Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm noy trying to be mean here but I saw a white Sky parked in a handicapped parking space in the Northwest burbs of Chicago. I would like to meet the owner and see what their problem is that still enables him or her to drive the Sky. It just seemed so out of place. By the way, the color looked great, white,black & tan leather and tan top.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
triple black said:
I'm noy trying to be mean here but I saw a white Sky parked in a handicapped parking space in the Northwest burbs of Chicago. I would like to meet the owner and see what their problem is that still enables him or her to drive the Sky. It just seemed so out of place. By the way, the color looked great, white,black & tan leather and tan top.
I see no problem, I have pretty bad asthma expecially since a surgery and have a handicapped card. Does that mean I can't drive My Solstice ??? I don't think so !

·
Registered
129 Posts
:agree: It's really not a good practice to assume a person is or isn't handicap based on outside appearance. Odd that someone would want to. Wouldn't it be their business what type of handicap it is??

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
mbleigh said:
:agree: It's really not a good practice to assume a person is or isn't handicap based on outside appearance. Odd that someone would want to. Wouldn't it be their business what type of handicap it is??

I'll tell you any one who questions me will be sorry they did. I'm not happy with the condition at all, besides my asthma and 3 unsusscessflu massive shoulder surgerys, I'm not a happy camper. Can't work, Can't go out in the winter ect. I've has a Solstice for 10 months and can't drive it ,had to get an Automatic but a GXP because I can't drive a standard, I have no use of my left arm from shoulder down and now someone is going to question me. Don't think so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mbleigh said:
I don't really care what type. It's just that if you park in a handicapped parking, you better be handicapped for any reason. There is too much abuse around here. I see people park there, then put the card on the mirror, then practically run into the store. To me, thats just taking advantage of the system and they know it.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
If you don't have a handicapped plate or sticker you usually receive a pretty hefty fine and could be towed. I am having an issue with my back and getting in and out of the Sky is tough. I had to drive my truck today.:brentil: So I can understand the concern, but as pointed out, people with breathing, cardiovascular, etc., may not have a obvious handicap.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Could be a left knee replacement, driving an auto. You just never know.

I work in a 4 story office building. I made a comment 5 or 6 years ago in a crowded elevator about someone who always rights up or down 1 floor. A normal looking guy spoke up and said he had both knees and one hip replace due to some bone diase, so from then on,, I don't judge!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Courtesy "Walter"

I saw a brand new Mercedes park in a handicapped spot. Guy gets out, there's nothing wrong with him. So I ran his ass over. Made an honest man out of him!

Then his wife gets out of the car and starts swinging her crutches at me...

I took her out with the door...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
jdigiant said:
I saw a brand new Mercedes park in a handicapped spot. Guy gets out, there's nothing wrong with him. So I ran his ass over. Made an honest man out of him!

Then his wife gets out of the car and starts swinging her crutches at me...

I took her out with the door...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO Man that was Hillarious!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
triple black said:
I don't really care what type. It's just that if you park in a handicapped parking, you better be handicapped for any reason. There is too much abuse around here. I see people park there, then put the card on the mirror, then practically run into the store. To me, thats just taking advantage of the system and they know it.
My wife is handicapped, though it may not be apparent to others as a lot of handicaps are not. If you want to get upset at people for parking in HandiCapped spaces and not appearing so, I would suggest that you keep it to yourself.

Besides anyone that parks in a handicapped spot are handicapped, if not physically then socially.
:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
richmcc said:
My wife is handicapped, though it may not be apparent to others as a lot of handicaps are not. If you want to get upset at people for parking in HandiCapped spaces and not appearing so, I would suggest that you keep it to yourself.

Besides anyone that parks in a handicapped spot are handicapped, if not physically then socially.
:D
I try to"keep it to myself" but it's hard. I see a single person, alone, get out of her car and walk fine to the store. I don't care what's wrong with her, but if she if she can walk fine and she is alone, then she doesn't need to park there.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
triple black said:
I try to"keep it to myself" but it's hard. I see a single person, alone, get out of her car and walk fine to the store. I don't care what's wrong with her, but if she if she can walk fine and she is alone, then she doesn't need to park there.
Are you handicapped?
I don't think so from your tone, so could you park there if they weren't???

The answer is NO...so they aren't hurting you. Let it go already. Sweet mother of God, have you nothing better to bitch about?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
triple black said:
If the person has a placard or plate - they are entitled to the spot. Very often the hadicap is not visible or apparent to the eye...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CdnSkyGuy said:
Are you handicapped?
I don't think so from your tone, so could you park there if they weren't???

The answer is NO...so they aren't hurting you. Let it go already. Sweet mother of God, have you nothing better to bitch about?
Somebody needs to drive a Sky to calm down...doesn't he?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
triple black said:
Somebody needs to drive a Sky to calm down...doesn't he?
Ouch...Below The Belt!!!

My point is that there are very legimate things to complain about in today's world. Who parks where is not one of them.

How many soldiers died today?
Why did my property taxes go up so much?
Why did the boss give the promotion to that weasle and I got the shaft?
How did the Oilers mess up that game 7 after a flawless game 6?
Why did the stupid kid at MacDonalds give me a bacon n egger instead of a sausage n egger?

All legitimate things to complain about.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CdnSkyGuy said:
Ouch...Below The Belt!!!

My point is that there are very legimate things to complain about in today's world. Who parks where is not one of them.

How many soldiers died today?
Why did my property taxes go up so much?
Why did the boss give the promotion to that weasle and I got the shaft?
Why did the stupid kid at MacDonalds give me a bacon n egger instead of a sausage n egger?

I totally agree with you. If you put everything into perspective, there really isn't too much that we should complain about. But we are in a forum discussing individual things by themselves. We are lucky to be here, discussing the ins and outs of a terrific car that we all want and for alot of people is an extravagant thing and something extra. I put things like this into perspective every day and count my blessings.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:

Well, as a staunch Ducks fan I'd question that Oiler complaint. :lol: We blank Colorado then rolled over for you guys...I knew it was bad for them to have that long break.

Back on topic though, I understand your frustration, triple black, and why you'd think that it would be very difficult for someone with a legitimate physical ailment which would justify them requiring a handicapped spot to drive or ride in our cars but in all honesty CdnSkyGuy has a point. Some ailments may not be readily apparent. I admit I make the same leaps when I see someone park in a handicapped spot then spring out of the car and sprint into the store. But I don't know them and even if I did I'm certainly not their moral compus given the right to judge them based upon any perceived or authentic moral lapse on their part.

The Dr. perscribes a 2 hour Sky drive and call me in the morning...you'll get my bill in the mail. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Many and varied conditions

I used to work in a drug store and we had a number of patients that outwardly appeared to be healthy - but had things like a heart condition that made things like walking more than 20 or 30 yards at a time very difficult. Some of them even complained that the pharmacy department in our store was located at the back of the store - so even though they parked in the handicap parking space they still had to walk a long way to get to the pharmacy.

I have a friend who recently had a quintuple bypass - he got his handicap card prior to the surgery - before the docs even figured out what was going on and while they were putting off his surgery while trying to get his liver problem under control. He is largely okay now - but still has the card and still uses it.

What annoys me is when there are 12 or 15 handicap spaces - based on laws and regulations relative to the total number parking spaces or something I would imagine - and 99% of the time none of them are in use - they might only all be used one or two days a year around christmas time for example.

But what REALLY ticks me off is when idiots who are not handicapped park in the space next to an handicap space that is there for the wheel chair lift on a van for example. Partly because if someone needed to use the space they would be unable to do so but also because it demonstrates either blatant disregard or plain stupidity on the part of the person who parked there. Kinda like people who make illegal turns - in Ohio, and I imagine most everywhere, the law is that you turn from the nearets lane to the nearest lane - for examle if you are in the rightmost lane making a turn onto a street with two lanes - you should turn to the right lane - then after completing the turn you should then change lanes. 90% of the people I see turning in front of me turn from the right lane to the left lane. If everyone made the proper turns then you coudl have opposing traffic where one car turns right and another headed in the opposite direction turns left at the same time - but if either or both are making the turn improperly then you either have an accident - or one or both are delayed and efficiency is reduced. - On the other hand, since I expect at least 90% of the other driver's on the road to do stupid things and make illegals turns etc I use that to my advantage. If you could raise the average IQ level of all drivers (at least when applied to driving) you would have fewer accidents and less traffic congestion, which would lead to higher fuel economy and less road rage etc.

<getting off my soap box now>

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Robotech said:
The Dr. perscribes a 2 hour Sky drive and call me in the morning...you'll get my bill in the mail. :lol:
That's it, I'm going out to drive in our beautiful weather today. Gonna blast the radio and not worry about anything. I'm sorry I said anything.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts