Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've been able to gather reading various things online, it seems to me that the SKY Redline and Solstice GXP will come out 1 year after the release of the Solstice, and that would mean August '07. I have also heard that it would be 6 months after the SKY release; I have heard this would be in January or March of '07. Rumor also states that it will be a Turbocharged 2.2L Ecotec engine with the only upgrades to the car being the revised front fascia and the dual exhaust. Recent rumor has pegged the price closer to 30k than my earlier guestamite of 28k. Does anyone have any other rumors, or opinions relating to this?

I know it's a little early to start speculating, but this car is going to be one hot item, and I just can't help myself! :D I can see it in my driveway now...... :willy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
well, we already know there will be a lip wing on the back... you can see it on the back of the countdown calender, as well as the dual exhaust. Personally, if the RL turns out like the one in that photochop thread, i'll be swapping front bumpers RIGHT away. I like the look of the front on the regular sky.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The current rumor from most places is a 2.0L Turbocharged ECOTEC making ~250HP. I would also expect the suspension/brakes to be altered as well to handle the new levels of power.

Anything involving price is complete conjecture from this site and the Solstice site. I have not seen any rumors coming from any of the other sites about the pricing as of yet.

The time frame guesses jive with what others are saying too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would guess a lot of things will carry over from the ION RL and the CObalt SSs/c (i.e., brakes since we stop something like 1 foot shorter than a ferrari or lambo, the basic build of the 2.0 (perfect square borexstroke), etc.) they've put a lot into it, and they use the 2.0 for the salt flats and drag cars, only minor differences.

it's NOT going to be some simple 2.2 with a turbo slapped on, you're being mis-informed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts