Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a lot of business travel these past 6 weeks. Just came back from Detroit and they have a GM gift shop in the new terminal that Northwest Airlines uses. In the gift shop, they have a silver graphite sky on display. It is VIN # 61. It is a cloth interior 5 speed. Was really cool to see the car on display there. They also sold Sky caps, shirts, coffee mugs, etc.

On another note, yes I still own my Sky. Only have 1100 miles on it. I have not been home much since memorial day, it is resting under a car cover in the garage. I am going to keep her for now.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I thought Sky Caps were the guys that lugged your baggage from the curb to the counter.

They're selling them there?

:willy:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jdigiant said:
I thought Sky Caps were the guys that lugged your baggage from the curb to the counter.

No, it was on display...they sell hats, shirts, model cars, etc. in the shop, but had a Sky on display.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
Been doing a lot of business travel these past 6 weeks. Just came back from Detroit and they have a GM gift shop in the new terminal that Northwest Airlines uses. In the gift shop, they have a silver graphite sky on display. It is VIN # 61. It is a cloth interior 5 speed. Was really cool to see the car on display there. They also sold Sky caps, shirts, coffee mugs, etc.
There was one in the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky airport as well but not sure about the details or if it's still there....

·
Registered
325 Posts
jdigiant said:

:lol:
I would like my own Sky Cap, would be nice to have them carry stuff around or cut the lawn, etc..

·
Registered
59 Posts
They had a red solstice on display there for months. Nice to see they finally upgraded.:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
MISky said:
They had a red solstice on display there for months. Nice to see they finally upgraded.:thumbs:
See, it's comments "upgraded" that make the Solstice folks crazy. The SKY is just different than the Solstice. Not better. :nono:

But yeah, I'm glad to see that they put the prettier car there. :thumbs:

(Oops!)
:leaving:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
jdigiant said:

:lol: Now that was good. :thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agirltrucker said:
:lol: Now that was good. :thumbs:

Sky baseball CAPS. However, I agree the actual Sky Cap would be nice:D Need to put my luggage somewhere since there is no room in the trunk!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Scale Model Sky

Stu's Sky said:
No, it was on display...they sell hats, shirts, model cars, etc. in the shop, but had a Sky on display.
I have been trying to find a model Sky for my car collection on ebay but have not have had any luck. Did they have a model Skys at the Detroit or Cincinnati Airport? Does anyone know if there are any Sky models available yet?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I already own a Sky Cap, and will be sporting it at the Downer's Grove Sky Show this Saturday!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skyfan said:
I have been trying to find a model Sky for my car collection on ebay but have not have had any luck. Did they have a model Skys at the Detroit or Cincinnati Airport? Does anyone know if there are any Sky models available yet?
I looked and they did not have a model Sky.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
jdigiant said:

I may need to take a ride to detroit... i could use a SKYCAP... to help lug in groceries, etc, etc... hope they are cheap...... LOLOL...SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
skyfan said:
I've been searching pretty thoroughly, and have had no luck to date. There's a die-cast Solstice available, so the SKY should follow within the year I would think...

·
Registered
129 Posts
jdigiant said:
I've been searching pretty thoroughly, and have had no luck to date. There's a die-cast Solstice available, so the SKY should follow within the year I would think...
Same here, the only one I came across was a die-cast of the saturn sky concept, not at all what you're looking for. :willy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts