Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... email dated today from my dealer ...

"This just came over yesterday from Corp ...

'Saturn is pleased to announce that the SKY has begun production at our Wilmington Delaware assembly plant. This is a milestone for Saturn and the beginning of the product revitalization that will result in the doubling of our product lineup.

'Production on this low-volume roadster is ramping up and we do not expect to ship these vehicles to retail until we have sufficient quantities and have verified the quality of each unit. We will keep you informed when we are ready to ship.

'As the halo vehicle for Saturn, the SKY will generate significant excitement and attract potential customers who have not previously visited your facilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to create new life-long customers. Please continue to provide the outstanding customer treatment and honesty that has been the hallmark of the Saturn brand.'

I will have my next report this morning to check on your order. I hope this helps!"
:jester:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was guessing that the production must have started earlier this week. I tried to make a change to my order (#1 at my dealer...I get the dealer car), I was told that the image was locked and that had not happened before that point.

Now we need some delivery dates!!!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
bubbacc said:
... email dated today from my dealer ...

"This just came over yesterday from Corp ...

'Saturn is pleased to announce that the SKY has begun production at our Wilmington Delaware assembly plant. This is a milestone for Saturn and the beginning of the product revitalization that will result in the doubling of our product lineup.

'Production on this low-volume roadster is ramping up and we do not expect to ship these vehicles to retail until we have sufficient quantities and have verified the quality of each unit. We will keep you informed when we are ready to ship.

'As the halo vehicle for Saturn, the SKY will generate significant excitement and attract potential customers who have not previously visited your facilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to create new life-long customers. Please continue to provide the outstanding customer treatment and honesty that has been the hallmark of the Saturn brand.'

I will have my next report this morning to check on your order. I hope this helps!"
:jester:
WOOO HOOOO!
one official step closer.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
All i can say is WOOOOO HOOOOOO:driving:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!!.. UGH... OFFICIAL..:cheers: . SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
820 Posts
I called and mine said the same thing, three makes it solider? (is that a word?):D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Ernest said:
My dealer read me the same letter today, two makes it solid!!!!!:thumbs:
Got the same e-mail this morning too!!! :cheers: :cool: :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got my money on Ernest being the first one delivered!!!

He is just gonna turn off the fuel pumps to the other semi-trucks! HA HA HA

Seriously though, that would be my bet...he just seems to have a great dealer on his side.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kinda anti-climax. With pics of over 100 Sky in the parking lot posted here for several days we all knew production had started. Of course the post from Kappaman confirmed it. Nice to hear it's official though.

I still doubt I'll see my car for a few weeks yet though. I've waited this long. I can wait another few weeks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
that's great. if no hitches, the trickle will finally begin and the slow countdown will march on.

·
Registered
554 Posts
We can make a guessing game out of this. Name the first State to get a new Sky delivered. The car must be off the truck and on the dealers lot.

My guess, TN.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Delnari said:
We can make a guessing game out of this. Name the first State to get a new Sky delivered. The car must be off the truck and on the dealers lot.

My guess, TN.

My Hope is for ILLINOIS...... Rockford of course.:lol: ..... i would say, somewhere in the midwest.. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: not really sure what state.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rick112 said:
Kinda anti-climax. With pics of over 100 Sky in the parking lot posted here for several days we all knew production had started. Of course the post from Kappaman confirmed it. Nice to hear it's official though.

I still doubt I'll see my car for a few weeks yet though. I've waited this long. I can wait another few weeks.
Few Weeks...are you buying in the States? You won't get it that soon in Canada

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
marlboromike said:
Delaware....what else is new? A NO BRAINER...DUH

Now... HEY..... we can all DREAM... that one will be in our state.... FIRST... but, i am sure you are right....... we shall see.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
All I know it will get here eventually I can :willy: :willy: Wait.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts