Saturn Sky Forum banner

SKY Event Code Status

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  nighttripper 
#1 ·
Having just gotten back from my dealer, my SKY is still at 030. However upon checking in his computer this morning, he traced my order number and it showed a l00 series code, i think 126, as TPW change. I don't know but maybe this is the status in the assembly plant. Everything else was okay, no holds on any of my options. I believe the TPW change might mean a later start date. Maybe an earlier one, who knows. Is there a an internal code system at the plant? Any ideas or opinions?:confused:

ERNEST:thumbs:

#4 ·
Nosing around in Google I'd say your TPW code of 126 means 1/26, the date. Since they have not started production (at least thay have not announced it) I'd imagine that your TPW will stay until they can update with a working line.

#5 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
Nosing around in Google I'd say your TPW code of 126 means 1/26, the date. Since they have not started production (at least thay have not announced it) I'd imagine that your TPW will stay until they can update with a working line.
Hence the TPW is being changed from 1/26 to a later date, correct? Thanks RICK Tinley Park. Maybe we can get some kind of idea on dates from this, huh. I figure we can all give info that we know and form a timeline so to speak. This is an indication though of some kind of action anyway, even if it is a postponement. I will have the dealer check it every so often and maybe we can get a handle on this.

#7 ·
ERNEST,

I'am still at 030 as well as of last Tuesday. When I was in last week the G.M said that he had talked to his "person" at Saturn and they do not expect to start the build until late FEb. with delivery mid to late March. I know you and I are in the same boat, Both getting the first ones from are dealers

PPHJJ5

#8 ·
Yeah pphjj5, and as soon as you get yours mine will start moving toward production...(we are at the same dealership). At #9 I have a bit of a wait -- but (and not to gloat) if there IS a huge delay with Automatics -- I could move up in line!:thumbs:

#9 ·
Ernest said:
Hence the TPW is being changed from 1/26 to a later date, correct?

That is what I figure -- I was looking at the GTO boards and even Solstice -- They talked about the TPW being a date -- once production starts they will change it to a day in the week they want to produce...
Oh, I DID notice one thing -- it seems the timing was as much as a month off (slow) :banghead:
But at least its a move in the right direction!!:thumbs:

#10 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
Yeah pphjj5, and as soon as you get yours mine will start moving toward production...(we are at the same dealership). At #9 I have a bit of a wait -- but (and not to gloat) if there IS a huge delay with Automatics -- I could move up in line!:thumbs:
Since when has their been a delay with automatics? Seems like the majority want standard transmissions anyway...automatics should pop right through..hope they don't run out of syncros for the standards..

#11 ·
Do you think the dealer was looking at some data at the plant? Can dealers get that kind of info? He accessed it with there image & my order number, I got upset at first when I saw the 126 and that I had fallen off the pace, he called them and told me it was internal factory stuff, and yes his consolodiated report today had me in the 030 group on his order report, I did move up 1 spot on the 030 list. Boy was I relieved!!:lol: :lol: :eek:I think I read somewhere, I have read so much stuff in this sight it all runs together, that dealers can in fact track an order as it goes through the POMS system.
Am I right? I think think that 126 is in fact 1/26, TPW of my SKY, but the change of TPW could mean the first to second week of FEB.:D

Come on lets have some feedback on this. Guesses, thoughts. instincts, fantasies. . . .:lol:

#12 · (Edited)
Ernest said:
Come on lets have some feedback on this. Guesses, thoughts. instincts, fantasies. . . .:lol:

ERNEST Would you slow down. That ol ticker can only take so much nitro. Breath Ernest Breath Now that the ol heart has slowed down a bit, look at my kitty-kitty. Ain't she cute. Now mellow a little bit ,not much , but enough to take the edge off. :lol: :lol: :cool: O.K. Now how is the heart doing? Still got one? :D Eldeeko won't bring back my dogs. They done run off after a Honder. :nono: Well. I guess I'll just go into my corner And cry.:willy: :willy: Skip....

#13 ·
Ernest that great that you get al your options. I talked with my dealer this week and was told the our dealership will be getting 6 SKY's in the next seven months. Buyer will have to take what ever comes in. They will be taking no orders. I guess I had better go to your dealer so I can get what I want instad of having to take what GM wants me to have. Hope you and eveyone else who t6akes deliver of their new SKY's post pictures so we can all see what everone else got.

#14 · (Edited)
Skip said:
ERNEST Would you slow done. That ol ticker can only take so much nitro. Breath Ernest Breath Now that the ol heart has slowed down a bit, look at my kitty-kitty. Ain't she cute. Now mellow a little bit ,not much , but enough to take the edge off. :lol: :lol: :cool: O.K. Now how is the heart doing? Still got one? :D Eldeeko won't bring back my dogs. They done run off after a Honder. :nono: Well. I guess I'll just go into my corner And cry.:willy: :willy: Skip....
Very cute.... CALMING.. kitties.... lol... dont got dogs.. how bout turtle and hippo? or cute bears... or.... the car we bout for our 16 yr old to restore... HE IS HAVING A BLAST.... SkyBaby-07

#16 ·
Ernest said:
Do you think the dealer was looking at some data at the plant? Can dealers get that kind of info? He accessed it with there image & my order number, I got upset at first when I saw the 126 and that I had fallen off the pace, he called them and told me it was internal factory stuff, and yes his consolodiated report today had me in the 030 group on his order report, I did move up 1 spot on the 030 list. Boy was I relieved!!:lol: :lol: :eek:I think I read somewhere, I have read so much stuff in this sight it all runs together, that dealers can in fact track an order as it goes through the POMS system.
Am I right? I think think that 126 is in fact 1/26, TPW of my SKY, but the change of TPW could mean the first to second week of FEB.:D

Ernest.... FROM MY GENERAL MANAGERS MOUTH.... production for the GENERAL PUBLIC IS TO .. TENATIVELY BEGIN FEBRUARY 27....... SkyBaby-07

#17 ·
SKY is in production

Production was slow starting as of the end of January with the Robots not working quite well yet- however the production line is actually working as we speak. There will be changes to your order number but only as it is recieved at POMs and then assigned a VIN will you probably notice numbers change. We were told at our facility that a dozen is all they will allocate to us therefor there will be more demand than supply. And this will take place thru August or so of this year then change over to the 2008 model which should have that Super Charged er Turbo Charged Red Line option!
Our first order is a sunburst yellow manual with black leather... cannot wait to see the day it arrives... we actually have a calendar with guesses as to when that date is as well. Early March is the heaviest of guesses... don't fret the excitement is what builds a product like this as much as the product itself!:)

#18 ·
I"M GOING TO STICK MY FINGERS IN MY EARS TILL MY BABY ARRIVES :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like a hit tune title :lol: :chill: ing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.