Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I noticed some design differences... which may be included in the redline.

The red part on the dash is actually the underside and includes the shifter area. The seats have no red areas and are bolstered on the sides... driving seats. There is no logo on the back of the interior.

I don't see him explaining it as though it was only Opel with the exception of his comments about the chrome bar with Opel logo in the grill.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Woweeee and its red toooooo. Im loving it. Oh oooo, there goes the butterflys again :yesnod:

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
I would like to see how the muffler is designed so I can purchase one...and then get a new rear fascia....I believe there will not be dual engine pipes coming from the manifold...so it is just replacing the muffler. Shouldn't be too hard. I am going to the NY auto show and taking pics of the RL. Hope they don't think I am crazy if I can get under the car :lol:

Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
there are steering wheel controls...u just have to stop the video...it is to the side of the wheel on both sides...a minor difference...

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
marlboromike said:
there are steering wheel controls...u just have to stop the video...it is to the side of the wheel on both sides...a minor difference...
Thank you, after a review of the tape I stand corrected.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the interesting part is that since it was designed by GM europe (and a clearly German designer) it was either meant for Opel and rebadged for Saturn, or was meant for both from the beginning. We're used to thinking of the Sky as a Solstice reworked for Saturn, but really it was reworked more for Opel and Saturn gets it because GM is repositioning them as the American Opel.

·
Registered
18,521 Posts
is that the kansas city shuffle..:lol: :lol: Just took those words from the new Bruce Willis movie, SLEVIN....highly recommended

·
Registered
234 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
the interesting part is that since it was designed by GM europe (and a clearly German designer) it was either meant for Opel and rebadged for Saturn, or was meant for both from the beginning. We're used to thinking of the Sky as a Solstice reworked for Saturn, but really it was reworked more for Opel and Saturn gets it because GM is repositioning them as the American Opel.
I think they already knew Saturn's new direction, and it was designed for BOTH.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
not too surprising

While I have not been able to see the video - given that the link is to a site in Europe, I would think it not too surprising that they don't spend much time marketing a brand not sold there. Have you seen any mention of the Sky on Pontiac's website or the Solstice on Saturn's website?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.