Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any and all photos are appreciated. But I don't know how many will agree, but the quality or lighting is so inconsistent that a color that looked like the one to get you start second guessing. Bluestone, I saw pictures with that listed as the color loved those pictures chose the color later found out wronge color listed and just weird lighting make the true color of the car hard to tell. I started comparing all the colors again. For example only certain cars can pull off a yellow this is one of them. I have never been able to picture myself owning a yellow car just because it's so bold it's almost to bold but some photo's I've seen have changed my mind. Then again, wouldn't it be great to compare like photo's. For example a standard set of shots.
1 Front end
2 right side
3 left side
4 rear end
But strait on no angles which create blurs and other nuances that distort the color.
5 spoiler shot
If possible front and side view not to far back to see but not so close to noty get the effect. And a bonus side by side comparison without. I can't decide is more beautiful with or without

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My gallery has shots of silver graphite but they are all angle shots. I have some straight on shots around here someplace and I'll post 'em as soon as I find 'em - I hope.

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Originally I ordered Bluestone 'cause the chip at the dealership made it look really good, almost the color of an antique shotgun. Then people started posting pics of it on the forum. Like you said, with all the different lighting conditions it was hard to tell exactly what it was going to be like in real life, however some of the shots made it look, how do I put this, somewhat effeminate. Changed to Midnight. May regret it after I see a Bluestone in person, but know I'll like the Midnight.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am thinking that the color you are seeing in the pics is pretty accurate. Cameras and computers these days make 'close to' colors.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am thinking that the color you are seeing in the pics is pretty accurate. Cameras and computers these days make 'close to' colors.
You'd be amazed at how one monitor displays a color compared to another. Digital monitors are better but most people are running analog. And even with an excellent camera, lighting makes all the difference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you are happy with your comparison photos thats great. But their's more than just me out there who's seen several good/ok as well as really bad which picture do you trust when buying a car sight unseen. Don't forget you will be waiting many months to see if you are right. There aren't enough cars around to compare in person. My name implies the color I want not sure anymore. either the color is one of a kind or it's soft and sweet baby blue. No offense to those who want it for the later reason. But this car can't help but stand out I think the color should to. Each person has their own oppinion of what is "the color"

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
keferno, you are right moniters are a big factor. But aren't the origonal photo a factor to
With digital pictures, the shades and nuances are so mixed. I have not found ONE picture of a Yellow Sky that looks like the one parked in my garage. That includes picture I have taken!
Now, they are close and "near enough" but not exact. And if I print it out -- Another different picture!:willy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I can't make up mind based on photos alone I'm taking a 4 hr (I hope) ride to delaware.
yellow or red?
All but one of my cars have been red the other midnight blue. So is it time for a change (no red ) or maybe another midnightblue or go for the flash yellow or, the bluestone or dark grey or even green. Iv'e seen pictures that keep all these cars as choices. Think of the analagy. like a kid in a candy store

·
Registered
366 Posts
My top 3 choices are black, silver and yellow. The first 2 don't fit your needs but thet latter certainly does. The yellow SKYs are sharp. But good idea to go take a look. Also, have a dealer send you a brochure. Colors in those are pretty true to actual color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts