Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the Saturn dealership in Santa Rosa this morning and asked it the SKY got there. I was told that is present and accounted for. A pretty red one, and that it would be there until Monday 5 Sept. Will be going there on Sunday to see it up close and personal; as they will let me. Hope to take as many pictures as possible. Hope to post them Sunday night.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you can please get close up pics of the front grill (for lack of a better description) area and the back of the car around the back up light. Also the stearing column around the tilt stearing leaver. Please.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try and get all the requested photos. There are a few shots, I haven't seen from others that have seen the SKY, that I would like to get. I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Enjoy your day and just know that I am up here eating my heart out! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's late Sunday, just got back from Santa Rosa and yes I did see the SKY. :cheers: :cheers: I touched it, and felt it, and fell in love with it. :willy: :willy: :willy: The way I'm going on you would think it's the first car I've seen. :rolleyes:
After I go thru all the pic I took I'll get them posted. And yes I got all the requested pictures. With luck they will be up tommarrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I had to pass by the saturn dealership on Friday morning on the way out to my camping/fishing trip and when I did, I saw the 18 wheeler sitting in the parking lot!!! so I had to make a detour..... I managed to get the picks of the tilt steering for those of you who asked, I will also post my pics so hopefully, between fkeillor's pics and mine you will all see what you asked for.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kool! I'm looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Requested pictures

OK Guys let me tell you about my experance with the SKY. First I want to thank the people at Santa Rosa Saturn. They were very friendly and accomadating, they allowed me to take photos in, around, and under the car. Answered questions, like what's that little square panel behind each seat? The pannel swings open to allow a hand hold to open the clam shell.
I asked about opening the hood and clam shell and was told that because this was a preproduction model that every thing didn't open and close properly and the tolerances were off so paint could be chiped and scrached.

This SKY is so much more impressive in person. All the pictures are great, but until you see it up close and personal, WOW !!!! It almost as big as the Vett. Only 10 in" shorter and 1" narrower. I can't wait o own one. It will be real hard to wait for a RL after seeing the base model.

Attached are a few of the requested shots. Hope I got them all.

Will get the rest posted at Yahoo and pass on the link.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Well that first image defintely proves the air outlets on the quarter panels is non-functional.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
fkeillor said:
... Answered questions, like what's that little square panel behind each seat? The pannel swings open to allow a hand hold to open the clam shell.....
Small thing, but your hosts were misinformed. Those little rectangular panels behind each seat are flip-doors, that are connected to the top mechanism. They are NOT hand-hold openings.

You can even see the cables that connect the flip-open action to the top mechanism in your last picture.

These doors flip up and allow the main convertible roof support hinge mech to swing forward when you put the top up.

This was among the top five "incorrect guesses" as to certain features on the Solstice :lol:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the corredtion. As it has been said here before, the people on this forum know more about the SKY than the people selling it do. Thanks Again.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures from Santa Rosa

OK I finaly got all the pictures fit to view up loaded to yahoo for your inspection. Hope they will be entertaining to all. Use the following link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/my_photos

I have devided them in catagories, also had a couple of videos but yahoo would'nt take them. If any body know how I can post them please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks for getting the picture of the working tail-light. It looks like two bulbs are being used instead of just one in the Solstice. Those side vents need to be cut open badly! I wonder who will be making a cut and snapin kit for the side vents and hood vents?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
rick112 said:
If you can please get close up pics of the front grill (for lack of a better description) area and the back of the car around the back up light. Also the stearing column around the tilt stearing leaver. Please.
Check out my updated gallery. :)

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
marklynn70 where do I go to check out your updated site? I just noticed that your at Ft Hood. Can I assume that your with the 1st Horse? What unit? I was with the 1/9th in the RVN a lifetime ago.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey Fkeillor,
I was at the dealership the other day and ran into the sales rep I've been working with. She was telling me about some guy (from sacramento area) who hung around the Sky for over 2 hrs!!! Taking pics and such and that they had never had anyone hang around that long. :lol: :lol:

That wouldn't have been you, would it????

Anyway, they got a kick out of it and I think you amplified their excitement in the process. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
fkeillor said:
marklynn70 where do I go to check out your updated site? I just noticed that your at Ft Hood. Can I assume that your with the 1st Horse? What unit? I was with the 1/9th in the RVN a lifetime ago.
Sorry I have been busy lately. I am still here at Fort Hood, I went to Iraq twice with 1CD and this year I have been transfered across post to 21ST CAV. All of my pictures can be found here on the forum gallery. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
usmc said:
Hey Fkeillor,
I was at the dealership the other day and ran into the sales rep I've been working with. She was telling me about some guy (from sacramento area) who hung around the Sky for over 2 hrs!!! Taking pics and such and that they had never had anyone hang around that long. :lol: :lol:

That wouldn't have been you, would it????

Anyway, they got a kick out of it and I think you amplified their excitement in the process. :cheers:

usmc, Yes that was me the sales people were talking about. The people there at Santa Rosa Saturn were great. They let me take my time a look and photograph until my hear was content. They even turned on the lights so I could get some shots of them working for a request from a SKY lover. I asked about opening the hood or clam shell and they told me that because this was a preproduction model the the clearences were not right and when opened the would scratch the body in places that were not soposed to be scrached. They didn't even say anything when I steped over the barrier to photograph inside the car or open the fuel cover. I did hang around about 2 hours and when I left I saw the time and wondered wher it went. I had no idea that I was there for 2 hours, it felt like 30 minutes. There were only 2 other people to come in and look at the SKY while I was there. I guess they didn't advertize. Any way I had a great time there and the next time you see your sales person tell them thank you for me. If you want to see some of the photos I took go to

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/my_photos

I only put what I thought were the better pictures up becaust I took over a 100 photos.

How was your camping trip?
fred

1 - 20 of 29 Posts