Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sky Pics from LA Auto Show (Solstice too)

6K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Fformula88 
#1 ·
here are some pictures taken by a member of redlineforums.com at the LA auto show, some nice shots of the sky, some other cars in here as well, enjoy

click here

#2 ·
Someone needs to give that guy a good smacking. He called the Solstice a "cheap ugly rip offs of the Sky."

The pictures are nice, but he needs to get his facts right first before he starts attacking stuff.

#8 ·
Fformula88 said:
Immaturity, and lack of any kind of real knowledge on the subject. He can hate all he wants. Doesn’t bother me one bit so long as he doesn’t show up here to troll!
Fformula88 I am not picking on you, please, I want to remind everyone that this forum has been a pretty clean one, lets not start a smutt fight and turn this forum into a mud sleadging(spelling) free for all. I know the passion you all feel for the Solstice, and at the same time those that feel the same about the SKY, but please guys/gals lets have a lively discussion but please none of the other stuff.
Remember, bad manners and all, I am glad he took all those great pictures of the SKY, to bad he did not do the same for the Solstice:cheers

#9 ·
These images did prive one good thing though. It shows the Sky has the rubber parts at the top of the windshield too. However they're masked much better then the Solstice images we've seen by having larger upper rubber mounts.

I've included the images I think best shows them.

#12 ·
I have a hard time believing that the Sky and Solstice are going to have different tops. Therfore I think that the rubber joining bits at the top of the windshield frame will no doubt be the same for both cars. IMO the difference between the Sky and Solstice shown at the show can be explained by the fact that the Sky is no doubt a newer build, and so more refined. I bet the Solstice will get this refinement as well. :cheers

#13 ·
Ok, who is going to the NAIAS on Saturday (first day it opens)? From the pics I have seen of the black Solstice at the NAIAS, it looks like it may have the same design as these sky pics, and not the larger winglets we have seen in the past. Its difficult to tell from the pics I have seen so far, as they are not closeups and are not of high enough resolution to blow up and have a good look. However, I have a feeling it may be the same. It doesn't seem to be as pronounced to me.

We need some high res picks of that black Solstice!

#14 ·
brentil said:
Someone needs to give that guy a good smacking. He called the Solstice a "cheap ugly rip offs of the Sky."

The pictures are nice, but he needs to get his facts right first before he starts attacking stuff.
Definately! If anything the Sky is a rip off of the Solstice, and neither are ugly. This is guy who bought an Ion telling us about style??!!

#15 ·
LatinVenom said:
Fformula88 I am not picking on you, please, I want to remind everyone that this forum has been a pretty clean one, lets not start a smutt fight and turn this forum into a mud sleadging(spelling) free for all. I know the passion you all feel for the Solstice, and at the same time those that feel the same about the SKY, but please guys/gals lets have a lively discussion but please none of the other stuff.
Remember, bad manners and all, I am glad he took all those great pictures of the SKY, to bad he did not do the same for the Solstice:cheers
Sorry to offend. :cheers Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just wish some people would allow themselves the opportunity to become more knowledgeable on some subjects before expressing opinion sometimes. You are right that we do not want to start flame wars. Point taken. :cheers

#19 ·
Fformula88 said:
Sorry to offend. :cheers Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just wish some people would allow themselves the opportunity to become more knowledgeable on some subjects before expressing opinion sometimes. You are right that we do not want to start flame wars. Point taken. :cheers
But can we put flames on our cars :jester

#20 ·
Chip said:
Folks I am becoming very fond of the Sky...Don't hate me if I jump the Solstice ship. :lol
Oh, thats quite alright! Nobody has shown any hate towards Rodeo for picking up a Mazdaspeed Miata, so I do not think anyone will take issue with someone buying a Sky! :thumbs

airbalancer, I am sure nobody would get upset if you put flames on your car! :lol

#26 ·
Fformula88 said:
Ok, who is going to the NAIAS on Saturday (first day it opens)? From the pics I have seen of the black Solstice at the NAIAS, it looks like it may have the same design as these sky pics, and not the larger winglets we have seen in the past. Its difficult to tell from the pics I have seen so far, as they are not closeups and are not of high enough resolution to blow up and have a good look. However, I have a feeling it may be the same. It doesn't seem to be as pronounced to me.

We need some high res picks of that black Solstice!
Unless we get a ton more snow dumped on us I should be making the 5-6 hour trek up there. I'll have my father-in-law's digital camera so I'll be taking as many pictures as I can fit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.