Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently read on the Saturnalia site that the Wilmington plant works three shifts and produces seven cars per shift. How many days a week? What would the ratio be for Solstices, Skys, Redlines, and GXP's be in this mix? Does anyone have any thoughts? Is GM going to increase production based upon huge waiting lists or are these production numbers set in stone? I'm on a long list for a base in CT and was curious if switching to a Redline would take even longer?:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
good question

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I recently read on the Saturnalia site that the Wilmington plant works three shifts and produces seven cars per shift. How many days a week? What would the ratio be for Solstices, Skys, Redlines, and GXP's be in this mix? Does anyone have any thoughts? Is GM going to increase production based upon huge waiting lists or are these production numbers set in stone? I'm on a long list for a base in CT and was curious if switching to a Redline would take even longer?:confused:
They work 6 days a week right now. But remember that 7 number is coming off the assemble line only. It takes 3 days to make the Sky or Solstice from start to finish. But don't forget you have to figure down time for repairs and inspection of the line. And the third shift usually doesn't make as many as the other shifts. Then you have vacation time and shut downs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Most of ramping up production has been done in the 14 month from starting with the first Sols.
With the three shift production 6 days a week they produce between 6 and 7 cars per hour (nearer to 6).
Holding the level at ~ 3,400 per month the total yearly production as planned is reached. That's the same area as the Corvette with ~ 40,000 per year.

GM production and sales data don't differ between Sol and GXP or Sky and RL, because the bigger engine is an option only.

You can see prod & sales numbers and ratio Sol/Sky here

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103994&postcount=7

Beside of some preproduction no Opel GT's until end of August.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts