Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day we've been waiting for, we drove our Sky home.

We negotiated a deal the end of February with our local dealer to purchase their first Sky, because it was almost exactly what we were going to order, AND BECAUSE IT WAS ON ITS WAY! The bad thing was that after we took it for a test ride and made a down payment, we agreed they could keep it on the showroom for a couple weeks to show potential customers. They promised to keep it locked up and safe. While we were a little nervous about this, they kept their word and the odometer proves it. The waiting was torture. Our salesman, Scott, was great during this whole process.

While visiting our SKY regularly, I checked the things that I have been reading about on this Forum. To everyones surprise, we discovered a cracked driver fender side panel. It looked exactly like "NC's" pictures! You couldn't see it unless you were looking for it. The dealer promptly ordered a replacement from the factory and had it a couple days later. The paint is a perfect match. No harm done.

To make this day even better, my Kappasphere order arrived, with CAI, Windscreen, and Lil' chromies! I know what I'll be doing tonight! The SKY is in the garage and I hear it calling!

Overall impression is great. We are going to love it. Hang in there everyone, it will be worth the wait.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Way too cool....... hope you enjoy it....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lil' chromies

Very small wheels...

No, they are just little chrome door lock pulls that KappaSphere sells. They replace the stock plastic ones and add a nice touch to the interior. They go well with the rest of the chrome trim pieces.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ohhhh....very smalll wheels...pfffthiph...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yes, that's sounds familiar. I believe that the car in the showroom at my dealership is also sold under the same pretenses. ENJOY!!!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sky Hi said:
Very small wheels...
DAM you beat me to that one....:lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
From Maine to California...

Got delivery today of my new baby (1G8MB35BX7Y100278) almost! It will be in the showroom over the weekend as I ordered special Chrome wheels and also LoJack Early Warning to be installed monday. Can't wait to take her/him he/she for a spin..I do have visitation rights though. OH HAPPY DAY!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
eldeeko said:
Got delivery today of my new baby (1G8MB35BX7Y100278) almost! It will be in the showroom over the weekend as I ordered special Chrome wheels and also LoJack Early Warning to be installed monday. Can't wait to take her/him he/she for a spin..I do have visitation rights though. OH HAPPY DAY!

One question..... DID YOU GET THE VISITATION SCHEDULE IN WRITING.. AND NOTORIZED?????????? gotta be legal.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
eldeeko said:
So does this mean that you aren't going to be posting as much on this forum? See Ernest just about quit posting as he got his car. I be ahoping that yall try to post in order to keep the hoards down on the farm.... Skip... getting kind of lonely after 8 months...:cool: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Congrats to you!!!! Enjoy the ride, it is sheer excitment, fun for the whole family!!!
Ernest ya ol tired, hard ta turn tha wheel , nuckle dragging around corners, overbritches wearin, draggin ME-a-TAs down tha road so and so how have ya bean. I be ahopin that ya dun got out of tha car long enough ta go have a sit down meal. If not ya ought ta. It be relaxin and whotnot. Overcheer in Huntsville thar be all kinds of bad weather. We got rain an thunder an litin. An thats just from tha neighbers next door. Sumthin about one of tha kids dun stole tha blocks frum under their car. It be up on blocks because tha tires abeanin made for tha kids ta swing in an whatnot. Well tha youngin took that ol concrete block an decided that iffen he went aroundy round that he could sling that bad boy thru tha other car winder. Boy, ya talk about an ass-kickin. His mamma grabbed awolt of him an box those ears. She was ascreamin and told him that him bean 22 yrs old he wood have ta find a job an she wasin gonna put up with him bean mean an all. It got rite lively with her a boxin those ears an his sayin yes maam an no maam. She whupet his scrawny butt until he likin ta cry. I tell ya Ernest fast times at ridgemont high dunt hold water ta what goes on around cheer. Skip. Just aposting on a bad nite ta pass tha time away....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
congrats and enjoy!..............:cool:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Congrats to you!!!! Enjoy the ride, it is sheer excitment, fun for the whole family!!!
Not post here? Naw, I love to hear all the pissing and moaning that goes on. Besides, you can only drive so many hours in the day (although I haven't yet started) this is the only place you can see, hear and feel crying and laughing at the same time (along with some other unmentionalble sound effects). And the pictures really help. I'll be asending (sp) some soon!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great to hear:thumbs: . Enjoy your car but you have to log on once in a while to let know how sweet it is...and post pics of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts