Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I do not have an XM account, with everyone I work with raving about XM (Opie and Anthony fans) I decided to add to the car and sign-up (what was it, an extra hundred bucks or so option?)

I am also interested in the On-Star service, and using the included phone... if its there why not? I do have a Verizon Wireless family share acct already so the add-on option is available.

So XM is $13.... But that only gets it in my car... another $7 to add a second portable unit (that I still have to buy). I plan on being in the car alot, but to have paid for all that entertainment and to only be able to listen to in the car would seem like such a waste!

Then the OnStar plan is $17. I saw the threads about adding the 100 minutes, or adding to Verizon... well I have verizon so I would prob just add the car to the plan at $10 a month.

So that's:
13 + 7 + 17 + 10 = $47 extra a month for the gadgets!! Not including any taxes.

Hmmmm... have some thinking to do. At minimum I dont need the second XM acct but that only thwacks $7.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
XM for $77 a year

I would like to let fellow forum members know that people over on the Corvette Forum have been renewing their XM subscription, using "ZWINBACK" codeword. The toll free number is 1-800-892-5400

They say sometimes they are denied and then call back to another agent and can get it at the $77 a year rate.... FIY I have not tried it yet ...still on the three month trial...:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I would like to let fellow forum members know that people over on the Corvette Forum have been renewing their XM subscription, using [B]"ZWINBACK[/B]" codeword. The toll free number is 1-800-892-5400

They say sometimes they are denied and then call back to another agent and can get it at the $77 a year rate.... FIY I have not tried it yet ...still on the three month trial...:thumbs:[/QUOTE]

After the trail ends, you'll get a card in the mail offering the $77 rate.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I do not have an XM account, with everyone I work with raving about XM (Opie and Anthony fans) I decided to add to the car and sign-up (what was it, an extra hundred bucks or so option?)

I am also interested in the On-Star service, and using the included phone... if its there why not? I do have a Verizon Wireless family share acct already so the add-on option is available.

So XM is $13.... But that only gets it in my car... another $7 to add a second portable unit (that I still have to buy). I plan on being in the car alot, but to have paid for all that entertainment and to only be able to listen to in the car would seem like such a waste!

Then the OnStar plan is $17. I saw the threads about adding the 100 minutes, or adding to Verizon... well I have verizon so I would prob just add the car to the plan at $10 a month.

So that's:

Hmmmm... have some thinking to do. At minimum I dont need the second XM acct but that only thwacks $7.
You do not need to have an extra radio to listen at home or the office, as long as you are subscribed with a radio you can listen online at xmradio.com.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

So that's:

As a long time Verizon user I did the math -- First you can get 100 min for $17.00 through OnStar or, share your family minutes via Verizon and pay $9.99 a month.
I don't use my phone a lot in the car anyway so for me - I bought 100 minutes and it looks like I'd need to do that 3X a year (at current usage) so even at $20.00 for 100 minutes it would be cheaper to buy OnStar minutes ($60.00 a year) as opposed to Verizon = $120.00 a year.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

I would like to let fellow forum members know that people over on the Corvette Forum have been renewing their XM subscription, using "ZWINBACK" codeword. The toll free number is 1-800-892-5400

They say sometimes they are denied and then call back to another agent and can get it at the $77 a year rate.... FIY I have not tried it yet ...still on the three month trial...:thumbs:
I did not renew after the 3 month trial. I received several phone calls and refused to talk to them and asked them to not call back. Then I got a post card in the mail offering the $77 a year rate with no reactivation fee. I renewed.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I just can't understand the full advantage of a sat radio. I don't see the need with the all the options we already have to play music in our cars--:nonod: :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I just can't understand the full advantage of a sat radio. I don't see the need with the all the options we already have to play music in our cars--:nonod: :confused: :rolleyes:
I like the "Instant Traffic Report" 24 hours a day

I like the out of market sports radio and

I LOVE ...
....:thumbs:

·
Administrator
6,900 Posts
MidniteBlues : I just can't understand the full advantage of a sat radio. I don't see the need with the all the options we already have to play music in our cars--
  1. No commercials
  2. The same channels available nationwide
  3. No CD's to store, load, handle
  4. Wide variety of music, sports, and talk themes

Its not for everyone. For some it is perfect, for others, useless. I can take it or leave it, and for $12 / month I was going to drop it, but for $6.50, I may keep it.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you could always get a car head unit that has a removable face plate that you can bring inside the house, put into a second XM radio unit, and have it play there.

That's always an option.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
you could always get a car head unit that has a removable face plate that you can bring inside the house, put into a second XM radio unit, and have it play there.

That's always an option.
Well I have direct tv, I get it already for free (XM) that is, its included in my subscription--Maybe thats why maybe I don't think its worth paying for a radio music--donno, just MHO guys, to each there own--But I have free radio commercial comes on I switch, local traffic when needed--donno--Don't need many CD's when you can loaded up MP3 format, times 6 CD's that will take me to california--anyways, its ok, if you guys enjoy, then by all means, continue to pay:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I remember when cable/pay per view TV fisrt started coming onto the scene. The #1 reason to get it was - Pay a small fee and NO COMMERCIALS!!! Not 5 years later the fees when way up and we had commercials.:mad:
Pay for radio just aint worth it to me.
I carry 1 CD with 100 (Mp3) songs and have 2 more in the glove compartment. I'm set. Plan to get an MP3 player to plug in. That should cover it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No kidding... my number one complaint about XM over Sirius is that XM plays MORE commercials. I pay already... I want NO commercials.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts