Saturn Sky Forum banner

SKY....pure luck

3K views 39 replies 34 participants last post by  tolaiz 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I wanted to introduce myself...I've been a lurker for a while here. Here is my story...and I sincerely apologize if I make anyone angry. I waited to post to get the "feel" of this forum, and I can see that there are many people anxiously awaiting the arrivals of their Sky on the dealer waiting lists. I can understand your frustration, although mine was very short-lived....because I got really LUCKY.

About 2 months ago, my husband and I spotted a red Sky on the road in Baton Rouge Louisiana. We both had never seen this awesome little car. I have NEVER been a car enthusiast personally, but the moemnt I saw it, I squealed to my husband....I GOTTA HAVE THAT CAR!!!! :eek: When I realized it was a Saturn and how affordable it was, I became obsessed with getting one. However, I quickly became disheartened when I visited the Baton Rouge dealer and first heard about the "waiting list." It was over 30 people long and they said it would take at least a year to get one....and oh, you had to put $500 down. Well, at my age, kids are a possibility in the near future, so I did not want to take the chance on waiting a year to get the car, and then having to turn it down. It is a "gotta have right now" thing. I started calling all the dealers in Lousiana and even some in other states. No one had one on the lot. I could not believe how rare this car was.

I kinda gave up, but kept thinking about it. A few week later on a whim, I called a dealer about an hour away in Lafayette, Louisiana. Can you believe it? THEY HAD ONE FOR SALE ON THE LOT!!! It was a pre-order that the woman passed on when it came in. I told them to hold it and drove up there that day and bought it. I have to commend the dealer....they sold straight off the sticker $25,900....and were a pleasure to deal with. They have even called to follow up. Literally an hour after I had signed, they were getting other calls of people wanting to come by it. TOO LATE!! I was out of there in 2 hours with my chili pepper red baby.

For those of you who are waiting....it is well worth it....I wish all of you could "get lucky", but you will be so happy when your day comes. I cannot BELIEVE the attention, stares, compliments, etc. I get with this car. I feel like a movie star and like I won the lottery. I tell everyone I finally got my "Barbie" car! :driving:

I'll post pics soon. Thanks for allowing me to share! Best wishes to all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations! Tales like yours are few and far-between, but not unheard of. Enjoy the new GM 100,000 mile warranty by using it up!

#5 ·
Way to Go!! Nice Catch--CONGRATS!! My wife and I also fell into an "order reject", only we had to wait 6 weeks--:lol: But alas, I (we) absolutely agree with everything else you said---ENJOY!! your new car!!

#7 ·
Congratulations and welcome to the family. I to have the Chili Pepper Red and couldn't be happier. You have your "Barbie Car" and I have My "Boop Mobile." Enjoy, your in for a real treat, the fun has just begun!!
Theresa

#10 ·
If you been lurking long enough you'll see that your story resembles mine. It's an awsome feeling. A BIG Cangrats.:cheers::cheers:

#15 ·
More Congrats

MORE CONGRATS!!
ordering and waiting makes it special, but a 'FIND' is even more special. I did not realise the sky was that hard to get. the dealer here has had one on the lot all the time. his rule is next one in, one for sale. after i decided it was only 4 days, next one came in, i was there as soon as next one unloaded, drove away in just over one hour. looks like they get obout one a week. they have had a blue one and now have the grey one. i think they said they have gotten 14. any way. there is one here. charleston.sc
having one, i know it is well worth waiting for if you have to.

#21 ·
Congratulations! I test drove the red - really nice.

#22 · (Edited)
I was lucky too

I have never disclosed how long it took me to get mine because I too got lucky getting mine fast. So I'm coming out of the closet... I mean garage:lol: I got my car in April after being told the person who ordered the car wanted the automatic:banghead: and it wasn't available as such and the car could be mine in 2 weeks. 15 days later I drove it home. I feel for all you folks that did and still do wait for yours.:banghead: I think I will get over the guilt though .... as soon as I go turn the key and go for a late night drive with my little Red
Rooster:thumbs: :D:driving:

#23 ·
I have never disclosed how long it took me to get mine because I too got lucky getting mine fast. So I'm coming out of the closet... I mean garage:lol: I got my car in April after being told the person who ordered the car wanted the automatic:banghead: and it wasn't available as such and the car could be mine in 2 weeks. 15 days later I drove it home. I feel for all you folks that did and still do wait for yours.:banghead: I think I will get over the guilt though .... as soon as I go turn the key and go for a late night drive with my little Red
Rooster:thumbs: :D
Thats as wrong as 2 b... well you get the point. :mad: Its just wrong. :cheers:

#25 ·
:cool: :driving:

Happy Trails ...

oh, you are lucky! Some folks win the "SKY" No Wait Lottery and the rest of us are required to meet here daily for counseling. :lol:

#26 ·
Come on you lurkers...

This is not an isolated story. I got mine exactly the same way. Dealers are getting cars and not everyone is a pre-sale. And some of the pre-sales, people back out (like mine and Vanessa's).

It takes some calling around and the willingness to drive a little past the closest dealer to get one. I took my car in last week for an oil change and my dealer had three looking for owners!

Anticipation is exciting but nothing compared to the joy of owning/driving.

Vanessa, you done good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.