Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you be interested in a 1/18 scale diecast car of the Sky? I know I've been looking for one for a while. There is a 1/18 scale diecast model of the Solstice already but no one seems to have started a Sky model.

If you are interested, what price would you be willing to pay? Do you want more detail (=more money)? Would it have to be available in your colour? Would you want more than one?

If you are interested say so! If there is enough interest perhaps we can approach one of the diecast producers or maybe one of the supporting vendors might be willing to help sponsor the project...?

Thoughts please.

BTW I'm in for 3 or 4 and I can paint them the colours I want after. :thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'd go as high as $50 for good detail

Heck, I'd be satisfied with a model kit. (worked my way through school in a hobby shop) :)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Maybe. Depends on the price which I guess depends a lot on how many you order.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would pay 50 too

·
Registered
410 Posts
I usually pay between 50.00 to 100.00 for my 1/18th scale models. My 100.00 models are made by AUTOART. They do a great job in the detail department. Right now, I'll take a Hot Wheel, a Matchbox, a BurgerKing toy--I want a model of the SKY!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would go 50.

Would love to be able to get them in the different colors, too.

I also like the idea of a model kit, too!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would pay 50. It would be nice to get in my color but since my color is rare I would still buy one in another color.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm with you guys, $50 bucks is reasonable if it is a good diecast and actually looks like the sky...I hope they would have RL too, but I bet they wouldn't.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yessssssssss

rick112 said:
Would you be interested in a 1/18 scale diecast car of the Sky?

YES, I am very interested. Like you I have only seen the Solstice model. Way over due for the Sky. What can we do to move it along?
Theresa:willy:

·
Registered
243 Posts
rick112 said:
Would you be interested in a 1/18 scale diecast car of the Sky? I know I've been looking for one for a while. There is a 1/18 scale diecast model of the Solstice already but no one seems to have started a Sky model.

If you are interested, what price would you be willing to pay? Do you want more detail (=more money)? Would it have to be available in your colour? Would you want more than one?

If you are interested say so! If there is enough interest perhaps we can approach one of the diecast producers or maybe one of the supporting vendors might be willing to help sponsor the project...?

Thoughts please.

BTW I'm in for 3 or 4 and I can paint them the colours I want after. :thumbs:
The diecasts I have seen on idcow.com by Yat Ming are 1/18th scale and excellent detail. They retail for under $25. I think that would be resaonable for a Sky model, but would probably go as high as $50 with color choices, just to have one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It Needs To Happen

I would (and have paid) upto 150.00 for some of my diecast models, I would love to see this happen

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree, $50 sounds fine, but I'd go higher if it were for superior detail. Additionally, I wonder if 1/12 would be possible, I have a number of Ferraris in this scale, many of them "build it yourself" with real nuts and bolts and belts. I think the standard ought to be the main show colours, silver pearl with red/black interior; I believe this is what the original Solstice models were, with their show colours of silver and tan/black interior.

Related: I heard from a retailer some time ago that a SKY model was indeed forthcoming, she said "six months" after the launch, so would that be November?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'd go up to $50. Getting one in my color - perfect.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Of course I would love a Silver Graphite... 50 to 75 would be fine by me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
$50 for a little red one would be great!
Lisa

1 - 20 of 43 Posts