Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I ordered a SKY back in May 2006 and still haven’t moved :banghead: forward on the list. The other day we had to go to a funeral 2 hours outside of York, PA and before going home we stopped by the local Saturn Dealer to checkout any SKY they may have and they had 2 Skys on site for sale, both automatic, one (Black/Black Leather) and the other (Red/Black Leather). So we went home and the next day called him back put down a deposit on the Red with Black Leather, 18 “ Chrome Alloy Wheels, Limited-slip differential, XM Radio. Hope to be picking it up the middle on this week. :cheers:

Get this, I asked why they had 2 automatics for sale and the dealer told me that they where customer orders that the user canceled before being build, but since they are no longer taking orders for 2007 Skys, the dealer decided not to cancel the order and sale them. I then asked "Don’t you check with anyone on the waiting list" and he said sometimes. This car was also locked in at the lower base price. :cheers:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Sky-Less said:
My wife and I ordered a SKY back in May 2006 and still haven’t moved :banghead: forward on the list. The other day we had to go to a funeral 2 hours outside of York, PA and before going home we stopped by the local Saturn Dealer to checkout any SKY they may have and they had 2 Skys on site for sale, both automatic, one (Black/Black Leather) and the other (Red/Black Leather). So we went home and the next day called him back put down a deposit on the Red with Black Leather, 18 “ Chrome Alloy Wheels, Limited-slip differential, XM Radio. Hope to be picking it up the middle on this week. :cheers:

Get this, I asked why they had 2 automatics for sale and the dealer told me that they where customer orders that the user canceled before being build, but since they are no longer taking orders for 2007 Skys, the dealer decided to not to cancel the order and sale them. I then asked "Don’t you check with anyone on the waiting list" and he said sometimes. This car was also locked in at the lower base price. :cheers:
Good for you! Sounds like you found a deal and will be enjoying the ride in no time. As always, we expect some pictures :thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sounds like you snagged one! I just couldn't bring myself to buy an automatic. This car screams "manuel" to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have talk to 6 different dealer in the York, PA, and Hunt Valley, MD area and they all said no more order for the 2007 Base. I couldn't say for the Redline. I also didn't asked if they were taking order for 2008 yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ctyankee said:
Sounds like you snagged one! I just couldn't bring myself to buy an automatic. This car screams "manuel" to me.
The wife of Sly-less has a 2 bad knees that scream automatic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ctyankee said:
This is my wifes toy. My toy is a 55 Chevy 210 with v8 454

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is cool that you found one you like....Happy trails

·
Registered
295 Posts
congrats....post pics

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Teacher1 said:
Is that the case with all dealers that they aren't taking any more orders???
They are still taking orders other wise GM would announce it is sold out for the 2007 build year. But some dealerships feel they have no more room for orders, the allocations they expect are all accounted for, so they will not take any more orders. But they are not sold out for the 2007 build year.

If you do some homework and call around, you will be able to buy a Sky. You might have to travel a bit but you can get them.

And the way ramp up is looking if your not at least 4th on a list your probably not going to get a 2007 Red Line. And some Dealerships might not get any.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sky-Less said:

Get this, I asked why they had 2 automatics for sale and the dealer told me that they where customer orders that the user canceled before being build, but since they are no longer taking orders for 2007 Skys, the dealer decided not to cancel the order and sale them. I then asked "Don’t you check with anyone on the waiting list" and he said sometimes. This car was also locked in at the lower base price. :cheers:
Congrats! That happens more often than most people realize. You will not be sorry:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
deluke said:
They are still taking orders other wise GM would announce it is sold out for the 2007 build year. But some dealerships feel they have no more room for orders, the allocations they expect are all accounted for, so they will not take any more orders. But they are not sold out for the 2007 build year.

If you do some homework and call around, you will be able to buy a Sky. You might have to travel a bit but you can get them.

And the way ramp up is looking if your not at least 4th on a list your probably not going to get a 2007 Red Line. And some Dealerships might not get any.

THAT is depressing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts