Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my dealer and we sat down this morning, he had two SKY's alloted, one base and 1 R/L. So he took my preliminary order KFFN2X and matched tio the ZMG67 Allotment and bingo, order accepted. As of today my R/L is at Event Code 2000. :willy: :willy: :willy: Everything I wanted was accepted:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!

I guess you are one of the lucky 31 that where allotted for the whole Nation... :cheers:

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It will be built late August for late September delivery. I can stay at this level for a while, deja vue. I am just excited to see some movement, it is good for all of us. Maybe my newspaper interview helped.:lol: :lol:
 

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
Joined
·
164 Posts
Event code 2000 On Redline Today !

Hi All,

Got a call from my salesman today saying that my order went through....and gave me KGRXTO and said it was accepted today. 11:24am and showed an event code of 2000.

This number is the same as my Prelim number he gave me on the 11th of July..but he did not give me a event code at that time....can someone clearify what this means? Did my salesman just give me my prelim number again or is it infact ordered and accepted by GM?... Does a prelim number carry with it an event code number? I thought there were still constraints on the RL option.... or are we one step closer to being built and when?..my salesman didn't really seem to know much.... didn't even know what the constraint was...:confused: ...nice guy though :D On some of the postings...I've seen the number 31 does that mean that we will be one of the 31 ordered for the entire nation???:D

Any help would be appreciated....I'm going nuts here:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
Just got back from my dealer and we sat down this morning, he had two SKY's alloted, one base and 1 R/L. So he took my preliminary order KFFN2X and matched tio the ZMG67 Allotment and bingo, order accepted. As of today my R/L is at Event Code 2000. Everything I wanted was accepted

Congratulations!:cheers: I guess you just moved me one national allocation closer to my big day. :) Be sure to keep us posted as to how quickly you advance with your event codes...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Inline4Redline said:
Hi All,

Got a call from my salesman today saying that my order went through....and gave me KGRXTO and said it was accepted today. 11:24am and showed an event code of 2000.

This number is the same as my Prelim number he gave me on the 11th of July..but he did not give me a event code at that time....can someone clearify what this means? Did my salesman just give me my prelim number again or is it infact ordered and accepted by GM?... Does a prelim number carry with it an event code number? I thought there were still constraints on the RL option.... or are we one step closer to being built and when?..my salesman didn't really seem to know much.... didn't even know what the constraint was...:confused: ...nice guy though :D On some of the postings...I've seen the number 31 does that mean that we will be one of the 31 ordered for the entire nation???:D

Any help would be appreciated....I'm going nuts here:willy:
SKY Spy said:
I guess you are one of the lucky 31 that where allotted for the whole Nation...
Looks like 31 SKY RedLine Allocation where available for the whole Nation so there is a chance you got lucky just like Ernest... :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CONGRATULATIONS to all the lucky ones who received an accepted order today!!! Check your paperwork and you will see a TTP of 8/14 - 8/20!!! I saw the whole process right before my very eyes, again! Stuff like this never get old or boring. Man, I picked a great day to stop smoking!!!!
 

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
Joined
·
164 Posts
OMG!!!:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :cheers:
Thank you, Thank you, Sky Spy!!!:D

Can this be fore REAL???:D

YIPPIE YIPPIE!!!.... I'm email my salesman and fill him in....he didn't even know about event codes...I had to tell him.....(I learned about them from this awesome board!):thumbs:


Thanks again.....the wait is offically ON!... :D

I will keep everyone post as the event codes continue! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next event will be 2500 Order Preferenced or picked up, probably 1st week of August, at which time you could jump to 3000 Order accepted by Production Control. After that the fun really begins, be sure to get printouts of you events from your dealer, it is great documentation to keep with you Sky. Kinda like Pedigree Papers. I have the complete history from the git go on Serenity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Ernest said:
Thank you. It will be built late August for late September delivery. I can stay at this level for a while, deja vue. I am just excited to see some movement, it is good for all of us. Maybe my newspaper interview helped.:lol: :lol:
Interview? INTERVIEW? All it took was an interview? I've been interviewed! Oh, wait. Is that the same as being hauled in for questioning?

Congrats!
 

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
Joined
·
164 Posts
Quick Questions Guys,

What is the 31 national allotment about? Are these Test Cars? Why just 31? I know there are more than 31 dealerships out there...are only a few dealerships getting theses allotments? Is getting a event code of 2000 automaticly make you one of the 31? Please explain....Thanks!:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These are probably alloted to high volume dealers, kinda as exposure vehicles!! My Saturn Group got 1 R/L 1 Base SKY alloted today. No these are not test vehicles, these are are first run assembly line built R/L's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
I'm sure it's already been gone over many times, can someone please point into a thread that shows some sort of timeline of events...from the time I place my deposit until the time I sit in my car? Best estimates please? I'm 5th on the list with a $1000 deposit on a RL at a very high volume dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
HiredGun said:
Interview? INTERVIEW? All it took was an interview? I've been interviewed! Oh, wait. Is that the same as being hauled in for questioning?

Congrats!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was a good one!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
The dealer I ordered mine from was #1 Volumn for 2005, I have not talked to my rep today, but I will be sure to call tomorrow and get an update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
akinmb said:
I'm sure it's already been gone over many times, can someone please point into a thread that shows some sort of timeline of events...from the time I place my deposit until the time I sit in my car? Best estimates please? I'm 5th on the list with a $1000 deposit on a RL at a very high volume dealership.
I was talking to god the other day (as I sometimes do :crazy: )and I asked "how much is a million dollars to you."

He answered "a penny"

So I then asked him "How long is a thousand years to you?"

He said "a minute"

So I then asked "Can I have a penny? "

He replied " In a minute" :banghead: :banghead:

So I figured not to be deterred "Can you at least tell me when I will get my Sky?"

"Sometime before you get your penny" :willy::banghead: :banghead: :willy:


From what I have seen here since they started producing Sky's it is about an accurate estimate you are going to get.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top