Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
GM's online dealerworld site has released the order guide for the Sky. Its a mere 17 pages long and although the specifications are listed as preliminary, all the standard features and options are listed.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS

US8 - Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Includes (UQ3) Monsoon premium speaker system
US9 - Audio system, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Includes (UQ3) Monsoon premium speaker system
U2K - XM Satellite Radio, features 67 channels of 100% commercial-free music included in its over 150 channels of the best in music, news, sports, talk, comedy, XM Instant Traffic and Weather and more. Digital quality sound with coast-to-coast signal coverage. 3 trial months - no obligation.
PCH - Premium Trim Package, includes (IP2) leather seat inserts, (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (B70) metallic finish sill plates and (JF5) stainless steel pedal covers
D52 Spoiler, rear
PD5 Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) chrome alloy
G80 Differential, limited slip rear
MX0 Transmission 5-speed automatic - Interim availability.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interior Colors: Black, Red and Tan
Top Colors: Black and Tan

Exterior Colors:
Midnight Blue - 25U (available with black/black or tan/tan)
Sunburst Yellow - 34U (available with black/black)
Forest Green - 38U (available with black/black or tan/tan)
Black Onyx - 41U (available with black/black, tan/black, tan/tan or red/black)
Silver Graphite - 42U (available with black/black or red/black)
Polar White - 50U (available with black/black, tan/tan or red/black)
Silver Pearl - 67U (available with black/black or red/black)
Bluestone - 72U (available with black/black or tan/tan)
Chili Pepper Red - 74U (available with black/black or tan/tan)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WGH said:
Are chrome wheels standard? Also is the US8 the standard radio or is that an upgrade?
Those are all additional options.

U1C is the standard radio (AM/FM, CD, 6 speakers)
N87 18" painted alloy are the standard wheels

·
Registered
802 Posts
RokketRide said:
Those are all additional options.
U1C is the standard radio (AM/FM, CD, 6 speakers)
N87 18" painted alloy are the standard wheels
Hey there RokketRide
Did you know that a Sky will be in the area this weekend? Not in Santa Monica though:

12/8 Saturn of Santa Ana
12/9-12/10 Saturn of Cerritos
12/11 Wilson Park, Torrance 2200 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance (Christmas Boutique) 9am-4pm
12/12-12/15 Saturn of Riverside
12/16-12/18 Valencia, Town Center Mall

ElDeeko

·
Registered
43 Posts
Top and Color option RPOs

If possible, could someone post the top and color option RPOs? With this and the above, all the info. would be available to spec. out your own.. or double check what the dealer orders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interior:
Black Cloth - 19B
Black Leather - 192
Tan Leather - 312
Red Leather - 025

Black Top - 19T
Tan Top - 60T

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I first lusted after this car, I was set on the Chili Pepper Red with Red/Black interior. Then I heard the red dash was out. Then I heard the red accents on the steering wheel were out. Now I'm hearing the red seat and door inserts are out (if you want Chili Pepper outside). I'm left with the choice of an all black interior or an all tan interior. Has anybody seen the Red Exterior/Tan Interior combination?

If I even begin to think about tan interior, suddenly the top color comes into play.

Any advice????

·
Registered
820 Posts
SATN SKY said:
When I first lusted after this car, I was set on the Chili Pepper Red with Red/Black interior. Then I heard the red dash was out. Then I heard the red accents on the steering wheel were out. Now I'm hearing the red seat and door inserts are out (if you want Chili Pepper outside). I'm left with the choice of an all black interior or an all tan interior. Has anybody seen the Red Exterior/Tan Interior combination?

If I even begin to think about tan interior, suddenly the top color comes into play.

Any advice????
Maybe I am a traditionalist, but I think if you want red, the best combo based on the options at offered is the red with black interior. I think the tan is only accents like the red is. Even with a tan top (which you will only see when it is up) this will probably not look right. If you want, wait for pics, but I bet the black letter will still look hot. Keep in mind though, I don't like the silver windshield surround, so I am getting silver pearl with black interior. I think red woudl be hotter without the silver windshield surround.

GO WITH ALL BLACK INTERIOR!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My Sky

Exterior
72U - Bluestone
60T - Tan Top
PD5 Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) chrome alloy

Mechanical
MX0 Transmission 5-speed automatic - Interim availability.
G80 Differential, limited slip rear

Interior
312 - Tan Leather
PCH - Premium Trim Package, includes (IP2) leather seat inserts, (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls, (B70) metallic finish sill plates and (JF5) stainless steel pedal covers

Sound
US9 - Audio system, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock. Includes (UQ3) Monsoon premium speaker system
U2K - XM Satellite Radio, features 67 channels of 100% commercial-free music included in its over 150 channels of the best in music, news, sports, talk, comedy, XM Instant Traffic and Weather and more. Digital quality sound with coast-to-coast signal coverage. 3 trial months - no obligation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Midnight Blue and Bluestone, what is the difference? What other cars are these colors used on? :confused:

·
Registered
357 Posts
ILVMYGT said:
Midnight Blue and Bluestone, what is the difference? What other cars are these colors used on? :confused:
25U - Midnight Blue - is used currently on the 2006 GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado, Caddy Escalade & DTS, and the Buick Lucerne & Terazza. It's definitely choice #1 for me.

72U -Bluestone - confuses me now. I thought it was code 46U - Slatestone (Buick), Stealth Gray (Pontiac/GMC), Blue Granite Metallic (Chevy). So I don't know what it's used on, and I'd like to find out as it was one of the colors I was interested in. Anyone know what GM vehicle currently uses 72U?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd love to find out what the D52 Spoiler, rear looks like!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm getting mixed stories from different Saturn reps. Maybe someone can clear things up. I dig the silver exterior with the black & red leather interior they show in the brochures.

My local rep is telling me that red leather is no longer an option. That because of glare they're only offering black leather. True or False?

I'm also reading from some forums that the residual value on the Sky will be so bad that leasing would be a bad move. That something like 50% depreciation will occur withing the first 3 years. :willy: Now I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pontiac go like that. Anyone know a way to figure the Sky, or Saturn cars in general?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nemesis said:
If you like sitting in an oven on hot days!!!

I had a red stang vert with tan guts and black top, it looked great and was comfortable in the sunshine. A great combo IMHO.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
GMguy74 said:
25U - Midnight Blue - is used currently on the 2006 GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado, Caddy Escalade & DTS, and the Buick Lucerne & Terazza. It's definitely choice #1 for me.

72U -Bluestone - confuses me now. I thought it was code 46U - Slatestone (Buick), Stealth Gray (Pontiac/GMC), Blue Granite Metallic (Chevy). So I don't know what it's used on, and I'd like to find out as it was one of the colors I was interested in. Anyone know what GM vehicle currently uses 72U?
It maybe possible that it is a new color since it won't be available until mid year

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nemesis said:
Maybe I am a traditionalist, but I think if you want red, the best combo based on the options at offered is the red with black interior. I think the tan is only accents like the red is. Even with a tan top (which you will only see when it is up) this will probably not look right. If you want, wait for pics, but I bet the black letter will still look hot. Keep in mind though, I don't like the silver windshield surround, so I am getting silver pearl with black interior. I think red woudl be hotter without the silver windshield surround.

Actually, I met with my dealer yesterday and pondered the choices. In the end, I went with the Chili Pepper exterior and the all black leather interior. DONE.

I gave him a clear and concise list of colors and options so he can place the actual build order the moment Saturn allows it.

Thanks for your input. Glad we see things the same way.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts