Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a June issue of Road and Track. They did a full road test on the Sky that's pretty good. Interesting results when compared to the earlier Soltice test. The Sky pulled higher lateral acceleration, .91g vs.88g. It was also .2 sec quicker up to 60 MPH, but ran the same quarter mile time of 15.8 sec. The Sky tested was 175 lbs heavier than the Solstice. The only negative was the 60 to 0 braking was worse than the Solstice, 132 ft to stop vs. 114ft.

They stated that the Sky has more rear wheel travel than the Solstice, which aids the ride and may improve handling somewhat. They did not mention the benefits of the automatic tread cleaning feature of the wheelwells however!

I wonder how much of the performance differences are just due to break in miles, gas octane, manufacturing variances, etc.

Also noticed that there will be a Sky video at the roadandtrack.com website, however as of last night it had not yet been posted.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Sky Hi said:
I wonder how much of the performance differences are just due to break in miles, gas octane, manufacturing variances, etc.
Unless the cars were tested back to back on the same day by the same people I wouldn't trust any comparison values like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts