Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first we saw the Solstice. Then they improved upon it and gave us the Sky (had to say that), now with the Opel GT and the Daewoo Sky coming to Europe and Asia, and soon to be a version in Australia??, will more Skys come to North America soon? It seems to be that the Solstice is not the car of the future for GM, but the Sky styling is, more exactly, the SKY RedLine. I have attached photos of the Saturn, Opel, and Daewoo models. The Opel and Daewoo are RedLines, but their engine shows only 250Hp and not 260. Not sure what that is about.
So, what is your thoughts on having the Sky be the world car?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sky a World Car

In my opinion it's a very good idea that the Sky is a world car otherwise we had no chance to get one here in Europe.:D
If the demand in the rest of the world would be as high as just now in the USA and Canada, the only problem would be the limited capacity of the Wilmington plant.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
If the demand in the rest of the world would be as high as just now in the USA and Canada, the only problem would be the limited capacity of the Wilmington plant.
It'll be a big problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
as far as differences in hp ratings (and other diffs.), you have to remember that the cars being exported will be built to the destination country's requirements.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sky. The little car that could!:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny though that the Sky is going to be a...30K to 40K production quantity, but just spread over a few continents. Not bad for a first year run.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Different hp / torque

ykS said:
as far as differences in hp ratings (and other diffs.), you have to remember that the cars being exported will be built to the destination country's requirements.
In the german Opel info the GT is listed with 260 hp and 350 Nm (258 lbft) and they are signed as provisional. I think the engine would be excactly the same.
But in Germany we will get more power :thumbs: out of the engine because we use a better gas. Our regular (Normal) has 91 octane ROZ and the premium (Super) has 95 octane. I think Opel will recommend 95 for use with this engine. There is also available 98 octane (Super plus) and 100 octane (Super 100). The knock sensor could handle 98, that was even possible for the first 2.0 Ecotec Turbeo from 1992. If there would be another increase in power with the 100 octane I'm not shure.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Daewoo is the 177HP LE5 VVT ECOTEC and not the 260HP LNF engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts