Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my Sky today. there is a problem with the weather stripping on the right front of the 'trunk' cover. It bulges out unevenly. Dealer is going to order some new weather stripping. The car had 36 miles on it as it came off the truck. It must have been given a road test at the factory. there was evidence that both rear tires were rubbing the wheel well "bulges". I mentioned it to the dealer yesterday but nothing had been done as they are still rubbing. When I got the car home I gave it a thorough visual. The body panels fit better than any other car I have owned, or seen for that matter. All the gaps are uniform and very tight. The panels are level. The silver pearl finish has not a hint of orange peel even under florescent lighting. I have owned Corvettes and Vipers and the quality and visual appeal of the sky puts them to shame. There are those who complain about the interior appointments. I think they are better than in your average vehicle, however the leather grain dash plastic does seem to mar easily, the leather seats could use more foam to prevent the baggy look and complete set of gauges would be nice to have. But the overall appearance is one of quality. Compare it with a 2003-2006 series Viper, a car that costs more than 3x the Sky's price, and you will see what a really "cheap" interior looks like !
I think the Sky is the best looking sports car on the road, bar none. Performance isn't up to par with the look, but it acceptable and the RL will be even more so.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Wow, I can't wait to be in your shoes:cheers: Congrats:jester:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Way 2 Fast, Cheers on receiving the new SKY in your home. After reading you post, I question the 36 miles on a "new" car. Thats a whole lot of testing there. I wish you and yours many miles and many smiles. Be prepared to answer lots of questions. Everyone what's to know what it is, and how much. After a while, you'll say go to SATURN.COM and build your own.:lol:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Congrats!:thumbs: I know that it is worth it despite any problems that might arise. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
:cheers: Congrats! I live the looks of the Sky too, but will have to put it next to my '71 Vette to match the two. Classic lines verse new style!:lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Astronomer said:
Congratulations :thumbs:
when were you imaged?
I wound up getting my car from a dealer who I had called last month to check on availability. They took my phone number and said they would call when a Sky came in. It was first come first serve, not taking deposits. I just happened to get there in time to be the first one who wanted it. It had the options I wanted too. I don't know when this car was imagedbecause the dealer had ordered it for stock.

Perhaps I should have waited because this dealer made me take a $899 protection package (wax, splash guards,window tint) and they hit me with a $299.50 dealer fee. When I called today to cancel one of the Skys I ordered from another dealer with a deposit, I was told that they would not have charged anything above actual MSRP and I could have saved $1200. Besides that car was due in any day !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts