Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has 700 miles on it. 5 speed with every option. Silver Graphite with black interior. Flawless. Rear wheel well TSB completed. VIN # 627. Details below. PM me for more info. DC Metro area.

Stu

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am 6' 3" and after driving it for long periods I am cramped and uncomfortable. The seatbelt comes across my chest and shoulder too low and is painful over time. My legs get cramped as well. Just too small for me. Every morning, I have to pick which car to drive for my 1 hour commute to work and I always pick my 4 door sedan over the Sky, Shifting the 5 speed on the Sky in traffic in cramped conditions is not very pleasant.

Considering I could not test drive this car prior to purchase, it is the risk I take. I have tried to bare with it for over 2 months. It is time she goes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Ernest

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well, you did the risky thing - literally buying a pig in a poke sight unseen... You have legit problems with the car - good to hear they are not mechanical (well as far as the car goes. I am sorry Saturn Sky was not for you.... Still you were and ARE a great asset to this forum as your input got us through some early problems with the model...
I'm hoping at 5' 10" - 240 -- I will fit OK....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You will be fine Rick, I am 5'11" and 240 and fit with room to spare. In fact I have to have the seat one click from being all the way back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
im 6ft 235 and i fit fine but for some reason my friends are of similiar size and have problems...oh well sucks for them thats why its my car :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
SKY fits me...

Rick Tinley Park said:
I'm hoping at 5' 10" - 240 -- I will fit OK....
I think you'll be fine. I'm six-one and 275. No problem. Seat is ALL the way back, and I have to crane my neck when I get in and out with the top up (there is a peculiar way to fold and unfold.) Once I'm in I'm golden. Also, with the top down, getting in and out is a piece o' cake.

I was worried about the SKY, since I drove my sister's Miata (both my sisters have Miatas; maybe it IS a chick car...) Anyway, in the Miata, my knees had to stay bent (as they do in the SKY) but my shins pressed into the lower dashboard (not a problem in the SKY). Also, in the Miata, the top crossbar on the windshield was exactly right in front of my eyes. I could either do a Quasimodo, or stretch up above it and get bugs in my eyeballs (SKY doesn't have that problem for me, either.)

I can say, though, that bumper-to-bumper with a 5-speed is not a happy place to be in any car, and the SKY is no exception. But sizewise it's okie-dokie by me.:thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am taller from the waist up, with 30 inch legs. That is why the seatbelt snags me. It is not adjustable. It is also hard for me to get in and out of the car since it is low, but that is expected.

Rick, since they fixed the wheel wells, the car has been fine. Thanks for the kind words. It has been a great learning experience.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Oh boy...I'm beginning to think my hubby will have some "fit" issues with my Sky. He is 6'3" with a 34" inseam...he's ALL LEGS. :banghead: He's only sat in a Sky once, and it wasn't for a very long time. He said he fit "okay", but I have a feeling that he was holding back a bit so as not to disappoint me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The short trips are ok. Sitting in it for an hour can get cramped. At least for me, everyone is different.

·
Registered
295 Posts
go with the automatic

i have an hour drive here in orlando in I-4 traffic...got the automatic..im 6ft 235 no problem....

·
Registered
256 Posts
For us taller people..

There is a lot more leg room on the driver's side of the car. I feel VERY cramped on the passenger side. Then again, I don't plan to be riding there very often. My wife is 5'5" so she's fine.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Good luck with the sale, im sorry to hear you didnt fit as well as you would have hoped. You were my D.C. Sky twin... please make sure a good buyer takes her home!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1994SC2 said:
Good luck with the sale, im sorry to hear you didnt fit as well as you would have hoped. You were my D.C. Sky twin... please make sure a good buyer takes her home!
Will do!! Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts