Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got my June Automobile mag. In it there is a fold out poster from Saturn on the Redline SKY. On the poster it saids the Redline will be availabe this SUMMER !!! Check it out on your next trip to the store !!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Suuuuuuuuuuh-weet! :thumbs:

Remember though, to some people "the summer" can mean as late as august....to me it means by the end of June.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Summer

Initial date announced was August/September. Even though it will feel like fall in Minnesota, that is still summer on the calendar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i asked my salesman about it 2 weeks ago.. and he also said it was in August before they start production.... I thought about waiting for it... cuz it seems like I won't be getting one prolly til then anyways....
but... i'm afraid it mite start in August.. but you won't be able to buy them til December... too long of a wait... i need a convertible NOW!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Well lets hope that the catch up on some of our orders before they start pumpin out the redline. Of course you shouldn't believe everything you read. Even if they start producing them in the near future, how long will it take before customers really start getting them. September?:lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Saturn Recent History on Dates

When was the first Sky supposed to be deliver Spring of 2006, when did deliveries start? First around March 20th the first day of Spring. Maybe our Redlines will come near the First day of Summer. Just wishfull thinking. I love my Sky but I can't wait for more power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, I've seen this too. I'm afraid it might be a misprint though, maybe not, probably so.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Late summer seems to be where people have said it should be out.. I am still getting the feeling October will be more likely and possibly even later.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just seen Mag Add for Redline Summer

The Bluestone looks great in add. But the Available Summer sings out like the reference to spring for the first Skys. March 20th the first day of Spring, June 21st the first day of Summer. My opinion is that this is all just bolt on equiptment that will just substitute parts at build stations of a already running line. I wouldn't figure this would be a retooling of line, just moving alternate bolt on parts to proper work station for assembly and it shouldn't miss a beat. I'm sure that when they built the first Skys they already approved Redline so to be cost effective the wiring harnesses would already be capable of plugging in standard redline equiptment.The certification of vehicle should be a breeze or nonexistent because it is just a option of existing vehicle. I guess it is just wishful thinking but wouldn't it be great if Dealer Demos like the first Skys would appear about the Begining of Summer, like our first Skys did in March. If the May 15th webcast to Dealers lays out pricing and allocations the orders that Dealers entered in Voms should be able to move forward. So the optimist in me says JUNE 21,2006 the realist says October -November what do you think?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
The Bluestone looks great in add. But the Available Summer sings out like the reference to spring for the first Skys. March 20th the first day of Spring, June 21st the first day of Summer. My opinion is that this is all just bolt on equiptment that will just substitute parts at build stations of a already running line. I wouldn't figure this would be a retooling of line, just moving alternate bolt on parts to proper work station for assembly and it shouldn't miss a beat. I'm sure that when they built the first Skys they already approved Redline so to be cost effective the wiring harnesses would already be capable of plugging in standard redline equiptment.The certification of vehicle should be a breeze or nonexistent because it is just a option of existing vehicle. I guess it is just wishful thinking but wouldn't it be great if Dealer Demos like the first Skys would appear about the Begining of Summer, like our first Skys did in March. If the May 15th webcast to Dealers lays out pricing and allocations the orders that Dealers entered in Voms should be able to move forward. So the optimist in me says JUNE 21,2006 the realist says October -November what do you think?
VOMS isn't accepting prelim RL orders yet...only prelim GXP orders...which makes sense, since the Sol came before the Sky, so I'm sure they are following suit with the GXP/RL orders. On the Sol forum, I'm reading that they are not expecting allocation for the prelim GXP orders that are already entered into the system, to occur until sometime in July...so I wouldn't think allocation for the RL will happen anytime before that.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
nscrbug said:
VOMS isn't accepting prelim RL orders yet...only prelim GXP orders...which makes sense, since the Sol came before the Sky, so I'm sure they are following suit with the GXP/RL orders. On the Sol forum, I'm reading that they are not expecting allocation for the prelim GXP orders that are already entered into the system, to occur until sometime in July...so I wouldn't think allocation for the RL will happen anytime before that.
Could be August or September, we don't know and are waiting to hear from our sources on any reliable inside rumor. They said available in the Fall, that can take you up untill middle of November. They are not commiting themself at all. It's a wait and see.

All we can do is be patient , now that the GXP guy's can put their order in. I still can't understand why you guy's can't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts