Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kelly Blue Book has Solstice Pricing (w/ options up) online at http://www.kbb.com. A fully loaded Solstice (all options), is $25K MSRP and slightly over $23K Invoice. Hope the Sky pricing doesn't go too much higher than that. This is not looking good for the GT and Redline versions price wise; I would imagine at least a $2k markup for the premium engine and at least a $1K markup on the Sky over the Solstice, to bring a Sky Redline to about $28K MSRP. I guess we will all see the final pricing this January.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Kelly Blue Book has Solstice Pricing (w/ options up) online at http://www.kbb.com. A fully loaded Solstice (all options), is $25K MSRP and slightly over $23K Invoice. Hope the Sky pricing doesn't go too much higher than that. This is not looking good for the GT and Redline versions price wise; I would imagine at least a $2k markup for the premium engine and at least a $1K markup on the Sky over the Solstice, to bring a Sky Redline to about $28K MSRP. I guess we will all see the final pricing this January.
How much would you estimate the base Sky will be over the base Solstice... I took the base solstice and added all the options that are standard on the Sky, and with two options i wanted and the solstice had a MSRP was $22,635
assuming a Sky being a Saturn Commands a $2000 increase that would put the Sky I want at $24,635
i don;t think it will be more that $2000 over the Solstice do you?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I did the price numbers a while back already;
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18039&postcount=20

The Sky is a Solstice with the following options standard that we know of.

Base Solstice: -----------$19,995
ABS: --------------------$400
AC: ---------------------$960
Power Package: ---------$625
Convenience Package: ---$465
Estimate: ---------------$22,445

With those items alone we're at $22,445 for the options we know it has at least. There's supposedly a "Saturn" markup for being upscale, I'll hazard $500. So we're at $23k base Sky price. There are other options it might come with too, maybe floor mats, polished rims, options the Solstice doesn't have, etc.

·
Registered
554 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
The Redline should come in just under $29k. Almost every option is standard on the Redline except XM, MP3 player, and Monsoon Package. You do get the body accents, spoiler, dual exhaust, turbo motor, and interior appointments. Can't say more at this time.

Can tell you that the BMW Z4 and Honda S2000 are the vehicles being targeted by the Redline and GXP. Both BMW and Honda will up the ante in their 2007 models with increase HP to play catch up GM's kappa cars. Interestingly, Porsche feels no pressure to follow suit and will leave Boxster as is for the next 2 years. The new Porsche Cayman S will be their new hot seller and attention will be on its success.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wonder if they will add a turbo the the s2000 to increase it... The've got the thing tweaked as is.

And the Z4, I've never been a fan, Always loved the name plate, but hated that model.

Oh well.. It will get interesting when the RL/GPX comes out and theres actual competition from the american segment in roadsters. (not to dismiss the cadi or vette, but apples to steaks comparisons)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
sky_vue said:
I wonder if they will add a turbo the the s2000 to increase it... The've got the thing tweaked as is.

And the Z4, I've never been a fan, Always loved the name plate, but hated that model.

Oh well.. It will get interesting when the RL/GPX comes out and theres actual competition from the american segment in roadsters. (not to dismiss the cadi or vette, but apples to steaks comparisons)
I liked the Z3 much more than the Z4, the Z3 was a more flowing design that worked together, the Z4 looks like a bunch of different people put their ideas together and nothing seems to match up and that hump in the trunk looks like a duck tail to me....... At least the Sky has some continuity to it's design..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I doubt they will turbo the S2000. It already has the bigger engine since the first generation (AP1) model, same engine as mine, from 2.0 to 2.2 liter. 240hp is plenty at this time.

I am interested in the Redline version, so I'll have to wait until late '06 or early '07 to findout what they'll do to the next generation S2000

The New Z4 is expected to adapt the new 3 series engine, so even the 2.5 will have better zip factor.

It will be interesting to see how this will turn out in '07.

sky_vue said:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unless they've changed the Federal law, back in the 60's or 70's they passed a law that auto manufacturers cannot require that a radio be
installed in any car they build - this was passed to help the aftermarket radio
companies and those who would always toss out their factory radio as
soon as they got the car. Therefore Saturn cannot require that XM radio
be in the car. If it is listed as part of a package or whatever makes no difference. They have to honor orders from a customer that delete the radio.
It used to be called the "radio delete option" Federal law. I assume it's still on
the books.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As to any Saturn increase over the Solstice because of the marque,
I'd say that they probably won't do that. After all, they are competing with Pontiac, and at this stage I've heard nothing about their materials (interior, etc.) being of superior quality. I can't remember how the prices compared between the Camaro and the Firebird, but those cars had some significant differences in terms of paint, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kingarthur said:
Unless they've changed the Federal law, back in the 60's or 70's they passed a law that auto manufacturers cannot require that a radio be
be in the car. If it is listed as part of a package or whatever makes no difference. They have to honor orders from a customer that delete the radio.
It used to be called the "radio delete option" Federal law. I assume it's still on
the books.
You can delete the XM radio on any GM car when you get the advanced sound system. BUT, you still pay for it as the XM comes in a package and they do not give you any money back for deleting XM.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Here we go again. Everyone trying to predict the future. LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Speculation

rick112 said:
Here we go again. Everyone trying to predict the future. LOL
Rick,

What else is there until Spring?

:willy: :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been doing some research on Solstice and Miata pricing and have found that the Miata is mostly a pkg deal few option (sometimes none) for
any of the pkgs - there are 6 models (pkgs) from Club spec to Grand Touring.
Cheapest is $21K, most expensive is $28,200.
Currently on EBAY are 5 Solstices, and all are being bid far above MSRP.
The list the options and using ny option price list, I have found that the MSRP/Current high bids are as follows :
MSRP High Bid
$19,540 $26,600
$21,550 $27,100
$22,935 $25,500
$22,075 $27,500
Some of these cars are lower because the aution has several more days
to run. One of these cars had 25(!) bids.
There was a brand new (18miles) 2006 Mazda Miata (MSRP $24K)
also on auction for 4 days and no bids, from a Mazda dealer.
I am more and more thinking that the Miata is going to get destroyed
in this country by the Solstice/Sky.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I might add that as close as I can come to a comparison on pricing, a
Miata costs $2,000 more than a Solstice with equivalent optional eqipment.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
mhw745 said:
Rick,

What else is there until Spring?

:willy: :lol:

Well perhaps the nice people at Saturn could do something for us. Update the site, give us a list of where the cars are going to be next. Perhaps they could through us a party at the AutoShows. Invite us to a pre order party or something. Perhaps Saturn could do something to bring some life to the party. Hmmm... How bout slipping a pic of the Sky to us with someone famous in it. Really give us something to talk about. Anyone you'd like to see behind the wheel?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I for one would like to see Elvis behind the wheel. Old Elvis not the young one. Sorry I just got back from Vegas! BTW I tried to see a Solstice while in the city of sin and couldn't find one there. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
beside me?

rick112 said:
Well perhaps the nice people at Saturn could do something for us. Update the site, give us a list of where the cars are going to be next. Perhaps they could through us a party at the AutoShows. Invite us to a pre order party or something. Perhaps Saturn could do something to bring some life to the party. Hmmm... How bout slipping a pic of the Sky to us with someone famous in it. Really give us something to talk about. Anyone you'd like to see behind the wheel?
Nope, Rick. I can't think of anyone!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
kingarthur said:
the books.
It is impossible at this time to supply a Solstice/Sky without a radio. Reason is that the sound for turn signals and startup noises and check engine chime etc. all operate through the radio speakers in these cars. You must have a radio for these federally mandated sounds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts