Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving past the local Chevy dealer and there was a Midnight Blue Sky in the used car section. I called and got all the info. The Sky had 300 miles and they were asking $30,700. I'm not sure what the original list was but they sure weren't taking anything off for being a "used" car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Forbes Magazine should have called the SKY an investment.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I would be interested in the original price.... maybe it would be worth me .... checking it out.... I will be BORED/..... saturday.... hmmm.. let me know...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
130 Posts
How do you think the Chevy dealer aquired a Sky anyhow? Do you think someone traded in for a Corvette or that he possibly purchased it off eBay or something to try to make a bit of money for his dealership?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Triple Black P.M. me when you go

I might go with you as were in the same general area. I'd like to get a qoute on it. dealer said he would give me what I paid for my Sky on trade for Redline maybe I can squeeze him for more. Lol
talk to ya Scott

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
PieintheSky said:
Forbes Magazine should have called the SKY an investment.
Very few cars are an investment! This is just hyp. Things will get normal eventually.

·
Registered
304 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
How do you think the Chevy dealer aquired a Sky anyhow? Do you think someone traded in for a Corvette or that he possibly purchased it off eBay or something to try to make a bit of money for his dealership?
Probably through an inhouse GM auction in which all dealers can participate. The car could be one that suffered transit damage and was refused by customer or hail damage or a golf outing promo car or any other number of reasons taht it could not be sold as a new Sky but could have been released to auction.. Those are just thoughts based on GM history.

·
Registered
130 Posts
achieftain said:
Probably through an inhouse GM auction in which all dealers can participate. The car could be one that suffered transit damage and was refused by customer or hail damage or a golf outing promo car or any other number of reasons taht it could not be sold as a new Sky but could have been released to auction.. Those are just thoughts based on GM history.
I see, I see. Thanks for the info. I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went this morning to check on the Sky. It was traded in by an older man who waited a long time for his Sky and then when he got it, he decided it wasn't practical to keep it. He is moving to Florida and wanted something bigger. He traded it in on a Malibu. The Midnight Blue Sky with auto and leather listed for about $27,100. It now has a little over 700 miles and I was told the price was $29,900.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
I have access to a web site that lists prior sales at dealer auctions around the country. Believe it or not, about 30 Skys have sold Year to Date ranging from 13 miles to about 7K miles. Average sale price is around $29K. These cars are changing hands more than you think.

·
Registered
351 Posts
rick112 said:
Very few cars are an investment! This is just hyp. Things will get normal eventually.

You are right. Being that Forbes is a business and financial news magazine I was only making a joke:jester:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I heard that there was a "used" Black Sky at the Zap Smart Car dealer in Scottsdale, one that was taken in on trade for a Smart Car, and the Zap dealer sold it for $1000 below sticker. When this dealer confirmed the story for me, I could only think how wrong this was on so many levels. The way the dealer put it, they upgraded from a Saturn to a Mercedes for the same price. :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hmmmm... i was told there was a black one at carmax..... somewhere by chicago...not sure.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I saw a Graphite (Sly) Solstice at the Chevy dealer in Hodgkins, IL the other day as we were driving past. My hubby went back the next day to have a closer look and it was gone...I don't think it lasted more than a day and a half before it was snatched up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts