Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for best options to color in Sky logo on the inside of the hood.was told by a body shop not a good idea to paint.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Some on here was selling them

·
Premium Member
5,311 Posts
I would think your local upholstery shop could cut and glue in a vinyl. Would most likely get dirty fast though.

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Vinyl would not work....as most any material....the heat from the engine would destroy most materials...it should have a heat sensitive paint. The mural on my engine cover is now 8 yrs old. I know it has oxidized but cannot tell. After riding with my car...I always lift the hood up so the heat does not cause harm but realize it cannot be prevented.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have painted mine a long time with regular paint and no problem.

"The Sky's The Limit"

:patriot:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looking for best options to color in Sky logo on the inside of the hood.was told by a body shop not a good idea to paint.
I took mine out and took it in the house. I set it on the table and painted it with red model car paint. Plan on about 10 to 20 coats it soaks it up but it looks great. I’ll see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I took mine out and took it in the house. I set it on the table and painted it with red model car paint. Plan on about 10 to 20 coats it soaks it up but it looks great. I’ll see if I can find a pic.
found the pics. I did it with a toothpick and had great results staying in the pattern that was there. its been a few years and it still looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have one of those very similar on my car and I used Gorilla Glue to attach it and I have had no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts