Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone pointed out the velcrow on the inside of the buttresses and said it was to remove the back window assembly so you can drive with the top up with the whole back open. Is this right?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
skyfan said:
Someone pointed out the velcrow on the inside of the buttresses and said it was to remove the back window assembly so you can drive with the top up with the whole back open. Is this right?
if it isn't in the owners manule then better not try it.... And I cannot find it anywhere in there, it is probably a way to replace the back window without having to completely disassemble the top, but that is a guess...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Are you talking about the Velcro near the little black square cubes??? Is there also Velcro at the top of the top???

If it is the Velcro in the rubbery material at the bottom in the trunk area... that is to keep placement of the sides of the "gutters" in proper location.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
todaresqSL2 said:
Are you talking about the Velcro near the little black square cubes??? Is there also Velcro at the top of the top???

If it is the Velcro in the rubbery material at the bottom in the trunk area... that is to keep placement of the sides of the "gutters" in proper location.
I am talking about the velcrow attaching the buttresses wings together - part of the canvas top. Not anything inside the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The rear glass window is integrated into the top. The velcro on the butresses is for adjusting the fit to make it fit correctly.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
So the velcro might tighten the loose look of the top I have seen in photos?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skywulf said:
So the velcro might tighten the loose look of the top I have seen in photos?
It's not loose in fact, it's tight -- the long wrinkles are stretch marks --

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It's not loose in fact, it's tight -- the long wrinkles are stretch marks --
Hey, we all get stretch marks. Should not turn down a car of beauty (or a woman of beauty) because she has a few stretch marks. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts