Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These items are also for sale on eBay, but they are cheaper if you buy "direct" as a forum member. We avoid eBay fees here and I am also giving my Sky family a little break on the price.

OEM Radio Face Refreshing Kit. Tested and is in great condition. Solves button & dial illumination and display failures keeping your radio "stock" orange. Also fixes many technical problems.
"SOLD"

Steering Wheel Airbag, medallion stripped & polished
$70 cash & carry sale, add $15 for shipping
PayPal $85 to [email protected] and I will have it promptly shipped.

·
Registered
2008 Sky Red Line
435 Posts
How did you get the air bags out of the steering wheel without them blowing up? I have a damaged logo also but have been scared to death to touch the thing in fear of setting it off.
I can't speak for @rjgramps, but the method involves disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery and then letting the car sit for at least 20 minutes to fully discharge any residual charge. The airbag is held in with some springs. Here is a decent YouTube video on how to remove the steering wheel (includes airbag) on a C6 Corvette, which uses our same steering wheel so it's the same basic procedure.

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
58 Posts
I can't speak for @rjgramps, but the method involves disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery and then letting the car sit for at least 20 minutes to fully discharge any residual charge. The airbag is held in with some springs. Here is a decent YouTube video on how to remove the steering wheel (includes airbag) on a C6 Corvette, which uses our same steering wheel so it's the same basic procedure.

Thank you. Maybe I'll attempt it next winter.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know you said no shipping, however, if you could fold the trunk carpet for the Sky I'd pay to ship.
Hi BadMojo,

Provide your zipcode and I will provide a cost of shipping. I will try my best to "compact" it to keep the cost of shipping down for you. It weighs next to nothing. "Bulk" will be the determining factor.

The carpet I have for sale has two serious wear marks (one worn to the core material) from the convertible top which is why it is so cheap. I was going to add round slippery vinyl patches adhered over the worn areas but decided to replace the carpet.

When I got the second-hand replacement carpet and installed it, I noticed some strange large light streaks in the carpet that I could not remove. They were not gaudy but they still bothered me so I ordered a brand new carpet over the winter, paying big money for it. But a strange thing happened over the winter. Those streaks disappeared. I hastily bought a brand new carpet for a pile of cash. If only I had waited until spring. My point here is that I am going to put up for sale, a much better carpet very soon. If you don't live too far away, shipping will be reasonable. I will post pictures and set a $70 price sometime this week. Shipping will be extra, hopefully not too expensive.

·
Registered
2008 Sky Red Line
435 Posts
I've been eyeballing your tulip panel. I can't quite tell from the shot what condition it is in though. My current one is flawless other than a chip next to the passengers tulip door opening where I boneheadedly dropped a ratchet while I was working. Touch up paint hides it for the most part, but it's still there. I'm nowhere close to pick it up so if you're open to shipping it, it would be my only option.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been eyeballing your tulip panel. I can't quite tell from the shot what condition it is in though.
Mine is flawed as shown. I refuse to ship this original one because it is so very delicate of a piece, and it is also best if the seller examines it closely to know what he is buying. I have it for sale "very" cheap (too cheap), ideal for someone with severe damage on theirs that has decent doors that work.

In January 2020, I bought a brand new one on eBay for $350 that arrived with a small crack in it, then bought a second new one from the same seller. The first new one, the seller refunded me $250 to keep it rather than return-ship it. I used it for trading purposes with HoosierGXP.

The one I am selling here is the original Tulip that came with our Sky. The tulip doors with all the hardware were traded separately to HoosierGXP. There were too many cosmetic issues, most especially with the doors, that it seemed best to just replace everything for $350. It was one of my best investments made into the car.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Did you sell the radio parts? If not, send me an invoice on PayPal and I'll see it after work today and send you the money. I'll also try and check back here, I don't always see notices.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
You have PayPal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts