Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sky Count-down Calendar & Tee Shirt

New stuff from Saturn. My saleswomen call me into the dealership yesterday to give me the new Sky Count-down Calander. It begins with May and counts down each month until Spring of 2006. Great action photos of the Sky too!

While I was there, they just received the first shipment of the Sky tee shirts. The Saturn logo and name is on the front, and the back has the picture of the new Sky with name! Hurry while supplies last, the tee shirt was $12.95. :willy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Calendar received in mail, no T-shirt

I received my calendar in the mail, which seems to indicate that the Sky will be out next March. I was the first to register for the Sky in my local dealership. I didn't consider the Solstice because a) I don't/can't drive a stick (manual transmission) and b) the overall appearance is 'sharper'. Silver is too common a color - I'll probably choose one of the others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Received Mine Saturday!

I received my calendar on Saturday... what a nice way to count down the days until spring of 06
!

·
Registered
432 Posts
take a look at the last page of the calander.... there is a fuzzy sky in the background... but look closer:

i see twin pipes and a wing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you say wing? I think that I'm going to die... :eek: :willy:

But not of happinness but of anger. :mad: I personally cannot bear to see a car as lovely as this with an atrocious wing protruding from it's back end. Whenever I see a wing on a car, I cringe, and thank God that the great American manufacturers have not given in to the "hip" style of Japanese cars. Sure, they ad a minute amount of benefit, but how hard are you planning to actually push this car? They will serve little if any purpose at all to the average owner. Wings and body kits on cars lead me to believe that the owner is very self-centered, and has too large an excess of self-esteem.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like small, short wings on cars, but none of this giant body kit crap... i like the wing, just not all of the other shapes you can form out of rice :D lol

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I just got it in the mail. I'll try to remember to scan it tonight.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Small Wing

The wing in the picture looks to be a small lip style wing; like that on the S2000. Looks like Saturn is going to market their Sky as direct competition to the S2000. I heard rumors of a 200+ hp engine planned for the Kappa platform this just helps the rumor gain some speed. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Smaller is better...

101jinx101 said:
I like small, short wings on cars, but none of this giant body kit crap... i like the wing, just not all of the other shapes you can form out of rice :D lol
I too like the smaller wings such as ones that are on my daughters cars... IONs and the Sunfire look cute. However, I agree that those large or really "huge" ones :rolleyes: look ugly to me... the only KOOL bigger ones are on a Pro stock car racers & Indy type racers...

Ps I don't think I would like one on a Saturn SKY though... I guess I have to see one first.

·
Registered
245 Posts
hmm, not the type of wing I was expecting... I may have to swap mine out for something a little better looking... depending on how a NON-blurry version of the car looks, lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I got mine this week too. I brought in a good sized package from the mailbox earlier this week that was from Saturn so I assume that it what it is. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Interestingly enough, I also got my 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata posters this week.

Ren

·
Registered
75 Posts
Delnari said:
That's the same picture that was the in the 2005 Saturn full-line brochure. There was also a small sketch of the interior off to the side, and it talked about the "Saturn development lab" or something like that. I don't have a scanner or I'd get you guys a pic, sorry!

How did you guys get a calendar?!?! And is there somewhere online that I can order a t-shirt? My dealership is way behind the times and doesn't have any of these things!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Never mind about the T-shirt, I just found out my fiancé got me one! He wanted it to be a suprise but I spoiled it cause I was complaining that I really wanted one and he said he'd gotten us both one. :willy:

Still looking for a calendar though! And supposedly I have a Sky umbrella in the mail from one of the GM marketing reps, but I haven't seen it yet.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If you didn't sign up to get information from the Sky website, or from your GM card, or from a Auot Show in Motion you're not going to get one. You can't buy them they're free advertisement items.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I signed up for info when the Sky info was first placed on the Saturn website and you could sign up for updates. They're gypping me! Hmpf.

I wonder if I re-sign up, if I can get a calendar. I managed to get an umbrella that you supposedly can't get anywhere but at an auto show, so maybe I can swindle myself a calendar too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts