Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the Solstice pricing, including options can be found.... Is it time to guess-or re-guess SKY pricing.

Solstice starts at $19,995 (stripped whether Lutz says so or not)

Solstice tops out at about $25,600 with every option.

A Solstice with SKY standard options only is priced about $23,900.

So the Sky is supposed to start where the Solstice leaves off. So does that mean $25,995.... or $24,995.... maybe $23,995..

But $23,995 doesn't seem posible... If it would cost the same as a Solstice, equally equipped.

So what do you think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
silverbugeye said:
Now that the Solstice pricing, including options can be found.... Is it time to guess-or re-guess SKY pricing.

Solstice starts at $19,995 (stripped whether Lutz says so or not)

Solstice tops out at about $25,600 with every option.

A Solstice with SKY standard options only is priced about $23,900.

So the Sky is supposed to start where the Solstice leaves off. So does that mean $25,995.... or $24,995.... maybe $23,995..

But $23,995 doesn't seem posible... If it would cost the same as a Solstice, equally equipped.

So what do you think?
Welcome to the forum silverbugeye, we have talked about this before.
Actualy both cars are $19,995.00 to start but the SKY comes equiped with Standard options that are Optional in the SOL. The optional options on the SKY are the Leather, Automatic and the better radio every thing else is Standard , so it will start at about 24K+.
This is from the original announcement when the car was introduce and some other information that came after that, but it is not a concrete or oficial price from Saturn.
Hope that helps and I did not confuse you more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Welcome to the forum silverbugeye, we have talked about this before.
Actualy both cars are $19,995.00 to start but the SKY comes equiped with Standard options that are Optional in the SOL. The optional options on the SKY are the Leather, Automatic and the better radio every thing else is Standard , so it will start at about 24K+.
This is from the original announcement when the car was introduce and some other information that came after that, but it is not a concrete or oficial price from Saturn.
Hope that helps and I did not confuse you more.
I've never seen any announcement that the Sky would be available without options for 19995. Only the Solstice are out and it is 19995 for base model including destination. First, the Sky is intended to be a premium over the Solstice. Every Saturn on the road today is considered to be a premium over the closest equivalent regular GM car. And this is really the first time Saturn has had a real equivalent. So they are not going to dilute their standing as something aloof and above. Second, we have seen continuing indications that the Sky will not come stripped but will have most options already installed. Third, those options certailnly will carry a price point above Pontiac. We have seen this same thing in GM before. Price compare two otherwise idential Chevy and GMC trucks. THe GMC will be higher. Price compare the Olds Bravada (remember it?) against the exact same S-10 Blazer. The Olds was higher.

IMVHO, a Sky will cost more than a similarly equipped optioned up Solstice. I am guessing in the neighborhood of $1000-$1500. Just hope it doesn't spread to the difference between the C6 'vette at $45k and the new Caddy XLR-V at $85k. By the time the Sky hits you won't even have the option of not getting OnStar, unless they have a delete option. I also think leather and power package will be standard and that the only choice on Sky will be manual or standard transmission.

My best guess is that a base Sky will sticker at about $26,000. Now the kicker is that if the Saturn dealers have to sell the Sky like they do everything else then with no trade involved and their every day low pricing with each and every dealer at the same price (which BTW is a trade violation) then certainly a Sky could be purchased FOR LESS than an equally equipped Solstice.

I am open to any correction here on my interpretation of what goes on in a Saturn dealership so anybody please jump in and slap me upside the head. BUT when they started the deal was nobody pays list and every customer pays the exact same price (as long as there is no trade) and there is never ever any movement on price.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Achieftan,
You misunderstood my POST,
The SKY comes equiped with the options STANDARD!!,
So the price is at about $24 -25K.
The information was either in blog or some other article and the mentioned of the $19,995.00 was as a reference point but you could NOT order the SKY as a strip model and quoted a price of about 25K. The article also mentioned the leather and Automatic as options I added the better radio meaning the 6 disc CD as the other extra option. I will try to find the article and post it.
Here is a link to the PDF from Saturn that shows what I am writing about, although there is no price posted.
http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroom/future_vehicles/sky_spec.pdf

·
Registered
109 Posts
LatinVenom said:
It will probably be closer to $1500.00 and yes base on what they say it is probably about $24,995.00.
I'm expecting that with some additional options (e.g. leather, etc), my price before taxes will be somwhere in the $33K - $35K range ($27 - $28K USD).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sky come with Auto???? Well my wife will like that. I wanted a Solstice but it's only available in a 6 speed which is ok by me, but she told me "If I can't drive it, you can't buy it" Fair I guess since she is paying half sort of. Sky looks better IMO anyway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
need-vert said:
Sky come with Auto???? Well my wife will like that. I wanted a Solstice but it's only available in a 6 speed which is ok by me, but she told me "If I can't drive it, you can't buy it" Fair I guess since she is paying half sort of. Sky looks better IMO anyway.
5 speed is the manual. 6 speed manual was prototype. 6 speed auto is the rumor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw the availability of a 5 speed auto in Saturns web site last night...so unless they change their minds, it's rumour no more.
# Front engine, rear-wheel drive
# 2.4-liter, 16-valve, inline-4 Ecotec™ engine with Variable Valve Timing
# 177-horsepower; 166 ft. lbs. of torque1
# 5-speed manual transmission with short-throw shifter and self-adjusting clutch
# Available electronically controlled five-speed automatic transmission
# 4-wheel independent suspension with coil-over-Bilstein monotube shocks
# 18-inch flangeless alloy wheels equipped with Goodyear P245/45 performance tires
# Hydraulic power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
# Hydroformed / stamped steel body structure with steel and aluminum chassis
# Available torque-sensing limited slip differentia

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went to the Dallas car show yesterday, and she said it was going to be a 6sp manual and 5sp auto.

Also, she said it would top out around $29,500 or so. With EVERY option

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Ok guys, here's what's really going on with the transmissions.

Solstice Concept: 2002 Concept car had a 6spd Corvette tranny

Solstice: ONLY 5spd manual at this time. 5spd auto available early 2006.

Sky: 5spd manual and 5 speed auto available from day one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts