Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Yup, be advised that if you have not picked your Sky up yet you will be paying more to drive it off the lot. Even though we had an order with the numbers (costs), the sticker from the factory came in with different numbers--$505.00 more to be exact. We complained and we heee-hawed--but they did not budge. We said "that is just not right!!" They apoligized "I'm so sorry but there is nothing we can do".

Keep in mind that the "purchase order" is NOT a contract, its just a PO. Heck if you think about it they can cancell it, return my deposit and your screwed. Also keep in mind, if i would of walked away, that car would of been sold before they shut the lights off that night. They don't care since they can't get enough of these babies as it is.

Well needless to say, I had already did the financing, (check in hand), put the car under my insurance, had waited 6 weeks for it, mama was chomping at the bit to get it, we just ate the costs.

I guess we should be grateful, after all ,we inherited this beautiful car from a dude who cancelled his order for it after waitng 2 months. We sorta lucked out also because it had everything we wanted to order and some..Sooo I just thought I should share this tidbit since I picked my baby up this past Wednesday--Be prepared!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Whoa horse, try a document from corporate.

You may want to go back and ask them about this corporate Program Number:

Quote:
1. PROGRAM NUMBER/NAME/TEMPLATE TYPE:
CORPORATE PROGRAM NUMBER: 06-20
CORPORATE PROGRAM NAME: 2006 MODEL YEAR GM PRICE PROTECTION
PROGRAM

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS AND LIGHT
DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING THOSE
ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:
-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE
DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH,
CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).
-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.
-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT.

·
Registered
316 Posts
:agree: :agree:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting post, thanks for the info, but it says 2006. My Sky is a 2007 version, do you think it still applies? And do you know if the policy is still in effect?? Thanks for any info--I am going back to the dealer on Monday, so if still valid, a print out WILL be coming with me--Thanks again!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
My dealers owner said the car would be price protected.:thumbs:
He told me this when he called to confirm my order & options. Woo Hoo!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
StarlightSky said:
You may want to go back and ask them about this corporate Program Number:

Quote:
1. PROGRAM NUMBER/NAME/TEMPLATE TYPE:
CORPORATE PROGRAM NUMBER: 06-20
CORPORATE PROGRAM NAME: 2006 MODEL YEAR GM PRICE PROTECTION
PROGRAM

2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS AND LIGHT
DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING THOSE
ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:
-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE
DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH,
CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).
-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.
-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT.

But when if the dealer didn't put in a preliminary order ?? No price protection I would think. That's why it is important for your dealership to put in a preliminaery order.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
MidniteBlues said:
Interesting post, thanks for the info, but it says 2006. My Sky is a 2007 version, do you think it still applies? And do you know if the policy is still in effect?? Thanks for any info--I am going back to the dealer on Monday, so if still valid, a print out WILL be coming with me--Thanks again!!
Yes ! This has been the policy for quite some time and still is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My sticker was $505 higher than the price my dealer told me when I ordered it, but I was charge the lower price. The $505 increase was not even brought up.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Hipsky said:
My sticker was $505 higher than the price my dealer told me when I ordered it, but I was charge the lower price. The $505 increase was not even brought up.
Thats how it should be. You have a good dealership.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I asked about price protection when I order my Redline and I was told that the ORIGINAL order price would be the delivered price.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks to deluke for this one

I want to thank and credit deluke for this one. It came as an original post awhile back. I just happend to save it 'cause I am not dealing with a very good dealership.

·
Registered
153 Posts
snaponbob said:
I asked about price protection when I order my Redline and I was told that the ORIGINAL order price would be the delivered price.

My dealer told me up front that if the sticker price was higher that I would have to pay it. :eek: Think I'll stop by and mention "Price Protection" and see what his take is on that. Thanks to all for the info. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
BLUERIDGE SKY said:
My dealer told me up front that if the sticker price was higher that I would have to pay it. :eek: Think I'll stop by and mention "Price Protection" and see what his take is on that. Thanks to all for the info. :thumbs:
I hope you got everything in writing. MSRP if that's what you agreed to and NO dealer add on's unless you agreed to it. Your Dealership sounds like they would be the type of Dealership that would put 4,000.00 of add on's and you won't know untill you go to pick up your car.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ykS said:
hate to burst any bubbles, but your dealer may respond with "you did not order the car".
Your not bursting my bubble, I have a GXP priorty order #1 at MSRP at my Dealership, in Writing. But you may be bursting you own.

That is true if you have a crappy dealership he can say this!! And at that point you should know he was planning on charging you more and tell him where he can shove his car. So you move on to a respectable dealership or stay where you are and get 4,000.00 of extras added or you pay a premium of 3,000/5,000 ( maybe even 8,000 on the Red Line. ) or Both. But it's your choice.

But if you stay don't whine later on how your Dealer burnt you because you made the choice. There are alot of good Dealerships out there but you have to find them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My dealer told me outright that they go by what's on the "sticker" when the car is delivered to the dealership. (This should be interesting) According to Saturn's website when you go to "build your own Sky" the prices are shown there and should hopefully be the same reflected on the "sticker". Did the sticker show what that $505 increase was???? :banghead: :confused:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
My dealer told me that I would be responsible for a MSRP increase but not a local increase. He also said that if the price increased and I did not want the car then they would refund my $500.00. This is on a R/L.
You shouldn't be responsible for a MSRP increase if he put your order in, this is price protected. You can call GM or Staurn on this and you will get your money back.

But good your deposit is refundable.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ykS said:
hate to burst any bubbles, but your dealer may respond with "you did not order the car".
Very true. Plus I inherited/took over the original order. Once that happened IT IS my order from then on. The question then is, "When did the price hike take effect? What date? I then can see if it took effect "Before OR After my take over date. That date then becomes MY order. At this point I already paid BUT $505 bucks can fuel this baby with premium for awhile to come--It certainly does not hurt to try. What bugs me right now is that I threw away that dang original paper..:mad:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts