·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a group here in San Antonio?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
We used to have a (loose) group here in DFW, but everyone seems to have disappeared over the years.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is there a group here in San Antonio?
I've been trying the last year to organize an Austin/Central Texas group with no luck ( a few interested parties, but no one ever shows for the stated meets other than the first one). I'd be interested in meeting up with a group in San Antonio if there was one. I haven't seen anything yet other than the occasional SWSC meetups around Texas. I've missed the Kerrville run the last two years it would be nice to make that one next year in February.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been trying the last year to organize an Austin/Central Texas group with no luck ( a few interested parties, but no one ever shows for the stated meets other than the first one). I'd be interested in meeting up with a group in San Antonio if there was one. I haven't seen anything yet other than the occasional SWSC meetups around Texas. I've missed the Kerrville run the last two years it would be nice to make that one next year in February.
Hey Steve I’ll help get one together, I have a lot of spare time and love my sky and cruising…
Maybe we can get a little action going?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey Steve I’ll help get one together, I have a lot of spare time and love my sky and cruising…
Maybe we can get a little action going?
We had a thread going here on the forum that mostly fizzled out.

I'm not surprised though, most events these days are coordinated through social media instead of forums. So it's a challenge to get these up and running without an established group to franchise on. I set up a FB group as well, I'll share a link later when I get to my phone.

Sadly the few who had shown interest either sold their cars or went silent. I imagine if it was a large enough production there would be more people come out of the woodwork as opposed to just a casual meet and cruise, which is what I was mostly proposing. I think a stated event with stickers or shirts or even a fundraiser might get some people interested. Obviously, all Kappas welcome to increase attendees, but we're still looking at a niche market in a localized area. With that being said I welcome any support in getting an event organized.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a thread going here on the forum that mostly fizzled out.

I'm not surprised though, most events these days are coordinated through social media instead of forums. So it's a challenge to get these up and running without an established group to franchise on. I set up a FB group as well, I'll share a link later when I get to my phone.

Sadly the few who had shown interest either sold their cars or went silent. I imagine if it was a large enough production there would be more people come out of the woodwork as opposed to just a casual meet and cruise, which is what I was mostly proposing. I think a stated event with stickers or shirts or even a fundraiser might get some people interested. Obviously, all Kappas welcome to increase attendees, but we're still looking at a niche market in a localized area. With that being said I welcome any support in getting an event organized.
I to am just loooking for the casual meetup and cruise. NOT the big hoo haw.
Let me know i’df interested. I cruise around wimberly, marble falls, a little south around sequin and goliath, maybe Port A.
I sort of plan the road trip a few days prior or follow motorcycle routes. 😀
let me know if this interests you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There wasn't anything around when I lived in S A, but I started doing some runs with Southwest Solstice/Sky Club / SWSC before I moved to the ozarks. There is a run scheduled for mid october up here if interested.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I live in Ingleside...on the way to Port Aransas...... I have tried to get a once a month coffee and doughnuts going....nope. Seems that most owners today are the middle market, after the NEW market and before the Collectors market, and they are only wanting a fancy car cheap to drive to death. No real interest in the car itself. If you want to drive as far south as PA, call me in Ingleside and we could meet. 361-238-0711 (Jim)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts