Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update... when I purchased my car, the power mirrors were not working. I brought it in to the dealership for them to have a look at it and they had to order a part in. So, I brought her in today to have that done.

In the meantime, I noticed that my radio was not tuned properly. They looked at that and advise that I need a new antenna. Its a 7-10 day wait as they have to order it from Sweden! They say there's no extra anteannas lying around in North America, and since the Opal and Sky are the same (?), they're getting it from their parts plant.

Thirdly, I did a big "woops" :banghead: over the weekend and got too close to one of those cement parking blocks and, like a previous poster mentioned, the plastic pins were scratched off and the fender liner was dragging on the ground. My guy put in some metal bolts to hold it in place until it's fixed. So, its going to cost me $205 CDN plus taxes to get a new right fender liner. Thats another 7-10 day wait.

THEN, I asked them to price out some other accessories... winter mats, and slush guards. They're quoted me $48 for the pair of mats and $86 for rear guards (do I need front slush guards too?) - installed. All you owners in the south may want to block your eyes, but I do plan on driving it in the winter. On the really bad days, I won't... but the roads gets cleaned really quickly in Ottawa and I don't have too far to travel between work and home. The dealership is advising that I get 15" rims and tires. Whatcha guys think? I know it would look funny...:confused:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
There are bunches of spare antennas laying about North America. I have one of them in my trunk. Lots of people have swapped out that ugly stock antenna with a stubby antenna. You should look into that. I believe one of the places that sells them is a supporting vendor here... he has a banner ad on the top of this page that clicks through to his website. Refresh this page a few times and it will come up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ggccg said:
There are bunches of spare antennas laying about North America. I have one of them in my trunk. Lots of people have swapped out that ugly stock antenna with a stubby antenna. You should look into that. I believe one of the places that sells them is a supporting vendor here... he has a banner ad on the top of this page that clicks through to his website. Refresh this page a few times and it will come up.
Go to "caraccessory.com.

I purchased the "z" series and love it.

I highly suggest the "Reception 4 to 5" for best reception.

·
Registered
138 Posts
21iwin said:
Go to "caraccessory.com.

I purchased the "z" series and love it.

I highly suggest the "Reception 4 to 5" for best reception.
Whoops! Make that "carccessory.com"

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
SkyBella said:
Its a 7-10 day wait as they have to order it from Sweden! They say there's no extra anteannas lying around in North America, and since the Opal and Sky are the same (?), they're getting it from their parts plant.
What a load of hooey. The Opel isn't in production yet, and when it it is, it'll be built in Delaware. Not to mention, with the amount of parts-bin sourcing in the Sky and Solstice, are we supposed to believe that the Kappas have their own specially designed 1989 technology antenna? Maybe the antenna is backordered or something, but why in the world do people feel the need to make up ridiculous lies? Is it that difficult to say, "we have to order the part and it should be here in a week?" Are they trying to save a couple bucks on shipping? Too busy to run down the street to the Chevy dealer?

·
Registered
316 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
358 Posts
reedred said:
What a load of hooey. The Opel isn't in production yet, and when it it is, it'll be built in Delaware. Not to mention, with the amount of parts-bin sourcing in the Sky and Solstice, are we supposed to believe that the Kappas have their own specially designed 1989 technology antenna? Maybe the antenna is backordered or something, but why in the world do people feel the need to make up ridiculous lies? Is it that difficult to say, "we have to order the part and it should be here in a week?" Are they trying to save a couple bucks on shipping? Too busy to run down the street to the Chevy dealer?
My neighbor has a new Chevy SUV. It has the exact same antenna as the Sky. What a bunch of:brentil:

·
Registered
188 Posts
SkyBella said:
Just an update... when I purchased my car, the power mirrors were not working. I brought it in to the dealership for them to have a look at it and they had to order a part in. So, I brought her in today to have that done.

In the meantime, I noticed that my radio was not tuned properly. They looked at that and advise that I need a new antenna. Its a 7-10 day wait as they have to order it from Sweden! They say there's no extra anteannas lying around in North America, and since the Opal and Sky are the same (?), they're getting it from their parts plant.

Thirdly, I did a big "woops" :banghead: over the weekend and got too close to one of those cement parking blocks and, like a previous poster mentioned, the plastic pins were scratched off and the fender liner was dragging on the ground. My guy put in some metal bolts to hold it in place until it's fixed. So, its going to cost me $205 CDN plus taxes to get a new right fender liner. Thats another 7-10 day wait.

THEN, I asked them to price out some other accessories... winter mats, and slush guards. They're quoted me $48 for the pair of mats and $86 for rear guards (do I need front slush guards too?) - installed. All you owners in the south may want to block your eyes, but I do plan on driving it in the winter. On the really bad days, I won't... but the roads gets cleaned really quickly in Ottawa and I don't have too far to travel between work and home. The dealership is advising that I get 15" rims and tires. Whatcha guys think? I know it would look funny...:confused:

Mine is in the shop for the mirror too. Do they think its the mirror or the switch (I'm on the 3rd mirror) when it finally occured to them that it might be the switch. Also they have to repaint the mirrors the 2nd one had the "orange peel" and we sent that back I hope the 3 time is the charm. FYI: Be sure if you had the Plat. Seal that they redo the mirror

1 - 10 of 10 Posts