Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I refuse to pay MSRP for any car. Never have and never will.

I'm currently in the market for another car, but I'm picky so it's going to take a while to find the right car @ the right price.

I drove a Sky a few weeks ago and liked the car except for the lack of power and bad fit & finish of the top. I am thinking about getting a Redline, but I don't like this no haggle pricing crap. Anyone who thinks they are getting a deal @ MSRP on any car is a fool IMO.

Any chance that I find a dealer willing to deal or am I going to hear MSRP and that's final from everyone? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
GodMachine said:

I'm currently in the market for another car, but I'm picky so it's going to take a while to find the right car @ the right price.

I drove a Sky a few weeks ago and liked the car except for the lack of power and bad fit & finish of the top. I am thinking about getting a Redline, but I don't like this no haggle pricing crap. Anyone who thinks they are getting a deal @ MSRP on any car is a fool IMO.

Any chance that I find a dealer willing to deal or am I going to hear MSRP and that's final from everyone? :rolleyes:
Except for those that are charging you 2-5k over MSRP! :D

If you want to buy a Sky at less than MSRP you may have to wait several years or pick-up a used one. One thing that is pretty consistent across the board is the No Haggle policy.

Perhaps you should get a Solstice they MAY be haggling at this point! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
richmcc said:
Except for those that are charging you 2-5k over MSRP! :D

If you want to buy a Sky at less than MSRP you may have to wait several years or pick-up a used one. One thing that is pretty consistent across the board is the No Haggle policy.

Perhaps you should get a Solstice they MAY be haggling at this point! :D
I wouldn't need to haggle either when I'm raping people for MSRP. If Saturn refuses to deal then I'd buy a GXP. No skin off my back, I don't have to buy ****. :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GodMachine said:
I wouldn't need to haggle either when I'm raping people for MSRP. If Saturn refuses to deal then I'd buy a GXP. No skin off my back, I don't have to buy ****. :)
The price they use as MSRP is what you'd work for hours to haggle other cars down to.
When I bought my first Saturn the price was less that the "window sticker" price of similar cars. The best deal I could haggle was still more than the Saturn.
Its more like this -- go to a store and find milk priced for $4.50 a gallon. Saturn milk is $1.79. So you haggle with the store for the $4.50 and get them down to $2.00.
Plus service wise they'll pour the milk for you and wash the glass!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
The price they use as MSRP is what you'd work for hours to haggle other cars down to.
When I bought my first Saturn the price was less that the "window sticker" price of similar cars. The best deal I could haggle was still more than the Saturn.
Its more like this -- go to a store and find milk priced for $4.50 a gallon. Saturn milk is $1.79. So you haggle with the store for the $4.50 and get them down to $2.00.
You are mistaken.

MSRP is MSRP no matter who the dealer is & that it a price that is marked up quite a bit.

I am an invoice buyer. I will start below invoice & end close to invoice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds like to me, you won't be buying a Sky Red line anytime soon then.:driving:

They don't haggle. Its a take it, or leave it price. Also, why would they, when theres a waiting list for them now, and they are only planning on making 5000 a year. Thats nothing in the automotive world.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GodMachine said:
You are mistaken.

MSRP is MSRP no matter who the dealer is & that it a price that is marked up quite a bit.

I am an invoice buyer. I will start below invoice & end close to invoice.
You go ahead and buy invoices then (I hear they get good milage) but Saturns go for the price on the window.
I only know what I went through and the price is lower than comperable cars. It's obvious that they are not marked up as high as others. Salepeople don't work on comissions -- it's a different ballgame.
So you would buy invoice price -- The one on the window.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
GodMachine said:
I guess you will have to go get a GXP but i would be very surprised if you can get it for under MSRP. But Good luck trying:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I guess you will have to go get a GXP but i would be very surprised if you can get it for under MSRP. But Good luck trying:thumbs:
Lets see I am a Pontiac Dealer, I have GXP on the floor. One guy is offering to pay a little over the invoice for the car. However, I know in two or three days at the most I am going to get someone who will pay MSRP with another 4K of Addons and not even blink! What will I do! What will I do! :willy: :willy:

GodMachine said:
Quote:
[QUOTE = Rick Tinley Park]
You are mistaken.

I am an invoice buyer. I will start below invoice & end close to invoice. [/QUOTE]

How is he mistaken? Saturn Milk is $1.79 and your paying $2.00 for milk after haggling and Saturn Milk is not the better Deal? When I went shopping for a new car I priced Hondas and Toyotas and for the same class as the SL with the similar options they came in 2-3k higher. Which is why I bought a Saturn. Since Saturn does not haggle, what the Saturn Dealer pays for at Invoice is mute. Perhaps if I had the Invoice price of the Honda Civic I could get close to the price of the SL, but the SL was still a better value.

It seems that to you, the measure how good a value you get by how much you talk the dealer out of rather than the value of what you are getting.

By the way the Sky and Redline Sky at MSRP is a good deal. :thumbs: These cars if GM wanted to could sell them at 30-35k respectively. :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
GodMachine said:

God machine you made this same post over at the Solstice forum Are you just trying to tick people off ????? You said you were thinking about a Solstice.

There are no fools here at the Sky forum or at the Solstice forum. Only one fool I know of and that my friend is you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
deluke said:
God machine you made this same post over at the Solstice forum Are you just trying to tick people off ????? You said you were thinking about a Solstice.

There are no fools here at the Sky forum or at the Solstice forum. Only one fool I know of and that my friend is you.
:agree:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
deluke said:

Obviously there is at least one...you. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
GodMachine said:
Obviously there is at least one...you. :cheers:
Look in a mirror, your the only fool arount these forums. And most will agree !

( You like coming to our forum 's and calling us fools? ( the Sky and Solstice forum's ) But then again you won't be driving a Sky or Solstice, not at employee pricing and your not an employee. Maybe you should go get a loaded corvette for 30,000.00, your just so good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
deluke said:

I think he needs to move on to another type of car. The GXP or RL is not for eveybody. But if he does get one I would love to know what he "really" paid for it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I for one like the no haggle policy. I have in the past bought cars, and find someone else got a better deal (or I got a better deal) Imagine the feelings I have for those dealerships. I feel ripped off. That was a dealer I never will deal with again. I also have been on the opposite end, and the person who got ripped off will never deal with their dealer again. Is it worth that much bad blood to do that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
drbob said:
I for one like the no haggle policy. I have in the past bought cars, and find someone else got a better deal (or I got a better deal) Imagine the feelings I have for those dealerships. I feel ripped off. That was a dealer I never will deal with again. I also have been on the opposite end, and the person who got ripped off will never deal with their dealer again. Is it worth that much bad blood to do that?
You have only yourself to blame for not shopping around for the best deal then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RMFNSKY said:
I think he needs to move on to another type of car. The GXP or RL is not for eveybody. But if he does get one I would love to know what he "really" paid for it. :rolleyes:
WHat is so hard to understand here? I don't need the car & it's not #1 on my list right now, but I'd consider it if I'm still in the market when they come out if they decide to not play the rip off game w/MSRP. if not, then no big deal I just won't buy one.

I did not realize that everyone has to be happy abouy paying MSRP & if you're not you just like to start crap. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deluke said:
Look in a mirror, your the only fool arount these forums. And most will agree !

( You like coming to our forum 's and calling us fools? ( the Sky and Solstice forum's ) But then again you won't be driving a Sky or Solstice, not at employee pricing and your not an employee. Maybe you should go get a loaded corvette for 30,000.00, your just so good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No, but I do get the supplier discount. :cheers:

Try using spell check next time, genius.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Godmachine, (odd username for such a temper) I do believe there is a way for you to get a Sky or Sol below MSRP but the only way I see it happening in the next year is to take a $20,000 car in as trade in, they charge you $25,000 for a loaded (not red-line) Sky and then they give you $7500 for your trade in, then you can honestly say you paid below MSRP for your Sky and never mention how they bent you over the barrel on trade in. If you want a Sky research how long people have been waiting to get them, nobody is dealing right now because there is no need to. Nobody likes paying MSRP but when you start pricing comparable cars in the Sky price range you will see MSRP is not so bad after all.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
GodMachine said:
WHat is so hard to understand here? I don't need the car & it's not #1 on my list right now, but I'd consider it if I'm still in the market when they come out if they decide to not play the rip off game w/MSRP. if not, then no big deal I just won't buy one.

I did not realize that everyone has to be happy abouy paying MSRP & if you're not you just like to start crap. :rolleyes:

What is so hard for me to understand is why you feel the need to post here and on the Solstice forum and Saturnalia and try to convince people they are wrong because they pay MSRP. If people like the car and it fulfills their needs for what they are looking for in a car and they are willing to pay why does it bother you so much.

Saturn has always had the policy of paying sticker price. People know that going in. Why is that so hard for you to understand. You WON"T get a Sky for under MSRP unless it's used.

P.S. complaining about spelling on a message board is just plain juvenile.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.