Saturn Sky Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Good to see it coming back together with all of the new bits. I've been waiting to see your final outcome with the new hood. Bummer about the turbo and the radiator coolant pipe. Hopefully those get sorted out soon. Do you think you're going to have everything back together before NASSAM?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the wrench break. Having just did the timing chain myself I can't imagine the wrench breaking with that force. IIRC it's like 75lbs plus 120 degrees or something like that?
Hadn’t realized you had a powder coated valve cover. Very nice.

I also have one of those RPM upper rad hoses sitting in a box, and hadn’t realized the rubber coupler made it look that way. Not sure how I feel about it now.

And a suggestion re: your missing metal piece- the subframe just behind the rack has these 2 large openings. Maybe it slid in there...

I have bent wrenches, but never broken one. What brand is it, and what broke off?
I'm headed out the door gents, so I'll provide a picture later. My honest to goodness hope is it disappeared in Sky Narnia, and not the front timing area.
I'll deal with a rattle. My heart will break if the engine breaks. I'm going to have ZZP start with an easy e85 tune. My goal is to have all kinks ironed out before NASSAM.
I highly doubt it will be fully painted/ wrapped by NASSAM though. I just want it to run well at this point and have no oil leaks. I was absolutely following proper torqueing.
It broke while I was doing the 120 degrees bit.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
My coolant pipe doesn't fit right. I'm working on getting a proper fit for it.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Aircraft engine

When I went to fill the radiator with coolant, it spilled all over the floor, because the $700 radiator doesn't fucking come with a drain plug.
I tried the OEM plug, and it isn't the same thread. So cool.

Vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive exterior Hood

To get the fuel pump installed, I had to go back and forth with the mechanic, who was legitimately nice and helpful, but I was wasting his time as a customer, when the proper install procedure could have just been properly documented. Apparently I'm the first person on the planet to post what a fully installed RPM HPFP looks like:

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

Martin has been incredibly polite. His mechanics truly care about the platform. I'm just astonished at how many "mix-ups" have occurred.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi I might be interested in buying that hood, do you have the contact information of the person who's selling the hood?
If you’re looking for the returned damaged hood, it was sitting outback of RK Sport in Round Rock, TX the last I saw it. What they did with it I have no idea. I’m not sure if they destroyed it or sold it. That was back in February. Cesar was who I talked with while I was there.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Martin at RPM to the rescue!

He's going to send me the 90 degree elbow for the coolant return pipe, the hardware to install the intercooler, and radiator drain plug.
Martin was super help, polite, and solution oriented. I appreciate it.

I plan on buying those guys a coffee when I visit at the end of the month.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts