Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone thinks a GL model is possible for the SKY. If they used the same getup as in the GL VUE it would output the exact same HP (177) as the regular SKY. You could just put the batteries where the limited trunk space is. You would just have no trunk space in the GL, that's all. I just like the idea of a base, a GL, and a RL in all Saturn models. I think it would establish them as meeting the needs of a wide variety of consumers: whether it be performance, conservation, or just a base model, we have it for you!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I don't think it would be practical. With the batteries required, I doubt you would be able to put the top down either!:eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would you really want to pay $40k for an extra 5 mpg?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, if you want something economical, get a Prius. If you want something gorgeous, get a Sky.

I think in the distant future, maybe 20 years, almost every car, including sports cars, will have some sort of hybrid if not all electric capability. Lets enjoy burning gas at $3.00 a gallon while we can!:brentil:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just heard a fellow from a think tank who claimed that hybrids not only won't help our country's energy situation, they will actually be worse than using
non-hybrids. It has to do with the energy required to build them, but especially the expense and energy required to dispose of them (they are regular Love Canals) and the fact that the energy savings are rather meager. As usual,
the country's environmentalists have jumped on a bandwagon without the slightest knowledge of the overall effects. Just look at the mess concerning
windmills - it's a battle royal between the yes and the no environmentalists.
I've come to believe that envirnmentalism is more of a religion than a science.
The exponents have all the trappings of 17th Century New England Puritans.
What else can you say about people who think trees are a non-renewable resource?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts