Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting in my local Saturn of Manchester NH dealership getting service done on my car. I speak to one of the sales people and they tell me there is a 5,000.00 market adjustment for the Saturn Sky.

WTF!

Once I get my car done servicing, I'll find another Saturn dealer to deal with. Stay away from Saturn of Manchester. They are total theives!

·
Registered
102 Posts
They could be called stupid businessmen, but they aren't thieves - thieves
take your money without your permission. Nobody's holding a gun to your head
to buy a Sky.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey HDTV Man - Did you mean marking up the Sky Redline or the present model? :confused:
:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Hey HDTV Man - Did you mean marking up the Sky Redline or the present model? :confused:

From what they told me, it's both. $5,000.00 Market Premium for ALL Sky's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMguy said:
They could be called stupid businessmen, but they aren't thieves - thieves
take your money without your permission. Nobody's holding a gun to your head
to buy a Sky.
You're right, they are giving Saturn a bad name. I already spent money at that dealership on a Saturn. I'm not a NEW Saturn fan, who's just looking to buy a Sky. I'm an EXISTING customer. Well I was an existing customer of that dealership. I have 2 letters going out today one to the General Manager of SoM and one to Saturn Corporate.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I stopped by my local Saturn dealer yesterday (very nice people) and inquired whether pricing was out on the Red Line yet and was told that it was not.

Everytime I mention (both then and before) that some Saturn dealers were jacking up the MSRP on Skys, he just shook his head. I think some of the dealers agree with the view that it just ain't right. I really think some of the dealers view the Sky and a vehicle to bring people into the dealership to show off the Saturn line. My dealer has sold its entire allotment of Skys already and yet keeps the demo vehicle on the showroom floor. I was told that they would eventually sell it, but decided to keep it on the floor to let people see it for the time being.

·
Registered
380 Posts
HDTV_Fan said:
So I'm sitting in my local Saturn of Manchester NH dealership getting service done on my car. I speak to one of the sales people and they tell me there is a 5,000.00 market adjustment for the Saturn Sky.

WTF!

Once I get my car done servicing, I'll find another Saturn dealer to deal with. Stay away from Saturn of Manchester. They are total theives!
I have a Sky (#11 delivered in the US... paid MSRP). I have a Redline on order. My dealer promised me the first one and I have it in writing MSRP. All 5 Saturn dealers in Cincinnati are great and do not pack the MSRP. I feel sorry for you all in other, parts of the country who have to deal with unscrupulous dealers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's too bad they are price gouging $5K. Most dealers are fair and are using the SKY to attract new business, I for one. Those who gouge :nono: may end up regretting it. It's funny, I bought across the state line from you (HDTV FAN) @ MSRP. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got this from Saturn Corporate.

Thank you for taking the time to write Saturn. First, I would like to thank you for your Saturn loyalty. This means so much to us. However, I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have experienced with the sales team at Manchester. I am sure this situation was disappointing, as well as frustrating.

Saturn retailers across the country and independently owned and operated franchises; and therefore, set their own business practices. This includes setting prices for vehicles. Saturn Corporation can make recommendations surrounding this issue; however, they can not mandate a specific price. This is considered "price fixing" and is illegal.

I would like to make sure your disappointment with this facility is formally documented. This information will be shared with Saturn leadership. Your feedback will be utilized for coaching and training opportunities with this facility. We want to do our best to promptly address this issue.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The only SKYs not spoken for already are marked up. That's why they're not spoken for yet! Personally, we were selling at MSRP but we aren't even taking orders anymore, just a wish list as we have already taken orders for 200% of our allocation. As a dealership employee I would HOPE to get GMS pricing but due to the overwhelming demand I will settle for the $20-40 more per month that MSRP demands cuz I GOTTA HAVE IT! :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The whole point I'm trying to make with Saturn Corporate is the dealers are tarnishing the Saturn name by gouging the heck out of this car. If you figure 32k or so for a fully optioned out Sky Redline with a 5k "market price" attached you're nearing $40k for a car with 260 horse.

Why don't I just go get a leftover Vette?

·
Registered
202 Posts
HDTV_Fan said:
Why don't I just go get a leftover Vette?
Leftover from when? Corvettes are going for $2K+ over sticker since the redesign and are also sold out through the end of the year. Z06 Corvettes are $10-15K over sticker. I've even seen Honda Civic Si models marked up as much as $12K!!

Many Saturn retailers are selling SKYs at MSRP, but they are sold out. Others are adding $2-5000 worth of mandatory add-on equipment and still more are just marking them up, but most are just overcharging for accessories if anything. And most of them are still sold out.

Face it, it's a hot car. Perhaps TOO hot. Wait a while and it'll cool down.

·
Registered
276 Posts
GMinTheDriveway said:
Leftover from when? Corvettes are going for $2K+ over sticker since the redesign and are also sold out through the end of the year. Z06 Corvettes are $10-15K over sticker. I've even seen Honda Civic Si models marked up as much as $12K!!

Many Saturn retailers are selling SKYs at MSRP, but they are sold out. Others are adding $2-5000 worth of mandatory add-on equipment and still more are just marking them up, but most are just overcharging for accessories if anything. And most of them are still sold out.

Face it, it's a hot car. Perhaps TOO hot. Wait a while and it'll cool down.
There are plenty of C-6 Corvettes avaiable. Typical discount is $4K off sticker. If you shop around you can get a better price. GM supplier numbers are available even for non employees if you know where to look. Some dealers will even get you a GM Employee number for a slight charge. With this you can get $7K off or more, depending on options. I know because I spent a lot of time shopping for a 2006 Vette before I decided to be number one on a dealers list for a 2007 Z06 at MSRP.

If Skys were really sold out for the 07 production, ebay would be getting a big premium over sticker like the 2006 Z06 Vette demands...hasn't been the case for the Sky, because they are available...with a wait.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dealership has so far been great with pricing, they told me that no haggle pricing at Saturn was part of what set them apart. I agreed with that. They agreed (although I'm waiting on the follow through) to give me not only MSRP but the GMC plan discount as well since it is covered by the plan. Seems like what Saturn stands for and will be why I go back to replace my wive's car and any other thing I need along the way. This is my 1st Saturn and because of this exp. won't be my last.:thumbs:

Way2Fast said:
If Skys were really sold out for the 07 production, ebay would be getting a big premium over sticker like the 2006 Z06 Vette demands...hasn't been the case for the Sky, because they are available...with a wait.
SKYs are sold out now. Go talk to a dealer and try to place an order. The best you can hope for is they put you on a list for 2008 maybe a redline, but depends on where your at. There will not be the demand on ebay etc. yet because the SKY is not very public yet. Saturn has done almost no advertisement on this car. Everyone knows about the Vette that's why they can run the price up on E-bay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the saturn dealer by me told me tht the red line will sell for msrp . they also have 2 sky's coming in this week that are not sold yet

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok so there are some things on this thread that have me a bit perplexed.....

#1 is the saying that all Skys & Vettes are sold out for the year, as far as the vette goes....WRONG!!!! come down to Houston and Ill show you 3 dealerships in a 45 minute drive with Vettes on the lot.( now they may be sold out meaning factory has no orders left and the dealerships have bought them all, however not likely but still a possibility.

#2 I read on this forum about Skys sitting in dealerships every week. (Again are they sold out meaning all orders have been filled by dealerships or by actual customers - don't know?)

#3 If GM/Saturn allow for the mark-ups of this car why didnt they just give it a bowtie and not tarnish the "we believe in selling at MSRP" line Saturn has used for their reputation? Heck they are putting DAEWOO badging on it which quite frankly this embarrasses me a little?

#4 My dealership has been par at the very best, they have not done anything special for us, I call about every 10 days to check status and thats it ,never get a call from them. Some of the people on this thread are also saying my dealer said the redline will be MSRP...GET IT IN WRITING and nothing less :deadhorse also make them state (in Writing)that you only have to order what you want, no upgrades or pinstripping ,tint, paint sealer or misc crap.I did not do this and was promised msrp but after 2 months got a call saying $2000 mark up and 15 minutes before placing actual order was told the $1800 tint /paint sealer was mandatory. At this point these 2 items seem to be resolved and I have taken the proper steps in doing so. We will soon see as car is released to carrier. Not fussing here just trying to educate some of the newer members about the get it in writing thing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can not understand why so many are having trouble getting their cars. The dealer I purchased my Sky from has 2 expected in any day that are available for purchase. A black/bk red auto and a white/bk tan manual. He tried to talk me into buying another one as an investment. Other dealers where I left my phone number prior to purchasing my car have been calling to say they have a Sky/Skys available. Seems like the only people who can't get their cars are those who put a deposit down on them. I passed a Pontiac dealer today and they had sols parked in front of the place. 2007 production is sold out? I think NOT !!

·
Registered
337 Posts
About Those Jerks At Manchester Nh

HDTV_Fan said:

WTF!

HEY MAN!!!!!!!!!

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THOSE JERKS AT MANCHESTER....I have made several posts over the last few months about the crap they are pulling as well as others who have been outraged! It's hitting home and they have been taking alot of heat about it :D ...I sent Craig Graham
Sky Sales Consultant 603-889-3030 of manchester several E-mails and several calls about the crap he is pulling on not only new but loyal Saturn customers as yourself and man was he ashamed of himself:nono: ...he's a coward who is choosing not to take complaints about these scummy practices they are pulling up there in Manchester.

If anyone wants to send this money grubber an E-mail by all means do so at: [email protected]

I'm sure he would like to hear about how HAPPY we all are about his "NO HAGGLE,PEOPLE FIRST ATTITUDE" they have over there.:brentil:

He and the rest of SATURN OF MANCHESTER IS AN EMBARRESSMENT TO SATURN AS WELL AS GM...GM SHOULD HAVE HIS JOB AS WELL AS HIS MANAGERS and dump them both to the curb!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...these people are SCUM :mad: ....and as long as we don't buy from them they will know it! As we all know less SKYS inturn will be coming to their dealership...SATURN CORP ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS DEALERSHIP...I have filed several complaints with Saturn and GM about them...In the long run....them selling mark-up of a few SKYS (most likely 10 or so) Will in the end cripple that dealership because of the bad word of mouth they are getting on how they treat new and old customers.

THIS DEALERSHIP IS A HASSLE! DON'T GET NEAR THIS PLACE!:confused:

Praise the lord!
RedSky

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've seen no less than 8 06 Vettes with 0 miles on them on the lots, as well as 05 vettes brand new, selling for $2k-$8k under sticker.

Z06's I haven't seen any on the lots, but I'm not looking at a Z06.

I'm going to get a Redline from "A" Saturn dealer, but I know it's not going to be Saturn of Manchester. Haverhill, Medford, and I'm sure there are others on my way to work or around the 128/93/495 belts.

Saturn Coporate should be pissed off at these guys in Manchester. I hope their entire alotment of Redlines is 0 units.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts