Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have been here hanging around the Sky Roadster waiting lounge for a few months now, and would like to thank everyone for making my wait more enjoyable :thumbs:

I have neither much experience with internet forums or a great ability to communicate what I feel. That being said I would like to share how I feel about this forum :)

Right from the beginning I realized that many of the people in this forum had been here much longer than I had, and had developed a deeper sense of place in the forum and friendship with the other members. Unlike some who I have seen join the forum since then, I did not take this as a negative. It did not seem like what I saw was exclusionary, rather it was a foresight to what I and the other new members might be able to participate and become a part of in the future.

I have also somewhere along the way come to the conclusion, that this forum is not so much a random gathering of people whose sole connection is that they own a Saturn Sky, as it is community of people who share a common enthusiasm for a car that has impacted their life. One of the other things that shows this so well is that while we all have had to wait for (or are still waiting for :rolleyes:) their Skys, virtually everyone on the forum has done so without ranting and raving against the manufacturing gods :lol: :lol:

Basically I am submitting this thread as a way of saying thanks to all the members of this community, and to let everyone know that the wait is easier hanging out around here in this community rather than on some generic forum :cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like you have a good sense of what this forum is about and you seem to express yourself very well:thumbs: I am one of the very luck people who didn't have to wait to get my car:D I don't know if I have ever even mentioned it on this forum because I see the anguish it has caused so many:brentil:
I have found and shared lots of interesting and helpful info from this forum:thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
It's the only way to keep my sanity...waiting and waiting and waitng..
Great Post!:thumbs:
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It keeps me going for sure, it is fun when you gain knowledge from this great bunch. and it is kind of a hoot to be more knowledgeable about a product than the people selling it.:lol: :D I have already given a lecture to my dealer sales people on the SKY, and I am frequently called and ask questions about the SKY for their customers.

It am proud and grateful to be a part of this wonderful forum, actually my extended family!!!! :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
We can all get excited about having new friends on the forum! Certainly has made this fun for me, and now that I have my Sky, it is a good place to visit with folks who know what I am talking about! :cheers:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have learned so much more about the SKY from the great people on this site than I ever would have by reading information from Saturn or asking my dealer questions. Everything from detailed descriptions of equipment and build issues, opinions on colors and options, and suggestions for add-on equipment. What a great bunch!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Hello All

Basically I am submitting this thread as a way of saying thanks to all the members of this community, and to let everyone know that the wait is easier hanging out around here in this community rather than on some generic forum :cheers:
AWWW SHUCKS!!!!:D

What I like is the information you can get here. From problems to Modifcations to cruises and sometimes more information about somebody than I need to know. :lol:

I glad I found the forum, but better yet I glad I have the car.!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Many of us have had our ranting sessions ... it does little good to daily get worked up over something we have no control. :willy:

I for one was letting the excitiement I felt for the SKY be eaten away by the frustation that I had developed during this wait. :brentil:

I had some forum members that emailed me to that point and realized they were correct. So with a new atitude, I brew some coffee nightly and sit in front of this keyboard trying to relax and enjoy congratulating every other member as they take delivery.
:banghead:

What a wonderful country! :patriot:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Indeed, the wait can be very frustrating. I watched it over on the SolsticeForum as well. In that, I must say that I agree with the previous posts that by comparison, this group has done very well with being patient and not bashing the manufacturer.

It is a good group, and I'm glad I'm part of it as well. I took part in one of the events and met some of you in person. I've found that without exception, the folks are even friendlier in person than you see here, and that's saying a lot, because they're very friendly here. :)

I'm glad you found a comfortable place to hang out. That's what this place is supposed to be about, a civil, family and corporate friendly place to exchange ideas, meet new friends, and enhance the experience. It does become an extended family of sorts.

Great post, awesome attitudes, all :thumbs: What more can I say :cool:

Oh, and yes, that is a dark blue Saturn on Laguna Seca's corkscrew (at full speed--not parade laps) in my avatar. Saturn is a great brand, and now they've got an awesome car too. Once again, Saturn owners and enthusiasts are a special bunch. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Balance is necessary in life. To that end ---

YOU ARE ALL WRONG !!!

Elvis IS alive.
The earth IS flat.
Man NEVER set foot on the moon.
Bush DOES know what he's doing.
Saturn Skys DO have trunk space.
Redlines go 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.
This website is a creation of the New World Order.
2008 Skys ARE out and have a $1000 rebate.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Ok Snapper easy boy.......you will be ok the Doc said the new meds will fix every thing........Seal9:lol: :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

YOU ARE ALL WRONG !!!

Elvis IS alive. I know, I just had dinner with him the other nite.
The earth IS flat. True statement, it's all relative. Get close enought to any large sphere and locally it appears flat.
Man NEVER set foot on the moon. Yup - technically true. No man has ever set his FOOT on the moon. Mabye through a boot, but it would have been friggin' cold.
Bush DOES know what he's doing. ...when he goes to the bathroom. And he DID get re-elected, didn't he?
Saturn Skys DO have trunk space. 5.something cubic feet with the top up, baby!
Redlines go 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Ummm.... well....
This website is a creation of the New World Order. :D
2008 Skys ARE out and have a $1000 rebate. ...and we were doing so well... :lol:
Sorry, just couldn't resist...

Sorry, snap', I don't know if I missed it or not.... did you ever get your redline, or are you in a holding pattern...?

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

YOU ARE ALL WRONG !!!

Elvis IS alive.
The earth IS flat.
Man NEVER set foot on the moon.
Bush DOES know what he's doing.
Saturn Skys DO have trunk space.
Redlines go 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.
This website is a creation of the New World Order.
2008 Skys ARE out and have a $1000 rebate.
You forgot to mention....
"The United States has a goverment by the people, of the people, and for the people" :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts