Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learning about the process of delivery made me wonder how many opportunities there are from birth to delivery to put miles on each SKY? Anybody know what happens at the plant? Is each SKY taken for a test drive? Or just from the line into the lot? Next drive is onto a truck - what happens after that? I've noticed several reporting back that their SKY arrived at the dealership with X # of miles on it and that varies a bit. Our own SKY is currently off one rail car and will soon be driven again onto another rail car. (Jack has visions of joy rides in the rail yards in his new baby!:jester:) If anyone can explain this process in greater detail, I'm interested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
after the car has been built 3 workers from the plant take turns driving
the sky. Each one drive it a mile as hard as they could.
then when its being ship to the dealers all the others get a chance as well. they take it around the rail cars a few times before they go to the dealer then to you.!!

Ohhhhhh just kidding but imagine if it was true!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
middletown_AL said:
after the car has been built 3 workers from the plant take turns driving
the sky. Each one drive it a mile as hard as they could.
then when its being ship to the dealers all the others get a chance as well. they take it around the rail cars a few times before they go to the dealer then to you.!!
Ohhhhhh just kidding but imagine if it was true!!! LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet you just gave some a heartattack

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
pphjj5 said:
My wifes sky had a whole 4 miles on it when she took delievery.......:thumbs:
Same here......:D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mine had 21 km

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Some hobo drove mine 25 miles. But he was wearing some nice cologne. It smelled like new car.......Skip,,,,,,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
54 Posts
24 miles on mine at delivery.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Mine had 43 on it...... GRRRRRR.... but she is still purty!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
74 Posts
Miles

We got ours yesterday and it had 16 mi on it now it has 72:lol: It drives nice,but it is my wife's car, I still prefer my 78 MGB, call me old fashion:willy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts