Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am in a desperate search for lugguge/duffel bags that will fit in the trunk of the SKY. I measured the middle portion and it's approx. 8 x 8 x 24.

If anyone has any recommendations of where to find nice, strong material duffel bag(s) with these dimensions, it would be greatly appreciated.

SKY's The Limit!

Robert

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Hello, http://www.kappasphere.com/ is a supporting vendor and they have what you are loking for.

I have not seen it in person, but I am sure there are other members who have
:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kappasphere has luggage that they say is designed for the Sky. It's actually designed for the Solstice. You can fit some combo of their Solstice product into the Sky. Just not as much. I've been worried that this would happen. I hope the Solstice doesn't continue to eclipse us. I hope that manufacturers remember that although there are fewer Skys on the road the average Sky owner was willing to pay considerably more for their car!

Good luck and sorry for my little rant!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lugguge Dimensions - Top Down

Thanks for the info at http://www.kappasphere.com/ but I just realized the lugguge they have is used when the top is up. I am looking for duffel bags that fit when the top is down. Here's what it said on the web site

While this set cannot be completely used with the top inside the trunk, we are also working on a solution that allows you to pack more stuff with the top down! Stay tuned....

Thanks and I'll continue looking...

Robert

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I wrote to Kappasphere and asked specifically if the "tote bags" would fit in the trunk with the top DOWN. It was assured that they did and purchased.

Packed up for a short trip a couple of weeks ago and guess what....

You can NOT close the trunk of the SKY with these bags in place and the top down. Even NOT FULL and crunched down, the "tote bags" will not fit in the advertised positions.

I was able to fit them in at the rear, but needless to say, I'm quite disappointed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was told by my dealer this morning that Saturn will offer their own brand of luggage designed for the SKY. No timetable on when it will be available, though.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
itrainu37 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in a desperate search for lugguge/duffel bags that will fit in the trunk of the SKY. I measured the middle portion and it's approx. 8 x 8 x 24.

If anyone has any recommendations of where to find nice, strong material duffel bag(s) with these dimensions, it would be greatly appreciated.

SKY's The Limit!

Robert
We just picked up two duffle bags -- they are soft -- MAKE them fit -- we never measured.:thumbs: Keep shoes out so you can jam into the spaces...

·
Registered
354 Posts
do a search on "extra storage" some nice 15" bags in that thread

·
Registered
62 Posts
Luggage rack

Has anyone gotten the luggage rack or is it available yet from saturn that fits on the trunk?......I also wondered if it was removable.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
RockyMtnSky said:
Has anyone gotten the luggage rack or is it available yet from saturn that fits on the trunk?......I also wondered if it was removable.
My dealer told me the luggage rack is going to mount with suction cups, anyone else here this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just imagined a luggage rack on the back of my Sky .. Nope, can't do it!
I'll live with wrinkled shirts and one pair of shoes to wear on a trip.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I saw the luggage rack mounted on a Sky at one of the dealerships and I believe it's bolted on....I didn't see any suction cups. And let me add that it is very small. It fits between the two "humps". (so how big could it be??) Won't be adding that to my R/L :eek:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello Everyone,

SKY's The Limit!

Robert
Tournamax makes a 15" duffle that fits perfectly. :) You can put 4 along the back of the trunk and still easily get the top down.
Photos in My Gallery shows 4 of them in the trunk.
Found them at www.walgreens.com at cost of 2/$10. Just type 'Tournamax' in search window. Assorted colors means black and green/black.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts