Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my weekly e-mail from my dealer, and my SKY has advanced to event code 3300, which I understand means that it is scheduled for production. I assume that is good!

The dealer thinks he will get an invoice (which I guess means my car would be produced) the first week after 4th of July plant shutdown.

It seems that the production process is speeding up, but there are still delays in transportation (I live in Wisconsin). Given no abnormal circumstances or delays, can anyone on this forum give me a good guess as to an expected delivery date? It gets cold pretty quick here and I would sure like to have a few sunny warm days to enjoy a top down ride.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put my deposit down the same week you did and have advanced to the same event codes with almost identical dates. I am currently at Code 3300 as of 6/19/06 and my dealer expects my Sky to come in Mid to Late August. I figured I would pass along an excerpt from a Solstice forum that would give us a little information in getting our Sky's. To be honest, the anticipation is driving me nuts, but I lucked out big time. The 2 closest Saturn dealerships shared the same waiting list and I would have been placed around number 170 on the list. They said possibly 2008 I would get a car so I called the next closest dealer (about 100 miles away) and said they had 4 people on theirs. I went the next day to put my money down and low and behold the 2 people in front of me chose colors not available until fall so I moved up 2 places. I just wish I had a TPW to work with....

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2954

6-9-05 New Info about Target Production Weeks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a summary of some new infomation from GM. While it isn't specific to the Solstice, it might just as well be since it covers the current timming.

SUMMARY
To ensure high quality production, launch vehicles move through a gradual acceleration phase and rigorous quality inspections. During this critical period, production rates are adjusted to ensure high quality results. Achievment of quality standards will dictate production rate acceleration and ultimately establish the date vehicles begin arriving at dealerships. Therefore dealer delivery dates are less predictable when compared to non-launch products and production.

Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DarkFun said:
I put my deposit down the same week you did and have advanced to the same event codes with almost identical dates. I am currently at Code 3300 as of 6/19/06 and my dealer expects my Sky to come in Mid to Late August. I figured I would pass along an excerpt from a Solstice forum that would give us a little information in getting our Sky's. To be honest, the anticipation is driving me nuts, but I lucked out big time. The 2 closest Saturn dealerships shared the same waiting list and I would have been placed around number 170 on the list. They said possibly 2008 I would get a car so I called the next closest dealer (about 100 miles away) and said they had 4 people on theirs. I went the next day to put my money down and low and behold the 2 people in front of me chose colors not available until fall so I moved up 2 places. I just wish I had a TPW to work with....

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2954

6-9-05 New Info about Target Production Weeks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a summary of some new infomation from GM. While it isn't specific to the Solstice, it might just as well be since it covers the current timming.

SUMMARY
To ensure high quality production, launch vehicles move through a gradual acceleration phase and rigorous quality inspections. During this critical period, production rates are adjusted to ensure high quality results. Achievment of quality standards will dictate production rate acceleration and ultimately establish the date vehicles begin arriving at dealerships. Therefore dealer delivery dates are less predictable when compared to non-launch products and production.

Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking.
Thanks for the info, maybe we will both be driving :driving: before the snow flies.

My situation is very similar to yours. Our local dealer (part of a four store Saturn dealership) told me the earliest I could get a SKY would be Spring 2007 (and I was only #6 on the list). So I called around and found a dealership about 100 miles away (part of a six store dealership) that had a greater allocation potential. So far, it seems to be working out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Western New York so I REALLY hope I get it before the snow flies. Guess we are in the same boat... If not I will have to report back and let everyone know if a snowboard fits in the passenger seat and how long you can drive with the top down before you catch pneumonia mid-January. In all honesty I was hoping to sell my current car as a trade-in right before my Sky arrived and pick up a cheap winter car so I can store my new toy for the winter but I am somewhat hesitant to do anything until I know for a fact it's on its way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts