Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may be traveling to or through the city of Detroit (Northwest Airlines just sometimes is too cheap to not do it or perhaps you want to thank the Tigers for knocking off the Yankees) and you find yourself in the newly rebuilt airport, you can stop by the GM store in the middle of concourse A to see a graphite baseline Sky on display. And yes I asked about diecast models for the Sky and got not much of an answer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Having been born there myself and never intend on living there again, I now insist that all of my relatives come to visit me. Last time the Tigers went to the World Series and won the people of Detroit celebrated by rioting in the streets burning cars, stores, and mail boxes. But hey thanks for the terrific photo and I really hope you enjoyed your trip. :thumbs:

·
Registered
323 Posts
For those of you who may be traveling to or through the city of Detroit (Northwest Airlines just sometimes is too cheap to not do it or perhaps you want to thank the Tigers for knocking off the Yankees) and you find yourself in the newly rebuilt airport, you can stop by the GM store in the middle of concourse A to see a graphite baseline Sky on display. And yes I asked about diecast models for the Sky and got not much of an answer.
I've seen people with bigger suitcases try to stuff them in the overhead bin. :lol:

I had to re-read the post to see it was a GM store. I was thinking at first it was your run-of-the-mill newstand....!

"Yeah, I'd like one pack of gum, a bottle of water, last month's issue of Maxim, and oh yeah....that graphite Sky in the corner...." :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
For those of you who may be traveling to or through the city of Detroit (Northwest Airlines just sometimes is too cheap to not do it or perhaps you want to thank the Tigers for knocking off the Yankees....

THANK YOU TIGERS!:D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That SKY was the only I have seen with "cloth seats" and they look good..:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That SKY was the only I have seen with "cloth seats" and they look good..:)
Agreed, the cloth seats are some of the best i have seen on any car. Fine detail to the fabric that probably breathes well and looks very comfortable.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was in that store (GM Collection?) last September, and I believe there was a Hummer on display. They had a diecast of my yellow TA, only it was a convertible. Really cool store.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw it as well ditto on the cloth seats. First I had seen. I couldn't imagine a hummer there, small store. It was probably easier to run the Sky through the x-ray screener.:lol:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I saw it as well ditto on the cloth seats. First I had seen. I couldn't imagine a hummer there, small store. It was probably easier to run the Sky through the x-ray screener.:lol:
It was probably an H3, and no, there wasn't a lot of room in there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Last time the Tigers went to the World Series and won the people of Detroit celebrated by rioting in the streets burning cars, stores, and mail boxes.
I guess you missed the crowd at the stadium at the end of game 4...... The worst thing that happened was Kenny Rogers, the winning pitcher of game 3 poured champagne onto the hat of a Michigan State trooper while he was wearing it...... They were standing on top of the dugout at the time.....

A few of my friends were at that game and they all agreed that the atmosphere was electric.

We really don't burn stuff up 'til we WIN the World Series..... :D

HoldHard (Tiger Batboy apprentice in training)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess you missed the crowd at the stadium at the end of game 4...... A few of my friends were at that game and they all agreed that the atmosphere was electric.

I was delayed at the airport for the game and took a taxi downtown to watch the football games and baseball games at a bar... it was totally absurd how wild that town was. I was drenched in beer and everyone was so happy... I think they gave amnesty to drunk driving and public indecency for the evening. A guy on the plane had gone to the game and said he was drenched in bubbly from the celebration. I'm going to have to make a trip back to that town one day.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I guess you missed the crowd at the stadium at the end of game 4...... The worst thing that happened was Kenny Rogers, the winning pitcher of game 3 poured champagne onto the hat of a Michigan State trooper while he was wearing it...... They were standing on top of the dugout at the time.....

A few of my friends were at that game and they all agreed that the atmosphere was electric.

We really don't burn stuff up 'til we WIN the World Series..... :D

HoldHard (Tiger Batboy apprentice in training)
I did miss it but my uncle was a mounted policeman on the streets after we won the last game. He said they all decided to pull back because it was so out of control. Some people just party a little harder than others I guess. :thumbs:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My only problem with the GM Store is that they put the sky on display and the only apparel they have is an ugly Sky hat, they need tshirts, diecasts, etc in there.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My only problem with the GM Store is that they put the sky on display and the only apparel they have is an ugly Sky hat, they need tshirts, diecasts, etc in there.
Yep all they had was a two-tone ball cap. Contrast that to the H2: Hats, Shirts, Matchbox Cars, Models, Remote Control Cars, Books, DVDs, Watches, Key Chains, Playing Cards, Backpacks, Baby Clothes, Jackets, IPod sleeves, Body Wash, Chia-Hummers, Prescription Drugs, Malt Liquor, Girls Gone Wild Tapes, Milk Chocolate Fountains and Snoopy H2 Sno-Cone machines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts