Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! Looks like we will have a dark blue SKY at our event this Sunday. We also managed to get one of the Carolina Hurricanes to come by and sign autographs! Let me know if you want to come by!

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sounds like a ball!

The car is really beautiful! My neighbor Todd works for Saturn of Chapel Hill and asked me to stop by for the showing of the car. I must admit the dealership is nice, but the food was just so so. The Sky cake was really cool though. They gave out Saturn compact mirrors to all those that attended. Really gives the Sky a chick car image :lol:

It was kinda sad that I had more knowledge about the car then most of the sales staff there. A couple of the potential customers started asking me about the car when the salesman would answer "I'm not sure". When ask how I knew some much about the car I say, "Skyroadster.com".

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Totally agree

Delnari said:
Sounds like a ball!

It was kinda sad that I had more knowledge about the car then most of the sales staff there. A couple of the potential customers started asking me about the car when the salesman would answer "I'm not sure". When ask how I knew some much about the car I say, "Skyroadster.com".

In fact, I call and let my dealership know of any new tidbits and it all comes form here. Thank goodness we have this outlet or we would all be pacing floors. biting our teeth and OH MY GOSH buying something other than the SKY!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Also a big thank you, to you for posting all those SEMA pictures, wish I could have been there. I have a 67 Impala ragtop and sometimes I want to paint is some cool color and add things to it but then I look at it and it just looks too wonderful to modify cause it just way to classy as is.

Thanks again for some great pictures

Kimberly:cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try and take lots of pictures. And Del...shopping at Chapel Hill? Gah!!! You hurt me so!!! Traitor! Just kidding, of course. Our food will be awesome
(or so I am told). I have printed up some handouts on Saturn products, cool stories, etc. I have to get cars and the showroom ready for tomorrow, sell cars in between, have tickets for the game tonight...and get up early and be right back at Saturn tomorrow. I have not had a day off in ten days, so forgive me if I appear a little edgy tomorrow, LOL.

Cheers,
Jill

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
You Go GIRL!!!

Jill,
You make sure you have lots of fun this weekend, GET some sleep, but most importanly take lots of pictures. You know how us wanna be, someday, SKY owners just pant for some new pictures even though we have seen lots and lots of them. Just helps pass all this time, waiting and waiting and waiting.
It is wonderful to see Saturn entertaining would be buyers and providing lots of food and games. This has become such an event, waiting for this car. I would love to know just how many buyers are on all the waiting list.
I unfortunatly, have to wait longer because :rolleyes: I am ordering an automatic, YUK YUK but I have a right knee problem and can not drive a standard very far in the city, so I have no choice.

Thank you for keeping us informed all the time with new information, I look forward to seeing how GM and Saturn start advertising for the new year. Somewhere out there will be a huge poster with a red Sky and when I find it, I plan to put in up in my clinic and drool everytime I walk by it!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great weekend Jill

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whew!

Hey gang,
The event just wound up and I am exhausted!!! We had a great turnout and a beautiful midnight blue SKY. I will post pics later. I have to Photochop this big 'ol zit off my face first! LOL. Del, thanks for coming by! It is always good to see you and very nice to meet your wife. I am glad that Todd bought his Solstice so that folks could see how the roof works. The problem was that he parked it RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SKY!!! Too funny! I wish I had gotten a pic of that! I have to go find some dinner. All this food around me today, and I didn't get to eat. Was like being at a wedding.
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hey Jill, your dealership presentation of the Sky was far better than the one at Chapel Hill. I hope there is no fallout about the Solstice showing.

For everyone, I ask my friend Todd to come by the show with his new Solstice (same color blue as the Sky :) ). When he pulled up in front of the Sky display I open the hood and trunk so anybody could see the engine bay and how the top looks and works. It was funny, people poured all around the Solstice and out of the dealership to see the car! My wife said the jaws of the owner and sales staff dropped. She said it was a look of total discuss on their faces. The general manager came out right away asked us to move the vehicle to the back and away from the Sky display.

Funny thing, by seeing the top operation and getting to touch the interior one of the customers I was showing it too decided on the spot to order a new Sky. That was my intention, let people get to see and touch parts of the car that are common between the two. The sales staff didn't see it that way, unfortnate for them as I could have made at least 5 pre-sales had I been able to show it longer. Typical sales people (except Jill) have no understanding what the customer wants to see before buying. Hell, I would had even offer ride alongs with Todd's approval.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Top-less

I hear 'ya Del. From our point of view it was like being trumped by the competition. Since the Solstice has a working top and the SKY didn't what was preventing folks from choosing the Solstice over the SKY? Plus, it didn't help that earlier in the day some of the salesman from across the street came over and started talking trash about Saturn. Here we are enjoying an event that we looked forward to for months, and it felt like we were getting attacked from all sides. Like I said before, great idea, just not the best execution, lol. And I never got to see the top work! We did take three more pre-orders, and all of my pre-order customers stopped by to oooh and ahhh over the SKY. I still can't get over how drop-dead GORGEOUS this car is!! For those of you who have not seen the SKY, FIND A WAY!!! If you think it looks good in pictures, just wait until you see it in person!
Cheers,
Jill

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
I hear 'ya Del. From our point of view it was like being trumped by the competition. Since the Solstice has a working top and the SKY didn't what was preventing folks from choosing the Solstice over the SKY? Plus, it didn't help that earlier in the day some of the salesman from across the street came over and started talking trash about Saturn. Here we are enjoying an event that we looked forward to for months, and it felt like we were getting attacked from all sides. Like I said before, great idea, just not the best execution, lol. And I never got to see the top work! We did take three more pre-orders, and all of my pre-order customers stopped by to oooh and ahhh over the SKY. I still can't get over how drop-dead GORGEOUS this car is!! For those of you who have not seen the SKY, FIND A WAY!!! If you think it looks good in pictures, just wait until you see it in person!
Cheers,
Jill
Where are the PICS???????? :mad: :banghead: :mad:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill
When you put a Sky and Solstice side by side, do think people are going to choose the Solstice?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pics

I have video (and audio) of the car going to the gas station...I will post it if Saturn will allow it...
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great pics thats my colour :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts