Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2006 I got a Midnight Blue Sky...number 1108 off the assembly line.

Sadly I only got to enjoy it for a year. The other car I had that was supposed to be my more regular transportation proved highly unreliable and thus was using the Sky all the time. Thus I wound up selling it for a truck so I had more practicality. I missed that car and always said I'd get another...some day.

Well, someday is here! Will be picking up a 2008 Sky in black. Pictures to follow when I get it here but I plan to be doing a bunch of work to her. :) Never can leave well enough alone. I still have the same truck I bought when I sold the first Sky so no worry about having practicality issues. Can't wait to be back in another one of these little roadsters.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Well, then, Welcome back man!!!:D

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Welcome home...what I never understood, how the West got their cars earlier than the East. I was just over the border to the Wilmington Plant...ordered my car Jan 2...I even recall, my car went upstate NY before it was dropped off in Jersey (Vin#1414)...but the newbees will never understand our anticipatory anxiety about delivery...and all those computer numbers attached to delivery and where it was on the assembly line.

Welcome back...but it is not like the old days. And of course, Kimberly is in Georgia...LOL

·
Registered
928 Posts
Was your 1997 Grand Prix that ran a 12.07 1/4 mile your "regular transportation"? :cool:

Either way, congratulations on the Sky! :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome back...but it is not like the old days. And of course, Kimberly is in Georgia...LOL
LOL...had to go there, huh? LOL I hear from her every now and again. Heard she had moved.

You got that right! It's a LOT BETTER:lol:

Welcome back!

Bert
Glad to be back. As with everything else, things grow and change. It will always be different...but I don't believe any era will be "better" than another...just different.

Was your 1997 Grand Prix that ran a 12.07 1/4 mile your "regular transportation"? :cool:

Either way, congratulations on the Sky! :cheers:
Thanks and yes, at the time my 12 second Grand Prix was also my daily driver. Then someone sat the supercharger down on the core of the intercooler, broke every weld, and it just was one issue after another. I still have her but she'll be leaving here shortly. Going to part it out and may use the money to do a little something something to the Sky.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Congrats Robo

Welcome back we've all missed your informative posts. So what are you going to do to this one? :)

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Ricky!

I'm looking at doing the suspension work...ie the backbone, their rear brace and the underhood brace plus, eventually, springs and shocks. Then I'm wanting to get the Magnaflow Dual exhaust (I heard the car they built that on was UBER cool...hee hee), a Hahn Stage IV Turbo with the high boost kit for the head and, sometime down the road, a beefier clutch for it. Probably add one of those light up etched Sky Shields too...those are pretty cool looking. Finally, since I'm doing a 2.4, I've got to get my hands on some of those black RL headlights.

As for the home brew stuff, since the car I am getting will be black, I am kicking around the idea of getting the stock wheels done in flat black. Either plasticdip or powdercoat. From there, I'm kicking around ideas about doing some flat black vinyl decals on the stock gloss black paint. Also will wind up painting the calipers too but not sure if they'll be red (if I find red/black seats) or yellow. Think that would make for one hot looking Roadster.

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the Sky I was going to get, I'm not going to be getting. Dealership didn't realize the recall hadn't been performed on the car after I signed docs and when they found out it would be two months before it would be ready, they voided the contract and decided to sell it wholesale. I was upset...

...for about two hours.

Found another car, comes with leather seats, has half the mileage, is an 07, is the same price and...IT'S MIDNIGHT BLUE! It's going to be like having my original Sky back! Of course the dealer here wasn't aware the recall, which this car didn't have done yet, will take two months. He's checking on it in the morning but I hope to work something out with them since they just got the car this weekend.

And, of course as we all know, Midnight Blue was the fastest color. ;)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
So the Sky I was going to get, I'm not going to be getting. Dealership didn't realize the recall hadn't been performed on the car after I signed docs and when they found out it would be two months before it would be ready, they voided the contract and decided to sell it wholesale. I was upset...

...for about two hours.

Found another car, comes with leather seats, has half the mileage, is an 07, is the same price and...IT'S MIDNIGHT BLUE! It's going to be like having my original Sky back! Of course the dealer here wasn't aware the recall, which this car didn't have done yet, will take two months. He's checking on it in the morning but I hope to work something out with them since they just got the car this weekend.

And, of course as we all know, Midnight Blue was the fastest color. ;)

Im glad it is working out! Well...... I have had 5 but of all I think the PINK is the fastest.. hehehe... maybe it has something to do with all the awesome Hahn RaceCraft stuff on it too! SkyBaby

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im glad it is working out! Well...... I have had 5 but of all I think the PINK is the fastest.. hehehe... maybe it has something to do with all the awesome Hahn RaceCraft stuff on it too! SkyBaby
Or it is just an optical illlusion created by everyone slowing down to try and get a better look at the hottie in the hot car...LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why not get a RL, much easier to get power out of with minimal mods over stock.
First, what's it take to get a RL in to the 12s?

Second, trying to find a manual RL out here that someone doesn't want a premium for is next to impossible.

·
Registered
343 Posts
First, what's it take to get a RL in to the 12s?

Second, trying to find a manual RL out here that someone doesn't want a premium for is next to impossible.
Idk, I don't really care about drag strip performance because I'm never going to take mine to a strip ... I'd rather autox or road course it.

I had to go out of state to get my manual RL, was an awesome drive back though.

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I almost got a 2.0 Turbo...

...but didn't want a Pontiac Solstice GXP.

Drove onto the lot to buy the 2.4 Sky and sitting in the driveway was a Solstice GXP. Okay, so maybe it was an automatic...then I wouldn't have to make a choice...nope...it's a stick. Crap.

Drove both...love the power of the 2.0 turbo but just couldn't deal with the interior of the GXP. Like the look and the interior of the Sky so much more. Figure I can turbo the Sky but can't make the Solstice look like a Sky.

So now time to start the modification process.

I like to do strip and track...why not have both. :)

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Well I almost got a 2.0 Turbo...

...but didn't want a Pontiac Solstice GXP.

Drove onto the lot to buy the 2.4 Sky and sitting in the driveway was a Solstice GXP. Okay, so maybe it was an automatic...then I wouldn't have to make a choice...nope...it's a stick. Crap.

Drove both...love the power of the 2.0 turbo but just couldn't deal with the interior of the GXP. Like the look and the interior of the Sky so much more. Figure I can turbo the Sky but can't make the Solstice look like a Sky.

So now time to start the modification process.

I like to do strip and track...why not have both. :)
Always said the Solstice interior was ugly...but if you wanted a project, you can change the Solstice dash to a SKYS. I remember someone actually did. Now you're talking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts