Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EFFECTIVE TODAY 8/28/06

SKY pricing just went up $1,000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

$25,195 SKY Roadster
$28,895 SKY RedLine

Attached is the new Price list... :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

P.S.: Remember that if your name is already attached to a preliminary order, you are price protected!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Spy,

Just got a call that my order was accepted today (at 2:30 PM). Put deposit down in May...will I have to pay the increase? Would like to know what you think before I talk to the Dealer.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Build your own price

The saturn.com website still shows the old price under Build Your Own - at least as of 3:35 pm eastern time on 8/28.

I wonder if that reflects the addition of things like power seat height adjuster and maybe other changes we do not know about yet - but perhaps if all it includes is corrections to all the identified problems so far that migth be a good thing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Spy, Is this in effect immediately?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well that just sucks, I just may be getting the sti I wanted after all if it goes up like this by the time I order

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are price protected. If you have a signed order from a dealer, that is the price you will pay. That is a contract.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think you are only price protected if your order is in the Saturn system.

A Deposit with the Dealer is not enough. I was not price protected the first price increase in June. If I'm stuck with ANOTHER increase after dropping $1K deposit in May--I'll never buy another GM product again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess if you are just on the "list" then your kinda screwed huh?
Is it a policy that the dealership has to give your deposit back?
Isnt this a little crazy? Even Honda doesnt do this (at least they havent from the last five i've owned)
Just curious
thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
My dealer will give the deposit back up until the point of the order being imaged.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Went to my dealership on Saturday to see what the status was on my order for the R/L....To date GM hasn't contacted my dealership for any R/L orders...I an still # 3 on the list. My salesman told me that I'm in the "system", all my information was put in the day I ordered and left a deposit.....He said something about GM looking at all the information that dealers are entering into the "system" and then notifing them if they have a matching order. The Dealership is now telling me to expect delivery around Dec or Jan.
My salesman also mentioned to me about the $506 increase on the base Sky...he said that another customer thought he was charging them for delivery twice when in fact it was the price increase. The dealership did not honor the original contract, the customer had to pay the increase. He said they go by the price on the sticker when the car is delivered. So the fact that I have a receipt for ordering a Sky R/L with a MSRP of $27,895 isn't going to make a stitch of difference because my order wasn't submitted to GM for production????? According to him, once again, it's what's on the sticker when the car is delivered. Can this be right? If that's the case GM can go hog wild with a price increase and chance losing lots of customers or making lots of additional money....it just doesn't seem right. My so called contract that I signed in the beginning of August should hold some ground....$1000 is a lot of money for a price increase!:banghead:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I picked up my ordered Sky last Fri. (ordered on 4/4) When Saturn announced the $505 increase I called and asked if I had to pay it. My salesman told me I was price protected. Sure nuf, I paid the old price, the sticker had the new price & I even made changes to my options before the car was "imaged".
Must be every dealer is doing what they want.:nono:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
SKY pricing just went up $1,000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

$25,195 SKY Roadster
$28,895 SKY RedLine

Attached is the new Price list... :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

P.S.: Remember that if your name is already attached to a preliminary order, you are price protected!!!
I posted earlier the Solstice went up in price as of 8/28 and I figured the Sky would also.

To bad for the people who's dealer didn't get a preliminary order for the price protection.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Howdy folks,

Here is another thread regarding this issue:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7290

In it some in the know posted "what the rules are" as far as what they can charge you and who is price protected.. In my case since I took over an order a guy cancelled on, I had to pay the extra $505, which was, "what the sticker said"--I paid and I was not happy about it, but I wanted the car and due to my circumstances (sticker price) and the fact that "I was not the original guy who ordered it" I had to pay if I wanted it. I will not make a big deal over it--And after taking possession of the car, I have already blown it off and moving on with my life--:D The thread will give you my story and what happened. It's either take it or leave it--I took it--
MB

·
Registered
173 Posts
So what exactly is the definition of a prelimary order?? An order that has been given to GM for production or an order that has been entered into the "system" but not yet picked up by GM for production????

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Just to besure I understand ... what is a "Preliminary Order"?

Deposit at dealers ... that is certianly preliminary!
or
Dealer getting green light to submit to GM's buld list? :confused:

==========**===========

This game that the dealer takes money ....

Dealer holds money for months interest free .....

GM tells Regional Mgr to hold off contacting dealers .....

GM increases sells price on cars not submitted to them to build .....

Regional Mgr finally contacts dealer to submit what and how many ....

Customer self pressured to pay more for a hot car .....

WHAT A COUNTRY!! :patriot:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Get, thats just about right sadly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This kills me. I guess I'll be out of the Sky market unless my dealer can deliver some good news to me on pricing. I guess the demand is high enough for them not to worry about chasing off customers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This kills me. I guess I'll be out of the Sky market unless my dealer can deliver some good news to me on pricing. I guess the demand is high enough for them not to worry about chasing off customers.
......and that STINKS!:mad:
What about GM's longstanding customers??? I might just turn around and tell them to keep it....just on principle alone. I can certainly live without a Sky and I'm sure many of you could too.
Does anyone know of an email address to GM so we can let them know how we feel?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Went to my dealership on Saturday to see what the status was on my order for the R/L....To date GM hasn't contacted my dealership for any R/L orders...I an still # 3 on the list. My salesman told me that I'm in the "system", all my information was put in the day I ordered and left a deposit.....He said something about GM looking at all the information that dealers are entering into the "system" and then notifing them if they have a matching order. The Dealership is now telling me to expect delivery around Dec or Jan.
My salesman also mentioned to me about the $506 increase on the base Sky...he said that another customer thought he was charging them for delivery twice when in fact it was the price increase. The dealership did not honor the original contract, the customer had to pay the increase. He said they go by the price on the sticker when the car is delivered. So the fact that I have a receipt for ordering a Sky R/L with a MSRP of $27,895 isn't going to make a stitch of difference because my order wasn't submitted to GM for production????? According to him, once again, it's what's on the sticker when the car is delivered. Can this be right? If that's the case GM can go hog wild with a price increase and chance losing lots of customers or making lots of additional money....it just doesn't seem right. My so called contract that I signed in the beginning of August should hold some ground....$1000 is a lot of money for a price increase!:banghead:
Your all set, your price protected your preliminary order is in. Do you remember the code I gave you ? This shows your order is in.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I guess if you are just on the "list" then your kinda screwed huh?
Is it a policy that the dealership has to give your deposit back?
Isnt this a little crazy? Even Honda doesnt do this (at least they havent from the last five i've owned)
Just curious
thanks
Not so it is still possible. Please see below :

INFORMATIONAL POST ABOUT PRICE INCREASE AND PRICE PROTECTION PROCEDURES. NO REPLIES ABOUT IF THE INCREASE WAS NEEDED PLEASE. JUST PROCEDURE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU

PRINT - CUT AND SAVE FOR DELIVERY TIME

Pontiac announced a price increase today, that includes the Solstice and Solstice GXP. The price increase is $1,000 to the base MSRP of each model.

I have put together this information. If it sounds familiar to some, it is because I took much of it from posts I made after the December 2005 price increase.

Quote:
Subject: 2007 Pontiac Interim Price Change Effective 8/28/2006

Pontiac will announce revised 2007 model year Suggested Retail prices effective with vehicles produced on or after August 28, 2006. The revised Suggested Retail prices will affect the Solstice, Solstice GXP, Vibe, G6, Grand Prix and Torrent. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GM Dealerworld under Sales &/Or F&I Tabs effective August 28, 2006.

All qualified bona fide sold retail orders entered in VOMS on or before August 27,2006 and delivered to the original customer after that date will be price protected. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production; however, the dealer open account will automatically be credited for the price increase once the unit has been delivered.

Here is some of the Price Protection Guidelines. When they use the term "Model Year" it is a calendar reference not a production year reference. These types of programs run the duration of a "Model Year" on the calendar, October 1st to September 30th. You will see this program expires September 30, 2006. Somtime before that point, it should be replaced by program 07-20, which will be for the 2007 "Model Year" and run October 1, 2006 to September 30, 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM 06-20-1 (edited by Small Dealer)

Program Number: 06-20-1
Program Name: CORPORATE PROGRAM 2006 MY GM PRICE PROTECTION PROGRAM

2. Program Description:

THIS IS A REVISION TO AND A REPLACEMENT OF PROGRAM NUMBER 06-20
(ADMIN MESSAGE NUMBER BAI20051519). SATURN DIVISION IS BEING ADDED
TO THESE GUIDELINES. CHANGES ARE INDICATED WITH A POUND (#) SIGN.
ALL OTHER GUIDELINES REMAINED UNCHANGED.

A PRICE PROTECTION CREDIT IS ISSUED TO CUSTOMERS FOR ELIGIBLE GM CARS
AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS AFFECTED BY AN INTERIM PRICE INCREASE, EXCLUDING
THOSE ITEMS REFERENCED IN THE VEHICLE TERMS OF SALE BULLETIN.

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTES:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE PRICE INCREASE EFFECTIVE
DATE (I.E., IF PRICE INCREASE DATE IS ON THE 2ND OF THE MONTH,
CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE NO LATER THAN THE 1ST OF THE MONTH).

-THE PRODUCTION DATE OF THE VEHICLE MUST BE ON OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE
DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

-THE VEHICLE MUST BE DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED THE UNIT
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER DEALER RECEIPT.

3. Program time period:

# APRIL 17, 2006 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2006 (DELIVERED)

4. Eligible models/required options/order types and allowances:

ELIGIBLE MODELS:
REFER TO DIVISIONAL PRICE INCREASE NOTIFICATION.

5. Method of application/incentive code/ final date for submission of applications and resolution of rejects:

METHOD OF APPLICATION:

- AUTOMATIC VIA ORDER RECORD ('DLVY TO' INFORMATION MUST EXACTLY
MATCH THE 'ORDER BY' INFORMATION.)

- CUSTOMER NAME IS REQUIRED ON ALL SOLD ORDERS.

NOTE: IF CREDIT HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF THE
REPORTED VEHICLE DELIVERY DATE, CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X. AT THAT
TIME, THE DEALER BUSINESS CENTER WILL DETERMINE IF ADDITIONAL
INFORMATION IS REQUIRED. IF NECESSARY, THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
WILL BE REQUESTED FOR VERIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY:

- COMPLETED ICR FORM REFERENCING INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT'

- SIGNED AND DATED COPY OF THE CUSTOMER PURCHASE ORDER
INCLUDING PRICES

- SIGNED AND DATED COPY OF THE CUSTOMER BILL OF SALE/LEASE
AGREEMENT

9. Other Program Guidelines:

A). PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND
DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE.

-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

B). OPEN ACCOUNT CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED AUTOMATICALLY BY DEALER
ACCOUNTING FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF A SOLD ORDER IF PROGRAM
PARAMETERS ARE MET, I.E., ELIGIBLE ORDER DATE/TYPE/MODEL/OPTION
CONTENT, ORDERING/DELIVERING NAME MATCH, ETC.

C). DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE ON ORDERS THAT ARE PRICE
PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE (FLEET WITH FVX/VQ, ETC.). ORDERS
ENTERED MORE THAN ONE CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE WILL GENERATE INVOICES AT AN INCREASED PRICE LEVEL. PRICE
PROTECTION, WHERE APPROPRIATE, CAN BE REQUESTED ON THESE ORDERS
ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN GUIDELINE 5.

E). IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X.

F). A DEALER SHOULD REQUEST A CHARGEBACK OF ANY MONEYS PAID AUTOMATICALLY
THAT ARE NOT DUE BY COMPLETING AN INCENTIVE INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
(ICR). THE VIN AND INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT' SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH AN
EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION.

H). UNLESS A VEHICLE IS PRICE PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE, THE DIVISION
REQUIRES THAT THE VEHICLE BE DELIVERED PRIOR TO PAYMENT OF PRICE
PROTECTION.

I). PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

J). DEALERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF ALL PRICE
PROTECTION CREDITS.

K). DELIVERY DATA MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO PAYMENT.

Keep in mind that the procedures I have refered to are just for automatic price protection payment to the dealership (so they can pass it on to the buyer). Price protection can still be obtained in certain cases through an application process.

Based on the price protection guidelines, that have I been posting from, there are actually two types of price protection, "automatic" and "work hard at it".

Automatic has several requirements. The sold ordered must be taken before the price increase takes effect. The order must be placed in VOMS within a day of the price increase. It must be entered as a retail sold order with a buyers name and address. The car must be delivered as soon as possible. It must be delivered in the name and address of the buyer as listed on the order in VOMS. If all these take place then the dealership will automatically received credit for the increase in price from GM/Pontiac.

Work hard at it would be any situation that dosen't meet all the requirements for automatic. Because it is applied for manually, it requires more paperwork and it has to be completed correctly. There must be a buyers agreement with prices executed before the price increase date. The car must be delivered/sold at the old price. The buyers agreement/incentive acknowledgment must list the price protection. All that is submitted along with a special form to GM for consideration.

Now last year some site members ran into this situation with price protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Dealer
I have thought of a situation where a dealership may believe that a otherwise qualified buyer should not get the benefit of price protection. If the sales agreement is for "MSRP" or "Sticker" but not a dollar amount. The dealership could feel that they are deserving of the new higher "MSRP" or "Sticker" price, since a dollar value was not promised.

In this case if ordered properly, the dealership will be receiving reinbursement for the price increase. So in effect they will be getting more then that said they would be willing to take for the sale.

Anyone in this situation should just tell the dealership that they know they are receiving the money and that it should be passed to you in the form of the lower older MSRP.

To make sure that you are price protected you will need at minimum:
1) A signed Purchase Agreement dated bfore the price increase and listing the old price.
2) The car delivered at the old price.
3) Signed Bill-of-Sale showing delivery at the old price.
4) Signed Incentive Acknowledgement form listing Price Protect as being recieved.
5) Signed Odometer Statement for the date of delivery.

It would help if there was Autobook print outs with the order information and pricing, dated before the increase. If the order was correctly in VOMS or Dealer Workbench as a Retail Sold order before the increase. If the car is delivered to the same name and address that it was ordered in.

Salespeople usually have not had to deal with a price protection situation, so buyers will have to go higher up to make sure they are protected.

Also, try to make a point of talking with your dealerships before the car arrives, so everything can be worked out and the paperwork can be prepared properly.

INFORMATIONAL POST ABOUT PRICE INCREASE AND PRICE PROTECTION PROCEDURES. NO REPLIES ABOUT IF THE INCREASE WAS NEEDED PLEASE. JUST PROCEDURE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU

1 - 20 of 79 Posts