Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question deserves to be revisited ..... :cool:

What cars did you consider buying before you decided on the Sky?

My answer:
BMW Z4
Volvo C70

I met a business owner this past weekend who gave up buying a Mercedes Benz SL55!! :eek: He ended up buying a sweet lookin' Silver Pearl w/ chrome wheels Sky and saved about $90,000 in the process. :D

This Sky is blowing away the competition!!! :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
VW Eos. More money, moderate looks, and I would've missed having it this summer. That roof in motion is a beautiful thing, though. Bottom line is I really liked it, but just didn't fall in love with it like the Sky.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had been bouncing back and forth between the SLK and the Porsch Boxter. As soon as I saw the Sky, I forgot all about those!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Mine was the new mustang GT, I had already picked it out, down to the color and options packages...but one look at the sky prototype in person stole me away........:thumbs:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nemesis said:
Mine was the new mustang GT, I had already picked it out, down to the color and options packages...but one look at the sky prototype in person stole me away........:thumbs:
I looked at those as well. The new retro look is pretty nice, but ya know, everyone has one. They are all over the road.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Subaru WRX STI
Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged
Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition
Mustang GT
All of these were my preferences until I remembered that there was talk of a saturn convertable when I worked as a detailer for saturn about ten years ago, and then I saw the sky and all other choices were off my list

·
Registered
692 Posts
Shelby Mustang
Z4
350Z
The Sky turned my head the first time I saw it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Solstice
Mustang Convertible
Camry Hybrid
Honda S2000
Accord Hybrid
MX-5 (Miata)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mercedes SLK
Honda s2000

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wasnt really in car buying mode. Probably would have bought a Caddy CTS in 2008. But then I fell in love! ohhhh my Sky Redline, how I will love thee.........:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
RedSky1 said:

My answer:
BMW Z4
Volvo C70

I met a business owner this past weekend who gave up buying a Mercedes Benz SL55!! :eek: He ended up buying a sweet lookin' Silver Pearl w/ chrome wheels Sky and saved about $90,000 in the process. :D

This Sky is blowing away the competition!!! :cheers:
My choices

First : used Corvette
Second : Solstice

There is no third... Nothing else to consider...

Why bother with anything else?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had looked at:

Mazda3
VW Beetle Convertible
350Z
Mini Cooper Convertible
Mazda MX-5

The only cars that I came seriously close to buying were the Mazda3 and the VW Bug. I actually was about to close the deal on the Mazda3, but something just didn't feel right about the whole thing...it was a great car, but I felt the dealership was being shifty and sneaky with me, so we got our deposit back. That is when we test drove the MX-5...was the first ride in a convertible for me...and that sealed the deal that I had to have a convertible. But the more I looked at the MX-5, the more I didn't like it...enter the Sky. :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
RedSky1 said:

My answer:
BMW Z4
Volvo C70

This Sky is blowing away the competition!!! :cheers:[/quot

Was pricing the Chysler, Crossfire but too much for an every day driver (at least in the good weather). my husband said ck out the Sol, like the styling of the sky better..............

·
Registered
574 Posts
A bondoed up Yugo!

I wanted Soviet technology...everybody knows the Yugo is THE performance road machine.....but they are hard to find...so I settled for a Sky......oh well....:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
chris67 said:
I wanted Soviet technology...everybody knows the Yugo is THE performance road machine.....but they are hard to find...so I settled for a Sky......oh well....:D
The Lada for me and of course a Trabant! Seriously though, a Scion TC but saw the SKY and that ended it.

R

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was looking at the Chevy Cobalt, Mazda6, Ford Fusion, and Volvo S40

When I saw the Sky, it was love at first sight and I knew that I didn't want any other car!! I know that I will be glad that I decided to wait for the Sky!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts