Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering where everyone bought their cover for their sky. i plan on buying one and would like some suggestion. thx

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just ordered the KAPPASPHERE Weathershield cover.
The price seemed to be fair and the advertised quality and construction, to be what I need.
The area your in and the availability of inside storage ( I have a garage) is a consideration.
In MHO and based upon50 years on the water....... from my sailing/boating expearience "sunbrella" fabric is the only way to go if your requirements call for storage outside ALL the time, or if in an area with high UV issues like the SW.
Sunbrella simply protects and holds up best in saltwater areas and really protects fiberglass or metal items. (it should/better for the cost:jester: its expensive)
Most of the "sites" I visited have good explanations of the various covers. You didn't ask but price was in the $260.00 range and I felt this fair for my needs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I must be really, really dumb on this but i don't understand the point of getting a cover. How is it any different than just putting your top up, wouldn't that serve the same purpose?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I must be really, really dumb on this but i don't understand the point of getting a cover. How is it any different than just putting your top up, wouldn't that serve the same purpose?
Your top covers your car's interior but still leaves the rest of the car exposed to the elements and dust etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok - so help me out....what is the difference between the 2 interior covers that kappasphere offers...there is a pretty big difference in price? I have never had a toy car that will be parked for most of the winter months before so I have never needed to buy one.

thanks,

·
Registered
322 Posts
Again like so much here this is MHO....ok?....A good cover takes care of issues like UV, dust, neighborhood cat prints (damn dog doesn't get loose enough to chase them things:lol: ...), and especially salt air (I'm almost on the water here) and of course prying eyes.....and as you said this car will spend about four months every winter in semi-storage. So for 1% of the total purchase price I have all weather protection inside and out. Just my thinking on the subject and your questions are EXACTLY what my wife asked....she thought about my answers and said go for it. I did. Thanks for letting me voice my thinking on this.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sunni will be garaged for the winter so I am going with a flannel cover only.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I purchased the Sky cover...I like it. It was very easy to put on by myself. It is a perfect fit. I had it on during our last tropical storm...it stayed in place. It is not water proof...but I noticed sheets of water rolling off. I know that the cover will not protect my Sky form a falling tree during a hurricane but alot of leaves here 'stain' and alot of twigs fly through the air during a hurricane. I do not have a garage. I will only use the cover during such storms and to me it is worth the money.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just ordered the KAPPASPHERE Weathershield cover.

:confused: I ordered the KAPPASPHERE cover for indoor/outdoor a while back. I was a little disappointed because my car is outside and every morning when I went out to uncover the car, the cover was soaking wet. So when I peeled it off the car, water got all over me and my car. Guess I misunderstood what exactly the cover would and would not do. Tried to return it, but was told "no can do." Something about it being a special order because I ordered it in red? Other then that issue, I like the cover, although it wasn't :nono: CHEAP!!
Theresa

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sunni will be garaged for the winter so I am going with a flannel cover only.
I think this is the way I'll go also. I want a cover not only for when I'm storing it, but also for everyday procection from a 13 year old walking in and out of the garage with his bike and friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts