Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped in at Dunkin' Donuts this morning for my morning coffee (Large, hazelnut, black) And parked practically right next to me is a Sky. Oh, neat. I haven't seen one stopped yet. I was going to just walk right past it and into the store, but the gentlement passing me turned at the door and got out his keys.

I asked him "Oh, is this your Sky" Fully expecting him to respond how I always want to for the same question about my Solstice, "No, I just like to pretend to get into cool cars"

However, his reply was "Yes"
I told him "That's my Solstice right over there, how long have you had the Sky?"

He tells me it's a work car, and he's had it for about a week and loves it and that it's fast

During this talk I glance inside at the nicely stitched leather seats... With the word SKY on the headrest.

And right next to the SKY a white square... with a horizontal redline running through it.

I probably interrupted him "hold on a second... This is a Redline?"

So. Saw my first Redline today. All I know is the interior is beautiful, and that it's apaprently "Fast" and "Fun" and he "love it"

:)

Enjoy your day, all!

Do I get a prize?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Whhhaaa?? Huh???

This is why we all must carry a camera around with us!!!! We've seen the pics of the car in the plant, but none running loose outside of the cages?!?!

"A work car"? Is this person a GM exec, or a dealer? What other company buys a "first out of the factory, wait 7 months to get it" work car for thier employees?

What area is this in?

Did you tell them about this board... and to post good pics here?

Are you pulling our legs? :nono: :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Pre-Production car given to an engineer to drive around - just like the one at the Solstice Meet in KC that the engineer there had. These cars are pre-production and won't be *exactly* like the ones SOLD.

If I have time today I'll try to locate the pics from KC of the Redline and post here for viewing.

::edit:: So far this is the only pic I've been able to locate, I thought there were a couple of the engine bay but I must be mistaken - sorry!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, I should have been more specific.

I live in SE Michigan.

this was a pre-production car from the Warren Tech Center.

I'm lucky enough to see a lot of great stuff come out of there.

I saw a Mean Solstice GXP last week on I-75.

P.S. Sorry about the lack of pictures... I should learn to carry my camera around. I used to have a camera phone, but alas, no more.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
ok ok... I went a little over the edge. I'm better now.
"Stand back, there is nothing to see here"

hmmm... Ahnuld thinking his next trip to include video camer to capture the Redline in full drive mode with sound.

Of course, that would require some waiting around the plant.

Can you get arrested for stalking a car? :lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Kappa Fan said:
Pre-Production car given to an engineer to drive around - just like the one at the Solstice Meet in KC that the engineer there had. These cars are pre-production and won't be *exactly* like the ones SOLD.

If I have time today I'll try to locate the pics from KC of the Redline and post here for viewing.

::edit:: So far this is the only pic I've been able to locate, I thought there were a couple of the engine bay but I must be mistaken - sorry!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deluke, it's like you're following me around. :)

I knew it wasz pre-production. It was early, on way to work... 7 miles from plant...

Oh, bah. I covered this at soslticeforum. :)

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Dreamer said:
deluke, it's like you're following me around. :)

I knew it wasz pre-production. It was early, on way to work... 7 miles from plant...

Oh, bah. I covered this at soslticeforum. :)

:cheers:
So many people I've PM'ing I forget what I post or who I pm'd. i would just love to see a GXP or Red Line pre-production or not. Not I'm not following you around sorry if it seemed that way.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
deluke said:
So many people I've PM'ing I forget what I post or who I pm'd. i would just love to see a GXP or Red Line pre-production or not. Not I'm not following you around sorry if it seemed that way.
You can follow us around anywhere Deluke. You always have the goods we want to hear.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
1994SC2 said:
You can follow us around anywhere Deluke. You always have the goods we want to hear.
No not always. Constraint for manual should be AROUND 30%. But thats better the 10%. If you call that good.Thats what the Solstice is so the Sky is usually the same.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
deluke said:
No not always. Constraint for manual should be AROUND 30%. But thats better the 10%. If you call that good.Thats what the Solstice is so the Sky is usually the same.
Now you make me sad. :confused:

Deluke, why must you toy with my emoticons? You never call!!!!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
deluke said:
I guess I wrong. Only 17% for the manual on the sky. That stinks !

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest said:
At least there are more being built. Remember back when they hadn't even started to build Kappas? Deja Vu:lol:
:agree:

On my way to my dealers to check my event code out for my GXP.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I ordered manual.
I was torn between Auto or Manual on my RL, and when I heard Auto was actually faster... I almost switched it.

With the situation on manual trans continuing... I may be taking a ride to dealer tonight to switch my order!

·
Registered
188 Posts
He tells me it's a work car, and he's had it for about a week and loves it and that it's fast

WORK CAR??? wow, I want that job.......:drool: :driving:

·
Registered
173 Posts
....automatic faster than a manual?????:confused: And would someone be kind enough to explain to me what an "event code" is?

·
Registered
194 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts