Saturn Sky Forum banner

How would you rate your dealer or Sky Buying Experience on scale of 1 - 5

• I have my Sky and the Dealer was fantastic I give him a 5

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I don't have my Sky but my dealer has been great he gets a 5!

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I have my Sky, the experience was okay, he gets a 4

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don't have my Sky so far dealer is okay, I will give them a 4

• I have my Sky, love the car wish I had the experience others had Rating: 3

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't have my Sky, I wish my dealer was more comunicative with me. rating: 3

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • I have my Sky but had to buy add-ons I didn't want. they get a 2

• I don't have my Sky I am going to be forced to buy add-ons

• I have my Sky and was charged over MSRP or ripped of by the Dealer. They get a 1

• I don't have my Sky doubt I will get one since the Dealer was a sleaze bag.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I wanted to post a Poll just to see overall how people feel about there Saturn Dealers and/or there buying experience with the Sky.

I am duplicating the ratings for those that have and do not have their Skys, to keep them separate.

In the poor ratings I mention add-ons and over MSRP as part of the ratings. However, I realize several people were pleased with there dealer even though they payed for forced add-ons or over MSRP, in these cases just vote for the dealer based on your satsifaction rating.

·
Registered
178 Posts
great dealership and salesman!!

i do not have my sky yet, but my salesman Mr. Chessnut calls me almost every day with my status, whether or not it has changed.......i will reserve judgement on what happens once my car arrives.....you can never tell what might happen!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Back in November '05 we put our deposit down and faith on the line with Saturn of Elk Grove. We live nearly the same distance from now infamous Roseville (owned by a different Saturn dealer). We ruled Roseville out back in November when they were only anxious to get my name/phone #. They informed me that the Sky could not be built to suit. No waiting list, no deposit option, no ability to order. A one sided what I could do for them proposition. By contrast, our Elk Grove experience was upbeat, can do and on the table. We signed-up on the spot. The few minor bumps in the order/purchase process were worked out immediately and can be chalked-up in large part to the Sky being a totally new product for Saturn. Steve Neville, EG’s owner, did an outstanding job ordering Jack’s Sky as the order had several items with constraints and Steve checked daily to get what we wanted (red leather/automatic/chrome). We are looking forward to completing the purchase phase next week when Jack’s Sky arrives. Can honestly say the process of getting our Sky is a team effort and we are very pleased to have Elk Grove working on our behalf!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't have my SKY yet, four Saturn dealers (owned by the same company) in Charlotte have been bad enough to almost make me consider going back to the Sol GXP...

BUT... I have found another Saturn dealer a few hours away that I have the utmost confidence will be upfront & honest, charge MSRP, with only one charge of $400 for "First Class Finish".

The problem is this "other" dealer has already been discovered by many others meaning I probably won't be seeing my RedLine until sometime in the summer of '07...

SO... I'd give my current dealer a 1, my future dealer a 5, and I voted a 3 due to the whole experience, and now the expected wait until I ever get one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
richmcc said:
I don't have my car yet but they have been great to me, the examplary Saturn Dealership. Worth the 420 miles to drive to get this treatment.
You deserve a medal. Hopefully everything is well worth it for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
SkyHope said:
Back in November '05 we put our deposit down and faith on the line with Saturn of Elk Grove. We live nearly the same distance from now infamous Roseville (owned by a different Saturn dealer). We ruled Roseville out back in November when they were only anxious to get my name/phone #. They informed me that the Sky could not be built to suit. No waiting list, no deposit option, no ability to order. A one sided what I could do for them proposition.
Good for you. You dodged a heck of a bullet right there. I wish you get your Sky soon and both your husband and you enjoy it. It IS a beautiful car, fully worth the MSRP on it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I am one of the "Paid Over MSRP and Pleased as can be"

I've been following the SKY since Thanksgiving 2004. I put my name on a waitlist at my closest dealer. (There are only 5 in my county, the three closest all part of the same auto group.) On the day they started taking orders, they gave me a call. They said that they would sell at MSRP with a markup. I was told that right from the get-go.

The next day I went in and made my deposit. I was "number two" on the list, and got my car imaged with exactly what I wanted on it. I think this was about February. I was told at that time "April, or maybe May."

Twice during the waiting period I sent an e-mail to my sales guy, and both times he immediately responded.

I got a call that the first SKY had arrived, and since I had my deposit in I would be able to test-drive the car that "number one" declined to purchase. I took it for a quick once-around-the-block, with a salesman in the car, since they were very concerned about keeping the car in good shape and ultra-low miles.

Two weeks later mine came in - with Red Leather and everything, exactly as I ordered it. They prepped it, but put no miles on it at all - not even to gas it up. It had 12 miles on it. When I got to the dealership it was ready and waiting for me. I took it for a quick hop while they did the paperwork. Then my sales guy rode with me to a gas station, and we filled it up with 91 on his credit card. I drove away with one of the first cars, exactly as I ordered it, paid exactly what I was told I was going to pay, and have been enjoying the car daily since May 9th.

Since I was prepared to pay $40-$50K for my next roadster - and I came in at right about $30K including taxes, plates and an interior motion alarm (the mandatory add-on that I wanted anyway) I have no complaints.

Could I have paid less? Sure. But I would have had to shop around, and no doubt would have had to wait longer. I wasn't keen on doing either. All told, I got a fantastic car exactly as I wanted it for less than I expected to pay. So I rate my dealer a perfect "5." They did all the work, did it exceptionally well, and I had no problem paying for their service.

·
Registered
314 Posts
jdigiant said:
Could I have paid less? Sure. But I would have had to shop around, and no doubt would have had to wait longer. I wasn't keen on doing either. All told, I got a fantastic car exactly as I wanted it for less than I expected to pay. So I rate my dealer a perfect "5." They did all the work, did it exceptionally well, and I had no problem paying for their service.
Kuddos to your dealership for presenting all the factors up front and for following through as advertised. Congrats - you'll definitely have no regrets and miles of smiles behind you by the time many of us get ours:thumbs:!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have to say that my dealer was awesome. They provided acurate info when I asked and if they didn't know an answer, they found out. The day my car finally arrived I think some of the folks at my dealer were as happy to see my car as I was.

Over all a great experiance. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'll save my vote til after delivery -- but a 5 so far!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
In all fairness

I will wait until I know exactly what's going on with the whole tire/wheel thing before I vote. If this wasn't brought to the attention to the forum, I am sure I never would have thought of that, or anything else. On that note, if it was all "Kosher", I really do like them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts