Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing semi-frequent searches to keep an eye on the announcement of the SKY DieCast offerings... And I thought I had a hit today when searching for "SKY Roadster" or "SKY Convertible"...

Unfortunately, it was a 1957 Ford Fairlane Skyliner Convertible. A pretty cool looking car in its own right, but not the cool looking car that I was looking for...

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
diecast

I heard from Saturn parts personnel there is a radio control Sky coming out.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
that skyliner was one of the first hard top convertibles for large cars....and yes, I am that old...:lol: :lol:
And the top stores in the trunk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I heard from Saturn parts personnel there is a radio control Sky coming out.
Prolly be getting that before my Sky gets here. Sure wish I had some news.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
that skyliner was one of the first hard top convertibles for large cars....and yes, I am that old...:lol: :lol:
One in a local Classic Car Show -- won Best of Show -- It was repainted -- Orginal colors (two-tone) --- Get this ---> Pink & Black!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
One in a local Classic Car Show -- won Best of Show -- It was repainted -- Orginal colors (two-tone) --- Get this ---> Pink & Black!!
Pink and black were popular colors for cars back then...Skip...:)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Pink and black were popular colors for cars back then...Skip...:)
Gotta tell you Skip -- It was great looking -- the couple that rebuilt it were dressed to match -- black shorts and pink shirts!:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Between tha pink and black it was broken up with chrome? ...Skip..:) :) A cousin in Indiana had a Dodge Desoto painted like that with chrome out tha ying yang:) :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Between tha pink and black it was broken up with chrome? ...Skip..:) :) A cousin in Indiana had a Dodge Desoto painted like that with chrome out tha ying yang:) :)
If you look at the pick above of teh Ford -- the white section (top) was Pink with the bottom black.. And yeah about 345# of chrome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts