Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unverified from second source but apparently true, Sky base MSRP has been announced as $23,690
eneral Motors Announces 2007 Saturn Sky Prices Print By Global Auto Systems Staff January 03, 2006 The Sky roadster will make its debut this spring with a base sticker price of $23,690.

DETROIT—The 2007 Saturn Sky, the sister vehicle to the Pontiac Solstice, will hit the market this spring starting at $23,690 for models with a five-speed manual transmission and $24,540 for those with an optional five-speed automatic, General Motors announced on Tuesday. Prices include a $575 destination charge.

The 2006 Pontiac Solstice starts at $20,490, including destination. The Sky's standard equipment will include air conditioning, power accessories, remote keyless entry, an AM/FM/CD stereo with input jack for portable audio players, anti-lock brakes, and four-wheel independent suspension with Bilstein shocks.

The Sky, built in Wilmington, Delaware, is powered by a 2.4-literDOHC I-4 engine that makes 177 horsepower and 166 lb-ft of torque. GM says an optional limited-slip differential will be available on the Sky.
Taking the base Sol and adding what I think are the proper RPO's the Sol with what is standard on Sky would be $22,475 only slightly more than $1000 higher price for more exclusivity (based on lower volume)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
that info was release over a month ago... but thanks anyway

I have the .pdf file that has the pricing of all the options if you would like me to send it, PM me your email

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sky $ vs Solstice $

KappaMan is right:agree:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I am just getting back up to speed after trying to quit the forums "cold turkey" and I even did a simple search without digging down the threads to see if any thread was titled "Sky MSRP announced" or something similar and nothing jumped out at me. No wonder "newbies" get frustrated when even somewhat "old-timers" get confused.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
When I did the math, the Solstice came to $45 bucks more... :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
When I did the math, the Solstice came to $45 bucks more... :D
I did my calculations just after the Sky prices were announced and with the exact same equipment, remember some things the Sky has as standard you can't get on the Solstice without buying other equipment...so you have to transpose some options and figure from there... PS did you account for the raise in the Solstice base price?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
PS did you account for the raise in the Soldtice base price?
Nope... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts